VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T pci card to watch hdtv on computer. I can capture the HD to hard drive as .tp files. The software includes a convertor program which supposedly converts the files to dvd or mpeg2. However all burning/ authoring software I have tried seems to have problems opening or accepting as valid files.Can anyone help with ideas of how I can put the captered files on to dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    īDon't know what type of files and resolution you are referring to but if you have a conversion utility the files that are beeing prepared by it should be 100% compatible. Dvico is not a first rate manuf. so you may have trouble getting some support but I would fire off an email to them if I were you.
    Mainconcept MainActor 5.1 has the ability to open and save to all sorts of formats incl. HD. get the demo and check the properties of your files, analyse why there is a problem. That is all I could suggest at this point.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try DVD2AVI. It's pretty good at opening non-standard MPEG-2 files.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    procoder also will open all types of transport streams - you dont need to even convert them first ..

if they are converted to mpeg - main concept and tempgenc will open them ok
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can try a few other converters. I've used this one with good results. They will just convert TS streams to MPEG. They will not make them DVD compatible. If your stream is 1920x1080, you'll still need to resize it to a compatible resolution.

http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~balazer/HDTVtoMPEG2/

The source files are listed there if you need to recompile the code.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote