VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Valenti Resigns

Jack Valenti officially announced his retirement as president and CEO of the Motion Picture Association of America today (Thursday), saying in a statement that he will turn over his posts to a successor "at a designated time." The MPAA said that he will be succeeded by Dan Glickman, a former Kansas congressman who served as secretary of agriculture under Bill Clinton. "It's been a long run and a great adventure," Valenti said in his statement, adding wistfully, "I do love the movie industry. I wake each morning eager to be at work. But all things have an ending." Valenti was appointed to his current positions in May, 1966. Oddly, the announcement seemed to surprise Glickman, who, when contacted by Reuters, responded, "I have nothing to announce," then added: "I have not signed any agreements."

hopefully now things might get better, although the words "kansas congressman" kind of has me worried
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't get too excited. The manure guy is gonna be worse.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The MPAA today announces Jack Valenti's successor, one Dan Glickman, a former Congressman from Kansas and former Secretary of Agriculture. Glickman will assume Valenti's role as President and CEO of the trade organization September 1.

Glickman had this to say: "As America's most wanted export, the American movie is also a great source of economic growth. I am eager to begin working with my new colleagues at MPAA, here and abroad, with the Congress, the federal government, state legislatures, with officials of nations on all the continents, as well as the global creative community."

Picked the story up from www.zeropaid.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ding Dong the witch is dead.
    As for Dan Glickman I will qoute a song from The Who:"meet the new boss...same as the old boss".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The fact that he hasn't been in the job for nearly four decades might provoke a few small changes. Aside from that, however, it's almost like they have an array of clones or something. Oh well, we can all bitch about it to our hearts' content later.
    "It's getting to the point now when I'm with you, I no longer want to have something stuck in my eye..."
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Unlikely he will challenge Valenti's "legacy".
    Quote Quote