VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm kind of a DVD Writer newb. I'm on a budget and looking for something decent. Single layer is fine. I just want something that is going to work, have decent speeds, and make compatible discs for a number of random dvd players.

I have a 52x cd burner, and after about 2 years or so, it finally has died, so I am thinking a dvd burner would be the way to go. I have toooons of video I'd like to get on dvd. What would some of you recommend for what I'm needing? (Internal by the way )
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Suppose it depends where you live, if you live in the UK the Pioneer 107 is 49.98 at SVP. It's an excellent writer and worth every penny.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the previous model to that the 106 , and I couldn't reccommend it highly enough.

I believe the 107 is the way to go.

That's the first time I've seen it under 50 , that's a bargain.
    My 106 was 100 last October and I thought that was good then.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I paid 112 for my 105 last summer, if the prices keep going down I predict by 2006 they will be paying us to take them, maybe.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you are in the US I would recomend that you visit Newegg.com. the brands of burners that have good reputation are
    1- Pioneer
    2- Plexor
    3- Lite-ON

anyone of these 3 is 1st class in terms of quality and reliability.
    Quote Quote  
  6. No doubt. Pionner is the way to go!
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks

Have you noticed that a slight tax increase costs you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?
    Quote Quote