VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've just pi$$ed a week's wages up the wall by buying an HP IPAQ 2210 plus 256Mb of Compact flash RAM. It is my intention to use my PocketPC as a portable video player amongst other things (eg. entertaining alternative to doing a proper day's work).

I would like to know if anyone has any tips on converting footage DVD/MPG to play back well on a PocketPC.

The screen is 320X240 and movies can be played landscape (lower res acceptable). Obviously I don't want file sizes larger than 256MB. The largest file I'd want to convert would be a 2 hour movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    using an Ipaq i just encoded the movies to Divx at around 300kbps with mono mp3 at 56kbps. any more than this and it crapped out, but that model was a few years old.

also had some success with .rm files created with helix producer -this may be a better way to go than Divx.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Check out Betaplayer. It is a new player derived from Pocket MVP. The newest version is .04 but it is being actively developed. You can easily achive a 2 hour movie on 256mb.

The forum for Betaplayer can be found here.

And a Howto for encoding spicifically for the PPC can be found here.

-Suntan
    Quote Quote