VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by nerys View Post
    and links to those threads please?

I did a search and this is the thread I found.
    Hi,
    I am also have Philips DVDR-615 with broken remote control. So there is my solution to close these dvd wirh "Nero Burning Rom 10.0":

Start NERO and close wizard
    Go to "Recorder" menu
    Select "Disk Info"
    It shows for me 2 tracks (1-unknown, 2-data)
    In he bottom and left side of the screen select drop down menu "DVD R Options"
    Select "Close DVD VR"
    Preass OK in the warning screen
    That is all. After that i am able to play this dvd on PC or other DVD players.

PetrasL
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chiyoaiki View Post
    Is it possible to finalize DVD-R that was written by DVD recorder on PC? If so, how to do it, which software should I use?

I don't own a DVD recorder so I have to try to do it on PC, however the disc was recorded by a friend who used DVD recorder.

Thanks.
    Ive found that when a non finalized DVD is moved to another machine, that machine needs to record anything ,even 30 seconds of anything,if there is room on the disc, then THAT machine will finalize the disc, my experience is only with stand alone DVD recorders,not PCs.I bought 2 magnavox DVD recorders with COMPONET video inputsmodel MRV 660. The last machine to record on the disc will be able to finalize it.Thats been my experience, many times. Mike
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This thread is twelve years old and the person you are replying to is no longer active here. Did you not see the old thread warning? It is there to discourage needless grave digging. If you keep digging up old threads to add your two cents, expect to hear from a moderator.

Plus, not only is the advice you gave unlikely to work using a DVD recorder chosen at random, it is likely to make a the recordings on the DVD unrecoverable with ISOBuster or similar software by screwing up the file system. Having personally recovered recordings from a number of unfinalized discs with ISOBuster, I know that data recovery has a good chance of succeeding, as long as the file system is intact.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Dec 2016 at 13:32. Reason: grammar
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ So you dig up a 4 year old thread (which is actually much older than that) to effectively say what was said in the earlier replies.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ^^ So you dig up a 4 year old thread (which is actually much older than that) to effectively say what was said in the earlier replies.
    I didn't dig this thread up. I replied to mikethomas1954, who did the actual grave digging.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I didn't dig this thread up. I replied to mikethomas1954, who did the actual grave digging.
    This was not directed at you my friend. Methinks your reply came whilst I was composing mine.
    Quote Quote