VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab Video Downloader and rip Netflix video! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can't seem to open an ogm file, I get an error, it says:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could not construct a graph from this file.

-Have you installed all the necessary filters?
    -Note that the 'Render File' menu option cannot render *.GRF files.

Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported. (Return code:0x80040265)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to be able to open them. Then I think i messed it up insalling some player. At any rate, Gspot says i have the correct codecs installed, however, the rendering fails.

It will play in media player classic, I can switch between audios, however the subtitles do not work, I can't turn them on.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sounds like you need to reinstall OggDS. Media Player Classic has a built in Ogg Splitter, and will allow you to open *.ogg, or *.ogm if you don't have the Ogg DirectShow Splitter installed.

The Ogg DirectShow splitter is required by GraphEdit.

You might already have the Core Vorbis filter installed, but if you reinstall OggDS it will still be the preferred filter (unless something has changed).

As for the Subtitles, you have to set the proper "Options" in Media Player Classic.

-------------------------------------------
    OggDS is a Splitter / Decoder combo.
    Core Vorbis is only a Decoder filter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you very much, everything's working great now
    Quote Quote