VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have just ordered the this system for my Epson R200 and was wondering if anyone is using one that could maybe give me advice on what to or not to do when I set this puppy up. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Follow the included instructions. Most important, do not over fill the bottles!

BTW, where did you buy it?
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Village Idiot, thanks for the prompt reply. I bought it off Ebay from a Chinese supplier. The prices otherwise are absolutely ridiculous. Most suppliers want $200-$250 for about $60 worth of plastic parts. The picture on the one I bought on Ebay for $60 seems as good as any I have seen for $250. Anyway I figure I can't lose more than the $60 plus $25 for shipping, heck a 6 pc. set of empty refillable cartridges cost almost that much. Thanks again for the reply and have a great day.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by golfnut
    I bought it off Ebay from a Chinese supplier. The prices otherwise are absolutely ridiculous. Most suppliers want $200-$250 for about $60 worth of plastic parts. The picture on the one I bought on Ebay for $60 seems as good as any I have seen for $250. Anyway I figure I can't lose more than the $60 plus $25 for shipping, heck a 6 pc. set of empty refillable cartridges cost almost that much. Thanks again for the reply and have a great day.
    I noticed the guy on ebay had several for sale 1@$60 and a couple@$140
    Are you happy with your purchase?
    I wonder what the difference between the 2 are?
    Can you decribe what came in the package?
    Any info would be helpfull and appreciated

Thanks
    Rodney

EDIT: Just noticed your first post was on 06/26 so you probably haven't recieved it yet . In any case keep us updated if or when you have recieved it

Thanks again
    Rodney
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rodney I will let you know as soon as I receive it, probably another 2-3 weeks.

GolfNut
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2-3 weeks? Shouldn't take that long unless he has to order the parts to make it.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I agree but I am saying this because he has been VERY SLOW in responding to my emails. I may have gotten ripped off for all I know, we will see, I will keep everyone posted as I hear something.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by golfnut
    I agree but I am saying this because he has been VERY SLOW in responding to my emails. I may have gotten ripped off for all I know, we will see, I will keep everyone posted as I hear something.
    I doubt you have been ripped off his feedback rating was very high
    I took a chance and ordered the $60 one but when I tried to pay Bidpay.com
    wanted more information then I had available so I emailed him but I haven't got any response yet hopfully just a timezone issue

Rodney
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hope you're right Rodney. Thanks for the message.

GolfNut
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just received today my continuous ink flow system for my R200. Only problem is there were no installation instructions so I am hoping someone here can help me out. Here are my questions:

1) The tubes come preassembled to the cartride end of the tube, that's a good thing. There is an open hole on top of the cartridge, is this the fill hole? If so should I fill the empty cartridges with a syringe or should I fill the cartridges by creating a vacuum and let them fill themselves directly from the ink bottles?
    2) How do I create a vacuum to initally fill the tubes and cartrides? There is a supplied syringe that seller says on ebay that should be used to create the initial vacuum but I do not know how to go about doing that, I am just a dummy I guess. Need suggestions here please. By the way the kit also includes a plastic clamp for each tube (6pcs.) which I assume are only for clamping off the ink supply while you need to relocate your printer should that become necessary, does this sound right, what else would you need the clamps for?
    3) The cartridges have chips on them so that they will read "full" all the time but the cartridges are not labled in any way by color. I am wondering if these chips are "color sensitive" or if I can load any color ink in any cartirdge for the initial load up?

Your help would be greatly appreciated then I will post how the system works for those of you who may want to purchase one for yourself. Thanks very much for your help.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wish I had that printer, it would be easier to help. I'll see what I can do when I get home.

write down the order that the carts go in, start with black (on the left?)

The carts may have different chips for each color, but most likely all the same, or just a different one for the black.

Did that kit come with some small rubber plugs?

You should fill the carts with ink before you put them in the printer! But wait until you decide what order to put them in, as some of the tubes may not be long enough if you fill the cart with the wrong color.

Now I can see one of the reasons it was so cheap
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the village idiot thank you for the reply and in trying to help me. The cartridge order from left to right is as follows:

Black, Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow

No rubber plugs came with the kit, what would I need these for?

I examined each and every chip very closely and carefully and can see no difference with the naked eye in any of the circuit boards.

I have no problem knowing how to install the cartridges into the printer making sure the yellow, which will have to be the longest tube, will reach and work correctly. My problem is I do not know how to charge the system (get the ink flowing from the ink bottles, into the tubes, and into the cartridges using a syringe or anything else for that matter. This is where I really need some advice. I would assume since the black color is the furtherest left side color then that would be the cartridge for the black ink. Since the tubes are already expoxed onto the cartridges this is sort of no brainer and hard to screw up I would think. I really appreciate your taking time to help me on this when you get home. Thank you very much.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by golfnut
    Just received today my continuous ink flow system for my R200. Only problem is there were no installation instructions so I am hoping someone here can help me out.
    This might be a stupid question, but did you try emailing the person you bought it from for instructions? Maybe they just forgot to include them or maybe they thought you already knew. My bet is if they made it, they'de be able to tell you the best way to prime them...just a thought
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    stiltman, thanks for the suggestion. Yes already did that but since the seller is in Taiwan and a 12 hour time difference from the US where I am I thought I might get a little quicker response from someone on this forum, hopefully that will still happen but if not I am sure the seller will send them as he has been very cordial and punctual with my emails.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most CIS systems come pre filled, but you should be able to charge it by attaching a syringe to the bottom of the cart and sucking the ink through it. The hole on the top is a type of air valve, think of it as a breather hole. Allows the system to keep proper pressure.

Keep the carts at or bellow the same level as the bottles.

Your chips will reset to the full level after each on/off cycle.

You might not have to remove the clamp that holds the ink carts down, depending on where the tubes are installed at. If you do need to remove the clamp make sure and use a zip tie (nylon strap) to secure the carts in place.
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    disturbed1 first of all thank you for trying to help me. This simple mind of mine needs a little more detailed info if you do not mind. When you say "by attaching a syringe to the bottom of cartridge and sucking ink through it do you mean I should puncture the filmlike material that pucntures when you install the cartridge into the printer? How will I know when the cartridge is full? Remember these are brand new, EMPTY cartridges. Secondly, you say keep the cartridges at or below the same level as the bottle, do you mean height wise or do you mean ink level wise. I was told to keep the bottles below the cartridge level (height wise) which contradicts your statement. If you mean the ink level then I have no way of knowing how much ink is left in the cartridge using chips which always read "full". Thanks again for the help.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by golfnut
    I was told to keep the bottles below the cartridge level (height wise) which contradicts your statement. Thanks again for the help.
    Keep the carts at or bellow the same level as the bottles.
    I could be wrong, and have it backwards

www.inksupply.com read some articles over there. They don't carry a CIS for the R200, but the general procedures are the same.

Good luck.
    Linux _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and idiot-friendly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    disturbed1 thank, will do.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, general instructions:

Assuming that the tubes are just connected to the top of the carts, it is fairly easy to get this working. Since they have a hole in the top, take a syringe and fill each cart with ink. It should hold at least 15ml of ink in each cart. Don't forget to clean the syringe and needle after each color! Now that they are full, you need to plug the hole. If the hole (in the top) is not plugged, then there will be no suction! Don't worry about filling the tubes, the printer will take care of that in time. If the ink is moving up the tubes when the printer is idle, then the ink level is too high, and you will get a mess in the printer and on your prints. Ink level is critical! Don't fill the bottles more than half full, and you may need to fiddle with the level of the bottles above the table where the printer sits. Hopefully the bottles sit in some kind of elevated rack that has been tested to work properly. Bottles to low will cause air to be sucked into the heads causing a nasty clog.

Now if they are built such that the tubes go directly to the printhead, you will need to find a way to suck ink from the bottle, through the tubes, and out the end (at the carts). Then stick the cart into the printer and go for broke. This second method does not work as well as running the ink through the carts, so I hope this isn't the case.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the village idiot, thanks for the detailed instructions. Let me try and explain how the tubes are installed. One end of each of the 6 tubes is is going into a hole on TOP of each cartridge and then sealed with some type of clear "expoxy looking" material. Right beside each of the tube holes is another hole on top of each cartridge, is this the hole you are talking about that I should use to fill the cartridges? Also you mention I should plug this hole after I fill the cartridge with ink, I thought this hole should remain open in order to let air escape and avoid bubbles? True not true? How would I know if the tubes go directly to the printheads as you suggest in your second method? By the way should the ink bottles sit at a higher level than the cartidges, seems to me they should so the ink is flowing somewhat downhill to the cartridges but then again what do I know, can you advise me how this question? Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow and get the instructions from the seller, he did email me a little while ago and said he would send them tomorrow when he got back to work. I really do not want to run making a mess or screwing something up in my brand new Epson RX600.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As far as knowing if the tubes just empty into the cartridge or go directly to the head, there is no way unless you can see the end. The hole next to the tube is the one I would use to fill the cart, if it uses that type of feed. I guess you could try to suck a very small amount of ink into one of the tubes by using the syringe sealed against that extra hole in the cart, and draw some air out of the cartidge. If you see ink rising up the tube, then the tube can not be directly connected to the head (you might have to plug the opening where the cart normally plugs onto the head with one of your fingers for this test).

The ink level should be about the same level as the carts, or slightly lower. If the level is above the carts, then you have a siphon, and the ink will run all over the inside of your printer. It will also drip on your prints and ruin them.

If you don't seal the hole after filling, then the printer can not suck the ink from the tube. The air will rush in through the whole and fill the space previously occupied by the ink.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I placed a needle into the hole next to the tube and it will only penetrate about one eighth of an inch before it hits plastic and stops, how will ink go down into the cartridge if this is the case? No way to draw ink into the tube by sucking air from this hole as you suggest because I can't get a seal for reasons just mentioned, the needle will go down one eigth of an inch. Any suggestions on how to plug the hole, hot glue or would aluminum tape work OK? Thanks again for your help but I am about ready to put this project on the back shelf, too complicated for this simple mind I guess.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Might better wait for the instructions, this system sounds very odd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Will do.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @golfnut :
    how about some pictures (if you have a digital camera or sth) so we can see what we're talkin about and for general impression?

thnx,
    Tzvika
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tkamin, thank you for your reply, yes I do have a digital camera but I have never been able to figure out how to post pictures in this forum, maybe you can help explain how I do this and I will be glad to post pictures. Thank you.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tkamin, here are some pics, hope this helps, obviously I do not have the greatest camera.

Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  30. @Golfnut

I recieved my kit in the mail today and there no instructions included either.
    Did you recieve an email with the instructions yet? if so can you please post them or PM me a copy of them so I dont have to deal with the time difference from the seller

Thanks
    Rodney
    Quote Quote