VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I ordered my own just recently and the guy said he shipped it out last friday so I should be getting it within the next week or so. My main concern is whether or not I'll actually be able to install this thing. I'm about as clueless as golfnut seemed to be. Going over the thread I'm trying to figure it all out. It looks like the ink is injected through the nozzle that hooks into the printer itself. But after injecting the ink into the nozzle, wouldn't it leak out once I turned it right side up? Also, would the ink leak out of the cartridge and into the tubing while I"m holding it up side down, or is that what I use the clamp for? The instructions posted on here say to put the bottles inside the printer, but it doesn't look like there's room inside the R200, so I'm guessing I'd leave them outside, is there enough tubing to do this? golfnut, I'd really like to see some pics of your setup, both with the printer opened and closed, just to see what it all looks like after it's done. After I have the ink injected in the cartridges and installed in the printer, does the ink from the bottles automatically refill the cartridges as I use ink? Finally, I think I read somewhere in the thread to fill the bottles only halfway full of ink, is this right? Hope you guys can sort all this out. I just really don't wanna screw up my printer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just purchased a cis kit as well. It's an ozmod kit purchased from ebay for 124.99US and comes with ink. This kit looks far more superior than others. Has anyone used this before and what are your results?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i'm using the kit from ozmods right now and it's been running great for 2 weeks now. i've printed like 50 dvd labels and covers so far and they all look great. i really wouldn't worry too much because ozmods and excellent tech support. I'm in the U.S. so at night whenever i would email mail them to ask a question they always responded quickly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I went to ozmods site and their cis is for epson R210. Base on your post, I assume that this kit also work for Epson R200. In other words, R210 is the US model R200, isn't it?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. yea the r210 is the same as the r200. i've been using it for 2 weeks now without any problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    gnslinger sorry for delay in replying but have been out of town this week. Pictures probably will not help you as I have an RX600 and sounds like you have the R200 which are 2 completely different installs. To initially charge your system simply use the supplied syringe and attach to the bottom of each cartridge on the printhead opening and draw the ink into the cartridge until all air is out of the tubes, repeat for each cartridge. Make sure your ink bottles are approximately the same height as your cartridges, if anything maybe a little bit lower than your cartridges, this will gurantee proper ink flow from your bottles and keep the cartridges full. After that just make sure you keep the bottles full with about 2 ozs of ink at a time. It is also critical that you do not overfill or fill up the bottles as this will result in ink splotches on your printouts, keep the ink bottles about half full, not full. The only problem I have with my system is that every time I print a document the printer goes thru a complete head cleaning cycle which uses a lot of ink. If I allow my printer to sit more than 5 minutes between print jobs this problem happens, if I print one document immediately after another then no problem but I generally leave my printer on all day as I print at various times during the day and this is somewhat of a problem for me. I have talked to others who have the R200 and they say their printer doesn't do this so you may be ok, it may just be something with the rx600 and not the r200. Hope this helps.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the best ink to use with these systems?

TIA,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. hey depressd & x-kid,
    i too have the system from ozmods.com
    it's good to see that not only i see this as the better system on the market and also i agree...the support from them has been nothing short of excellent. i haven't had to frig around with my setup once since installation!

one other thing to golfnut...man, all i can say is YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, no instructions, no support, but hey, at least you saved a couple of bucks! well done.

the setup instructions from ozmods came to me on a DVD that showed everything, picture perfect. i admit that the quality of video in parts was cheap but still very clear. it's like they have taken it from a VCD then added a bit of "quality" extras and recompiled the whole lot.

to the guys at ozmods.com KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Where are people getting ozmods cis kits for $120. I searched ebay and could not find any for sale. The ones on ozmods site are $180.
    Quote Quote  
  10. seashadow i sent you a pm.
    Quote Quote  
  11. anybody wanting to have a go at building their own CIS for the R200/R210/R300/R310/R500/R510 can get a full set of chips from ozmods.com for about US$15. i don't know how many they have left but they told me that stock was limited.
    i got a set just to play around with and they are supplied on the same moulded chip holder that comes with their kit so you can either pull the chips off and use them on normal cartridges or use them the same way as intended.
    they don't have them in the onlline shop but just email them if you want a set.
    Quote Quote  
  12. i looked on ozmods site and system with ink is 180,, but i see some have gotten if for 120,, can anyone tell me where?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Got mine from ebay. Some guy in hong kong sells for $95 US. Ordered it and received it withing five days. Extremelty easy setup , everyting is one piece, just pop in cartidges and ur gtg.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Is it the jlwsales guy??

I just ordered a set from him last week for 99.50 + 25 shipping to US. Hope it works.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Yup, same guy. The instructions come in chinese but have pictures and its not difficult at all to setup. Just pop in the cartidges, change the ink bottle caps wth the air vavle caps and ur good to go. Also you can email him and he will send u the instructions in english.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got my CIS a few weeks ago, but have yet to install it and probably won't because I've decided to just use generic carts instead. They're a lot easier to install, and still don't cost that much. So now I have a CIS kit sittin around that house, so if anyone wants to buy it, I'll sell it for $50, which is takin quite a loss on it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have to tell you guys I'm very happy with the CIS I got from jlwsales.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1246&item=6720494913&rd=1

It came in about 3 days. It came with ink and I was suprised by the quality. The hardest thing was getting the right amount of tubing so it would get in the way.

I thought that I would have white lines or something on my first picture print. I thought I would need to run a cleaning a few times or something. On my very first print attempt which was a picture, it came out perfect.

Btw, he included an english set of instruction too.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to hear everyone is having good luck with the kit from jlwsales. I think I will get one soon myself. Has anyone had to replace the ink yet? Did anyone buy extra from him while ordering? Just wondering if there were any issues once ink gets low, or when adding new.
    Shovels Rule!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Dam, I guess I spoke too soon. My chips arent alway reading full. WTF.

I guess I will email the guy and see what he says. What a pain if I have to get my own chips.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dmagic

Maybe you need to download this software
    http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

This application shoud reset your cartridge.
    I use it when I need to do a head clean on black only or color only.

Let me know if you work it out.
    Quote Quote  
  21. *edit*

SSC doesn't seem to work for it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I guess I jumped the gun again. The chips do kick in and show 100% full. For some reason though, they sometimes revert back to normal and show a lower ink level. I don't know if that's normal or not. I'm also not sure If it will continue to drop. That could present a problem when it finally reads zero.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I've emailed the seller and having gotten a response about the chips. The funny thing is that he replied to a question about how to refill the tanks but hasn't replied to the chip problem.

I can't get SSC to work properly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dmagic,
    Do you also print photos? If yes, what are the results? Could you say identical to Epson cartridge?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by RickTheRed
    dmagic,
    Do you also print photos? If yes, what are the results? Could you say identical to Epson cartridge?

Thanks
    Result are very good.

I finally got an answer from the ebayer.

Dear,

The version of chips will reset when ink get to bottom level, or you can unplug the printer when printer in idle mode, please try, and we will send you the replace chip in worst case, thanks.
    Good to hear that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dmagic1

Thanks a llllllooooot.
    I have not wait for your answer and ordered a kit.
    If I have problem, you can bet I will post here.

I have only tried one set of compatible cartridges and was very disapointed with all the problem they have created. I did not wanted to try every cartridge here and there. I figured: even if the colors are off, I have plenty of ink to adjust the settings.
    Can't wait to start printing with this system. :P
    Quote Quote  
  27. I'm loving this system now. I had been refilling carts for awhile. This system saves me so much time. I just printed to about 60 disc in the last two days.

Great Points:
    1. Ink Included(all proper colors)
    2. Quality Design. The design keeps the right amount of ink in the output tank at all times. No worries about too much ink in a bottle.
    3. Super fast shipping.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dmagic,

What about refills?
    Is it simple as buying a few bulk ink bottles and pour in the current one?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  29. Yes. You pour ink into the small part of the tanks. Tilt it on its side to let that ink flow into the larger part of the tanks. Repeat until the larger part of the tanks is full.
    Quote Quote