VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Rodney, no instructions yet, piss poor communication from seller, very frustrating, when and if I get them I will let you know. If you figure out how to install please let me know and I will do the same, let's stay in touch and compare notes.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by golfnut

These are clamps to stop the flow of ink. The tubing goes through the hole in each end, then just press until it latches, squeezing the tube. You can see better pictures of the clamps at http://www.usplastic.com . As far as the rest, can't really see anything that could be of help. You could use some glue to seal the syringe in one of the holes in the carts, to test like I suggested before. It almost looks like the side will snap off of the cartidges, several show that the seam is a little seperated.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the village idiot the hole in the cartridge is too small for the end of the syringe so the syringe will not fit into the hole so that is not an option. I just noticed what you mean about the seams, looks like they may leak when filled, a definite reason to fill the cartridge and test BEFORE putting them in the printer. Live and learn I guess, never will buy anything again directly from China/Taiwan I can assure you.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  4. The carts do come apart but there is a plastic MYLAR? type material welded to the cart under the plastic side the same kind of material that is used to seal the print head on a new cart.

I did take an old cart and stuck the supllied syringe directly into the print head on the bottom of the cart, it made a real nice seal and I was actually able to pull ink out of the old cart. I am assuming this is the way to prime the carts but I think im going to wait a day or two to see if either golfnut or I receive an email from the seller with the proper instructions
    The suspense of have a new toy and not being able to use it is killing me though

Rodney
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rodney thanks for the info. If this is the case it sounds like you could refill the original epson cartridges this way could you not?
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rodney I have received the instructios, if you would like to PM your email address to me I will glad to send you a copy.

GolfNut
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  7. Why don't you post them here, that way the next person that has this trouble will be able to fix it?

Also what happens if you're no longer around?
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also what happens if you're no longer around?
    got any plans... ? :P
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would be more than happy to show them here if I knew how to post them here. The instructions were sent to me as an email attachment in word format. This forum will only allow posts in jpg, giff, and png format. I do know how to save the attachment which is in word format to one of these three formats so that it will post here. If someone would like to tell how and if this can be done I will be glad to post here.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check your PM
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Having some propblems, give me a little while.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No problem.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  15. I sent you pm with my email address
    I screwed around earlier today and hooked the system up but its not working 100% yet what I did was suck som air out of the carts with the syringe from the end of the tube then stuck it into the bottle and let it pull the ink into the cart. Hopfully this is how I was suppose to do it if not maybe the intsructions can help me get it working 100%

Thanks Rodney
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here it is:

How To Install the Bulk Ink System on Epson RX500/RX510
    Standard Kit

1. A set of 6 empty CIS cartridges (marked B/C/M/Y/Lc/Lm)
    2. A set of 6 auto reset chips (attached on cartridges already)
    3. A set of 6 ink stoppers (pre-assembled with tube already)
    4. Syringe
    5. Tube Holder x2
    6. A set of 6 ink tanks (empty and clean)

- Load inks from ink tanks to empty cartridges by using syringe
    - When loading inks, hand ink cartridge up side down as picture shown in order to get rid of air inside the cartridges. Otherwise, banding may occur when printing
    - Must load ink into cartridge about 98% full of cartridge. Stop loading ink when ink appear in the syringe

- Before installing CIS cartridges, please remove the print-head lid as picture shown.
    - Stick tube holders provided in the box to fix tubes
    - Adjust the length of tubes before turning on power
    - Put ink bottles in the left side of printer

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can't open pictures, not that I need to because I already have them obviously but others may have trouble that might like to see them, just FYI. Thanks a million for your help.

GolfNut
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by golfnut
    Can't open pictures, not that I need to because I already have them obviously but others may have trouble that might like to see them, just FYI. Thanks a million for your help.

GolfNut
    They weren't really there yet. Having a problem with jpgs so I had to change them to gif.

Also had to install word viewer, and print to PDF, then cut the pictures out and save them. Cut and paste the text, and upload all the pictures.

But there it is for anyone wanting this kit! Enjoy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The village idiot thanks so much for going to all that trouble, one day maybe I will learn how to do all that stuff hopefully. Have a great evening.

GolfNut
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are welcome
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by The village idiot
    Here it is:

How To Install the Bulk Ink System on Epson RX500/RX510
    Standard Kit
    Lot of work TVI, Thanks!

Now for a question, The thread say R200 but the instructions are for RX500 and RX510....Do they all use the same ink and carts?
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    R200, R300, RX500 and RX600 all use same ink and cartridges, this much I do know.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TVI may I ask you a question regarding my ink flow system since you seem to know quite a bit. I have it working and it is printing just fine but the cartridges are showing 75% empty after all the head cleanings I have done. This indicates to me that the ink is not flowing properly from the ink bottles to the cartridges. The ink in the tubes seems to stop about 2 or 3 inches short of filling the cartridge. I have tried raising and lowering the ink level bottles in relation to the cartridge level. When I raise the bottles I can see ink flowing better and into the cartridges but when I print I get globs of ink on picture which seems to me there is then too much pressure. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also these are suppose to be read "full" cartridges, why would they go down to 75% empty if this is the case. Should I recharge/refill the cartridges again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

GolfNut
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried turning the printer off, then back on to fix the ink level problem? The chips only tell the printer how much ink there is when it is first turned on. After that the printer keeps track of the ink used, and then saves it to the chips when you power down.

As far as the ink being drawn from the tubes, it would seem there is a problem. If you filled the carts and the tubes by the method described in the instructions, and the ink is no longer filling the tubes then it is possible that the ink bottle height is wrong. Try increasing the bottle height in very small amounts, like 1/8 inch (2mm) at a time. The bottles should be slightly lower than the cartridge/printhead. Also remember to only fill the bottles half full. It could also mean there is a leak in the tubes allowing air to get into the system.

Just a question, this kit did come with a bottle rack that is somewhat elevated from the tabletop didn't it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looking back at the pictures, if you have exactly what is shown, then the bottles are much too low. Try raising them to about 3/4 inch (2cm) above the tabletop and make sure they are only half full of ink.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TVI, yes do have bottle rack, yes have tried the power down process, yes have tried raising and lowering bottle rack, no luck, no fun. Also having a problem with printer recoginizing there are carts installed, sometimes it recognizes them and sometimes I get a message, no cartridges can be found, crazy, 'bout ready to say the heck with it, but it is printing absolutely great but the ink levels still keep going down, beats me, thanks again for trying to help though. Guess I should have known, you usually get what you pay for, particularly when it comes to dealing with Taiwan and China. Thanks.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TVI here's what happens when I raise or lower the bottle rack.

With the rack sitting just below the cartridge level the ink stops about an inch or two short of going all the way to the cartridge.

If I raise bottle rack say a half an inch I can see the ink easing its way closer to the cartridge but unless I raise the rack about 6 to 8 inches above the cartridge level then the ink will not go all the way to the cartridge. When I raise it 6-8 inches is also when I get ink splotches on my printed picture.

If you look at the instruction pictures and notice how the tubes are layed out it requires the ink to flow in an upward direction to get to the top of the cartridge, seems to me this could be the problem but I don't really know. Oh well I guess maybe I can keep playing with it.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  28. try this for the ink level problem in the software
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=973243&highlight=ssc#973243
    Quote Quote  
  29. do you have air in the tubes?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stiltman thank you for the reply. I would say yep to having air in the tubes but don't know how it got there and would really like some advice on how to get it out if you can help. I will check out the link you sent now.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote