VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 71
Thread
  1. I recieved my 6 50pack Samsungs DVD+R from Newegg the other day. I just checked their media ID codes this evening. All 6 are ID'd as Yuden000T01
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member kpoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Just recieved my 50 pack of Samsung's from Newegg and I'm happy to report that they are infact YUDEN001

    Happy burning days are ahead for me!
    Live Long, Play Hard, Think BIG!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by kpoman
    Just recieved my 50 pack of Samsung's from Newegg and I'm happy to report that they are infact YUDEN001

    Happy burning days are ahead for me!

    This is certainly good news! Just STAY AWAY from those 25Pack of Samsungs

    I had been ordering my TY from Rima.com. My last order with Rima was for 2 - 50Pks which cost me $129.08! Two (2) of these Samsungs 50pks from Newegg cost me $93.07.

    That's a savings of $36.01 for the same quantity and quality TY media, under a different brand name!


    What are doing doing for labels on your Samsungs?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by nickyboy4
    I dont understand why people just dont pay a little extra and order TY rather than a brand that may or may not be TY????
    The value of what you are burning, the money saved with less coasters just makes sense to only buy quality media. A good buy isnt so good if the quality sucks.
    You get what you pay for!
    The cost is MUCH MORE than "a little extra!" I'm not one to cry over nickles and dimes, but the savings in securing the Samsungs (Yudens) are worth the effort.

    I had been ordering my Taiyo Yudens from Rima.com. My last order with Rima was for 2 - 50Pks which cost me $129.08! Two (2) of these Samsungs 50pks from Newegg cost me $93.07.

    That's a savings of $36.01
    for the same quantity and quality TY media, under a different brand name!

    Based on the quantity of DVDs I purchase, these Samsungs save me $500 a year!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Search Comp PM
    just got screwed... newegg told me they won't accept any orders outside of the US even if i'm paying via paypal... i'm gonna have to stick to meritline/supermediastore... any good deals there?
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by tkamin
    just got screwed... newegg told me they won't accept any orders outside of the US even if i'm paying via paypal... i'm gonna have to stick to meritline/supermediastore... any good deals there?
    www.supermediastore.com has Ritek G04(DVD-R) for approx. $.55 per disc when you buy 50,100 or 200 pack(free shipping in the US).
    The DVD+R is about $.60 per disc and the media code is RICOHJPNR01,they burn at 8x with my BenQ.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Search Comp PM
    [quote]the media code is RICOHJPNR01is that for the dvd+r only or also for the dvd-r?

    and also which is the better ritek: ridata retail box or ridata in red plastic package ?
    it said on the comatability chart: RITEK 4X DVD-R (including 4X matte finish, shiny finish and white inkjet printable).
    which finish is the retail box ?

    thanks,
    Tzvika
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by westlaw
    Originally Posted by nickyboy4
    I dont understand why people just dont pay a little extra and order TY rather than a brand that may or may not be TY????
    The value of what you are burning, the money saved with less coasters just makes sense to only buy quality media. A good buy isnt so good if the quality sucks.
    You get what you pay for!
    The cost is MUCH MORE than "a little extra!" I'm not one to cry over nickles and dimes, but the savings in securing the Samsungs (Yudens) are worth the effort.

    I had been ordering my Taiyo Yudens from Rima.com. My last order with Rima was for 2 - 50Pks which cost me $129.08! Two (2) of these Samsungs 50pks from Newegg cost me $93.07.

    That's a savings of $36.01
    for the same quantity and quality TY media, under a different brand name!

    Based on the quantity of DVDs I purchase, these Samsungs save me $500 a year!
    Thats a good deal for you but what if they turned out to be something else? I know some got two 25 packs instead of the 50 and they were not TY.
    Not worth the fuss and risk, you can find Maxells for around a buck at several places.
    Quote Quote  
  9. [quote="tkamin"]
    the media code is RICOHJPNR01is that for the dvd+r only or also for the dvd-r?

    and also which is the better ritek: ridata retail box or ridata in red plastic package ?
    it said on the comatability chart: RITEK 4X DVD-R (including 4X matte finish, shiny finish and white inkjet printable).
    which finish is the retail box ?

    thanks,
    Tzvika
    RICOHJPNR01 is DVD+R only.
    I would get the retail cake box(spindle) because I have had damaged discs when buying in bulk package,the retail box has a matte finish.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Search Comp PM
    thanks alot! i think that's exactly what i'll order...
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Search Comp PM
    I saw this on Rima:

    Samsung DVD+R 4.7GB, 4X, $0.75 ea., 100-Pack
    and there was also a very similar pack of 50 discs.... does look like what you ppl received from newegg?? did any1 ever order these from rima?
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by mccoady
    Well I just got a couple of 25pk spindles in the mail today, because they were out of 50pk when I ordered and they are BeAll! You just never know, I thought I was getting Ty's or I wouldn't have ordered them.

    Mike
    Are you saying that YOU ORDERED the Samsung 25pk spindles because Newegg was out of the 50pks?

    Or, are you saying that YOU ORDERED 1 Samsung 50pk, BUT Newegg instead, SENT YOU the 2 - 25Pk Samsungs?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by tkamin
    I saw this on Rima:

    Samsung DVD+R 4.7GB, 4X, $0.75 ea., 100-Pack
    and there was also a very similar pack of 50 discs.... does look like what you ppl received from newegg?? did any1 ever order these from rima?

    The packaging looks identical to the ones I've ordered from Newegg. I've just placed an order for 2- 50pks from Rima. I'll post the media codes when I get them!

    If these are the same Samsung (Yuden) DVD+Rs, this price beats Newegg's price by $10 based on quantity of 100 DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Search Comp PM
    now we're talkin... let me know as soon as you get them! i'm dying to get some already... and finally someone is willig to accept international credit cards...
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
  15. tkamin, those packs are different than the BeAll 50 packs -R from Samsung, so i have reason to believe those are yudens. BeAll is packed in the "traditional" spindles. I order tomorrow from psdata.no, since im so happy with the price of samsungs from them i dont care much if its BeAll or Yuden, they are still cheaper than Riteks and much better.
    Quote Quote  
  16. " ...they are still cheaper than Riteks and much better"

    Ritek DVD-R(GO4)=$.55USD
    Ritek DVD+R(RICOH)=$.60USD
    TY/BeAll DVD+R=$.75USD


    Ritek are high quality and I've only had 1 coaster out of 150+ discs.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Ok Moviegeek, but.. They are not cheaper here, and i cant get them to verify with success at 4x, so its BeAll all the way for -R for me. They can also fail at 4x but not that often. They did lower the price at G04s last time i checked, but still well over Samsung in price. The prices are very different in different parts of the world, so far i havent even seen CMC (Thats Write and others) as cheap as the Samsungs, only Princos, i guess thats not an alternative for you as well? And, would you use more expensive disks that didnt work well in your burner? Right, neither do i.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member Prot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Search Comp PM
    Finally got my Samsung 50 pk today. Wasn't home when FedEx delivered, so I had to go pick them up at their office, but I am happy to report they are YUDEN000T01. Thanks to the original poster, and those who responded, for letting me know about these.

    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
  19. I don't know what it is about these disks but they seem to scratch REALLY easily. I can just place them on a desk, press (touch) it lightly, and there'll be light scratch marks. I've used mostly Richojpn's in the past and those seem more robust.

    Maybe these TY's don't have anti-scratch protection? I've noticed that some CD-R's tout that, and they can be really tough.

    Just an observation.

    HEX
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by tkamin
    now we're talkin... let me know as soon as you get them! i'm dying to get some already... and finally someone is willig to accept international credit cards...
    CONFIRMED!

    The Samsungs from Rima.com are the coveted Taiyo Yudens

    Media ID Code: Yuden000T01

    Quote Quote  
  21. I wanted to confirm to stay away from the 25pk. They are BeAll and after burning some tests they show a high read error rate. My riteks performed much better but they are dvd-r 4x G04's. I am in the process of trying to exchange the disks with newegg, I already played around with inferior disks(optodisk) and I don't want to lose data again. I guess I need to bite the bullet and rely on TY, less problems, higher reliability. By the way I'm using the Benq 822a as a burner and nero/dvddecryper as burn progs.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Well, i would say you guys who received BeAll instead of Yuden are better off than me. I received 2 50 spindles today, and it is... OPTODISK! I will return the one i didnt open and get 2pcs 25 spindles instead. How to know to stay away from these: They are packed in spindles with a traditional bottom plate, color is a bad looking light grey.

    Anyway, i havent had problems with BeAll +R, NO read errors in 46 disks, only 1 coaster caused by a BIG black object on the disk while burning it, after that i became more careful with keeping blank disks clean I do expect problems now, i have some OPTODISK +RW that i never managed to burn without getting errors during verify.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by thor300
    Well, i would say you guys who received BeAll instead of Yuden are better off than me. I received 2 50 spindles today, and it is... OPTODISK! I will return the one i didnt open and get 2pcs 25 spindles instead. How to know to stay away from these: They are packed in spindles with a traditional bottom plate, color is a bad looking light grey.

    Anyway, i havent had problems with BeAll +R, NO read errors in 46 disks, only 1 coaster caused by a BIG black object on the disk while burning it, after that i became more careful with keeping blank disks clean I do expect problems now, i have some OPTODISK +RW that i never managed to burn without getting errors during verify.

    thor300 - where did you purchase you 2 spindles?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Search Comp PM
    thor300 - where did you purchase you 2 spindles?
    oh... no... i just finished ordering a 50-pack from rima.com... it's already in transit... hope i won't get screwed...
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
  25. I wrote it in a previous post in this thread, www.psdata.no. I know they used to have Yuden Samsungs from a very reliable source (the Norwegian testlab for CDFreaks.com). Well, im screwed, i hope noone else who followed this thread will experience the horror i did. Tried to burn one at 4x, during verify the speed fell down to 1.1x frequently, before it finally had a total failure at around 80%. This is the worst DVD media i have ever tried. It seems to be ok when burned at 2.4x, the verify never slow down and its success 3 times in a row, but still... OPTODISK?? So terrible, im suffering!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Search Comp PM
    i feel for you dude... indeed you have to take some chances to get TY at this price.. my delivery is scheduled for july 15th... i'll post media id when i'll get it...
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thor300
    I wrote it in a previous post in this thread, www.psdata.no. I know they used to have Yuden Samsungs from a very reliable source (the Norwegian testlab for CDFreaks.com). Well, im screwed, i hope noone else who followed this thread will experience the horror i did. Tried to burn one at 4x, during verify the speed fell down to 1.1x frequently, before it finally had a total failure at around 80%. This is the worst DVD media i have ever tried. It seems to be ok when burned at 2.4x, the verify never slow down and its success 3 times in a row, but still... OPTODISK?? So terrible, im suffering!
    Hi, did you order from newegg? Bummer I really wanted to get the 50 pack for 37.99.
    "What It Do"
    Huh ?????
    Quote Quote  
  28. I am just wondering, are the 50 packs of this at Newegg still of the Taiyo Yuden variety? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Midlothian,VA
    Search Comp PM
    i recieved my 5 spindle from newegg yesterday. they were in fact YUDEN!!!! only down side--i paid $42.99 and now they are $37.99
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Houston,Tx
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVDDave
    i recieved my 5 spindle from newegg yesterday. they were in fact YUDEN!!!! only down side--i paid $42.99 and now they are $37.99
    So I should order them then?
    "What It Do"
    Huh ?????
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads