VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Last ones are ordered were Yuden001. I just placed an order for more. This is one hell of a deal (if in fact they are still Yuden). Crossing my fingers.....

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-131-223&depa=0
    Live Long, Play Hard, Think BIG!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've just ordered 6 cake spindles upon seeing this post.

I'll be back here raising hell (and demanding a refund from newegg.com) if these aren't the Yuden media codes.

The Samsung cake spindles I ordered 10 days ago from newegg were the coveted Yuden ID code. They burned fantasically at 8X and they played from beginning to end, without any read errors!

Thanks again for the heads up!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great price, seems Newegg.com reviews indicate good quality, I ordered 2 50 packs. Thanks for the tip!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Kpoman,

What sort of finish are on the discs themselves? are they totally blank? I wish they would show the actual face of a disc for clarity.
    "*sigh* Warned you, we tried. Listen, you did not. Now SCREWED, we all will be!" ~Yoda
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll report back when they arrive.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm about 5 hours away from Newegg's California shipping center.
    Maybe I'll get mine first, and be able to post that information to you!

LET THE RACE BEGAN!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by GreyDeath
    Kpoman,

What sort of finish are on the discs themselves? are they totally blank? I wish they would show the actual face of a disc for clarity.
    The Samsungs I ordered 10 days ago were shiny silver with white, large type font text (Samsung DVD+R 4.7GB insignia) on the upper half the disc. The lower half of the disc is blank. I have one of those Casio CD/DVD thermo printers and I was able to print on the bottom portion of the disc without any problems.

Just recently, I started using Stomper/Avery CD-DVD labels on the Samsung disc. Becuase the disc text is white, these stomper labels are able to competely mask the white text on the disc. There is no text show-through whatsoever.

Had the white text on the samsung disc been black or colored, the text would have easily shown through the Stomper label.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They sure didn't last long, gone in the span of a couple of days? Sheesh.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Gen-An

Go for the 25 Pack here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-131-249&depa=0

Still a damn good deal...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried ordering the 25pk but not sure it went through, I never received an email confirmation, should I try again? I really don't want a double order, but I do want to make sure I got some on order. The is the first time I've ordered from them, don't you usually get some kind of a confirmation? Thanks!

Mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mccoady
    I tried ordering the 25pk but not sure it went through, I never received an email confirmation, should I try again? I really don't want a double order, but I do want to make sure I got some on order. The is the first time I've ordered from them, don't you usually get some kind of a confirmation? Thanks!

Mike
    login to your newegg account and check order status
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It showed no order so I reordered again and it went though this time. Strange, but at least they're on order now only hope they're Yudens. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very happy to report the media code for these disks are YUDEN000T01

NewEgg delivered in lightning fashion as usual!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by GKar
    Very happy to report the media code for these disks are YUDEN000T01

NewEgg delivered in lightning fashion as usual!
    HIP HIP HORRAY! ...And all the town's people lived happily ever after!

This is certainly good news. I ordered 6 50packs, so I'll be okay for a few months.

More and more, I'm seeing that buying great DVD media at an exceptional price is like working the floor at the stock exchange or dealing in commodities as a day-trader.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just ordered a 50 pack...all I can afford right now. All I need to do is wait. Funny, but I thought TY came in dvd-r only. Now I know better. Thanks for the posting about these.
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
  16. No, you can afford more.

Bestbuy dot com has ten with cases for $4.99 after rebate. These are Panasonic 4x, most people report they are TYs, they say made in Japan on them so, did I mention free shipping?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by handyguy
    No, you can afford more.

Bestbuy dot com has ten with cases for $4.99 after rebate. These are Panasonic 4x, most people report they are TYs, they say made in Japan on them so, did I mention free shipping?
    Yes a great price but if you read the rebate it says"Limit one rebate per name, address or household. It is illegal to submit multiple requests for the same."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. For those of you that didnt get a chance to buy this media , they just came back in stock. Now that they are confirmed TY, get'em while they're hot!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No coupon or rebate needed? WOW!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I just got a couple of 25pk spindles in the mail today, because they were out of 50pk when I ordered and they are BeAll! You just never know, I thought I was getting Ty's or I wouldn't have ordered them.

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I just got a couple of 25pk spindles in the mail today, because they were out of 50pk when I ordered and they are BeAll
    what the hell? any1 else knows wus up with that? i was just about to order seeing that everybody has been getting TY but this just isn't worth it... i might just as well take my risk with the 50 ritek for 26$... anyway to ask newegg in advance what am i getting?

Edit: just checked the link given in the top here and it says in stock:

Samsung 4x 4.7G DVD+R 50 Pack in Cake Box, Model DRP47450CK, Retail
    **NON-REFUNDABLE ITEM. Exchange for same Exact Item Only!
    In Stock: Yes.
    With all due respect... and there is respect...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I just got a couple of 25pk spindles in the mail today, because they were out of 50pk when I ordered and they are BeAll! You just never know, I thought I was getting Ty's or I wouldn't have ordered them
    I would send them back.
    If they are going to send you something different than you ordered, they should at least contact you first.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh... i didn't get what you said... did you receive BeALL branded Media or samsung with BeAll media ID?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by richdvd
    Well I just got a couple of 25pk spindles in the mail today, because they were out of 50pk when I ordered and they are BeAll! You just never know, I thought I was getting Ty's or I wouldn't have ordered them
    I would send them back.
    If they are going to send you something different than you ordered, they should at least contact you first.
    That reasoning really doesn't apply here. No where does Newegg advertise the media as being TY. It just so happens that for a period of time Samsung oem'd the media from TY. And people posted reviews saying such. Newegg even has a disclaimer about such reviews. But you can't blame Newegg for false advertisement. He got what he ordered, Samsung branded discs (at least in Samsung packaging).

But this doesn't mean I don't think you should/shouldn't send the discs back, but just don't complain if they insist on a restocking fee.
    Blah, blah, blah
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's right they didn't advertise as being Ty's, so how can I complain to Newegg. I had been watching for a deal on Ty's for awhile and probably would have paid more just to try some, but it looks like I have some Samsung BeAlls to use up first. I guess you might be fairly safe in ordering the Samsung 50pk since they have all turned out to be Ty's, (but who really knows), who would have thought that the same media packed in 25 and 50 from the same retailer would be made by different companies. I'm new to all this so I certainly didn't know, but maybe this is a common occurrence.

I would be interested in knowing for sure if people are continuing to get Ty's in the 50pk?

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would be interested in knowing for sure if people are continuing to get Ty's in the 50pk?

Mike
    that would make two of us.... anyone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My disks will arrive on Tuesday. Guess I better check them as well. Newegg shipping order reports them as the 50 pack, but I'll check the media code as well. I have a Pioneer A06, so it should still not be picky about the media, but my standalone dvd player might. Time will tell.
    TANSTAAFL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You order Samsung, Newegg delivers Samsung, whoever Samsung OEM's out to is not Newegg's fault, Newegg never listed them as TY's.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I dont understand why people just dont pay a little extra and order TY rather than a brand that may or may not be TY????
    The value of what you are burning, the money saved with less coasters just makes sense to only buy quality media. A good buy isnt so good if the quality sucks.
    You get what you pay for!
    Quote Quote  
  30. The model code, DRP47450CK, that is BeAll, at least the ones i bought were. Actually i bought 25 spindles, model# DRP47425CK, and they are all BeAll. Very good media btw, but ofcourse not worth $42.99, at that price it should have been Yuden. Its possible they use same model# for Yuden and BeAll, but i doubt it, so look for another # when ordering Samsung maybe?
    Btw, i will order a 50 spindle next week, maybe those ARE Yuden I post back if that should happen, but the chance is small, i order from the same store as before, their Samsungs are CHEAP! Other stores here can barely sell Princo for that price (which reduces the chance of it being Yuden even more )
    Quote Quote