VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do You Still Make VCD/SVCD/CVD/Mini-DVD Disks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I often cap at CVD or SVCD on my PVR computer when it is not for disc archiving (when I delete it after viewing).
    But for long I dont burn anything else than DVD, unless per request (or if someone wants that latest episode of i.e. The Shield or Deadwood that I have capped on my hdd in SVCD format).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by fmctm1sw
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    Hmmmm. Was there never a tgpo option on this one? I must have forgotten to update the poll before I submitted it.
    That avatar! Was that "Mike Tyson's Punch Out"?

Doesn't look like any boxing going on there to me...I don't even see any boxing gloves

Those guys look a little too happy
    Are you sure that shouldn't read - "a little help from my friends" or "a helping hand" :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have created tens of vcds and after started doing svcds but was never happy about the quality of both, espcecially when i watch a dvd i can see the difference, i am soon getting my dvd burner will start doing dvds.
    besides putting about 35 mins on 1 svcd is really not enough escpecially when you shoot everyday about 1-2 hours, you need tons of cds so moving to dvd soon...cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't created a VCD since I bought my Pioneer A06 just on twelve monts ago. I paid $575 (aus) for it. I have just purchased the A07 today for the grand total of $198 . I think I jumped in to quickly!!!.
    btw- this one is for my brother, not me- happy with the a06
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD+-R all the way with expeptions. Since I have a Phillips 642 player I can play Divx to my TV. For those who claim that DVDs are still cost prohibitive, have you seen the cost of Riteks and Prodisks DVD-r/4x They are like 30-40 /100 disks now. I do produce an accasional Divs with Dr. Divx and as long as the movie is not too much past 120 min, you get a very good viewable disk. With VBR encoding ( 2 pass ) you get very good results even in action scences. Still,,, DVD is best and I buy in large enough packs to justify it.
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    With the prices of DVD burners as low as they are, Do You Still Make VCD/SVCD/CVD/Mini-DVD Disks?

Nope. DVD-R all the way!
    My VCD days are pretty much OVER now that I have a DVD burner, and I couldn't be happier. Never made SVCDs. I may use HD-Burn CDRs for DivX movies but that is probably as close as I will get now to making a VCD. But those six magical weeks of making VCDs were great.
    Quote Quote