VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I burned a SVCD and it plays fine. However, the fast forward and rewind buttons on my standalong player do not work correctly. They terminate or restart the entire movie. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jerry
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you create chapters when creating the svcd? Is pbc enabled on your dvd player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its probably a compatiblity problem. Try the disk in someone elses DVD player.

Chapters arn't needed for fast forward or rewind. However if these don't word for SVCD on your DVD player, then the chapters my provide an alternative.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the same problem as the 1st poster, except that I mux with ffmpegx and burn DVDs with Toast 6 Titanium.

I'm using ffmpegx (os x) and when I use either DVD mpeg2enc or DVD ffmpeg I come up with a dvd I can neither fast forward nor rewind. It doesn't matter if I have left the chapters in the video tab blank or if I've set them to 1 to 700.

MovieGate works great for muxing, as does Toast itself, but with these two programs I can't add subtitles. That's why I need ffmpegx. (I've tried sizzle but it's not very convenient since it only accepts .subs.)

Any help would be great.

--B
    Quote Quote