VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    It seems no one is offering a SCSI DVD-ROM with digital audio output (the 2-pin audio output). Can't they co-exist together? Almost every new ATAPI ones get it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I just got an ATAPI Pioneer DVD-116 a month or so ago, and when it got here I was surprised to see that it didn't have SPDIF out, either! My CDRW has it, but not the DVDROM! I was shocked, but I bit the bullet and hooked up the analog audio, then checked in the Digital Audio Output in the properties for it. It wouldn't play Audio CDs or the audio from DVDs unless I checked that in... odd, but oh well.
    irc.webmaster.com port 6667 #DDR
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im looking at getting the pioneer 305s 10x scsi dvdrom drive, but i hadn't thought to check this.

do you have a scsi dvd-rom drive or are you about to buy one?

damn thing costs 90 chalupas on pricewatch. im thinking about just getting one of these ide numbers...

yo

THIS IS HARDCORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, I want to get a SCSI DVD-ROM. But couldn't find one having SPDIF out so far. Any good suggestion?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, as far as the spdif, i have no suggestion. however, if you go with pioneer, be sure to get the 305s and not the 304 model. both are 10x scsi dvd drives, but i believe the 305s is a correction for some problem with the 304.

unless... maybe the 304 can have its region changed as many times as you like, so they fixed that...

????

man.. i wish more people went scsi!
    THIS IS HARDCORE
    Quote Quote