VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys

Quick question about Hauppauge USB Nova T streams and the above software.

If I run a captured stream through Pvastrumento (without creating a program stream first) by demuxing for Mpeg2Schnitt do I need to do a create PS or is the resulting "cut" (post Mpeg2Schnitt) stream suitable for DVD creation after being remuxed with Tmpegenc?

Thanks

Luap
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    You don't need to muliplex again before importing to a DVD authoring software. Most DVD authoring programs allows importing elementary streams (separated video and audio).
    Ronny
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ronny

Thanks for that. I didn't make my question very clear. What I really meant is would I have to a "create PS" in Pvastrumento at any stage or is the demux and cut sufficient to create a program stream acceptable for DVD creation.

BTW I don't think DVD Movie Factory 2 (my only authoring package) can accept elementary streams. It just says import video. Not really looked into it as I have only ever authored with mpegs.

Cheers

Luap
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The "create PS" in PVAStrumento has been buggy (at least in previous versions) so if you need a program stream I suggest multiplexing the elementary streams to program stream with another software like TMPGEnc or BBmpeg.

I have used SpruceUP, DVDMaestro and DVDlab which all accepts elementary streams as input. With spruceup you must use the same name on audio as video but with different extentions, like video.mpv and video.mpa and then import the video.mpv which causes the audio to be imported automatically. I have not used Ulead DVD Movie factory 2 so I don't know if it supports elementary streams or not. I prefer an authoring software that can import elementary streams because I do not need the extra multiplexing step after PVAStrumento demuxing.
    Ronny
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by luap_bopper
    BTW I don't think DVD Movie Factory 2 (my only authoring package) can accept elementary streams. It just says import video.
    luap_bopper,

There is an option in DVD Movie Factory to "Replace Audio" - it's in the "Add/Edit Media Clip". I'm not at home so I can't check which Audio types it will allow you to add , but give it a try.

Add your Video clip first, then click the "Replace Audio" and add the Audio file. Click play to preview the Video & Audio together.

Good luck !

Moonstomp.

PS You can see the relevant MF2 Screen on this page:

http://www.ulead.com/learning/dmf/dmf2_01_3.htm
    Just because you're nobody, doesn't mean that you're no good. Just because there's a reason, doesn't mean it's understood. It doesn't make it all right ! (The Specials)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks very much guys.

DVDMF2 seems to "like" mpgegs multiplexed from Tmpegenc, so will probably try that for TV compilations. but will try the replace audio idea for a standalone movie cap.

Cheers

Luap
    Quote Quote