Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

http://www.supermediastore.com/ritek-4xdvdr-fs.html

I had a frind who is working for Ritek USA told me that this type of package on Ritek product is all "RMA" from officedepot! make sure to watch out what you are buying out there! Red package one with Ridata brande is only one good and so is those silver top or silver matt one!

AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I AM SAYING, PLEASE GO CHECK WITH YOUR NEAREST OFFICEDEPO TO SEE IF WHAT I AM SAYING IS REAL!

2. Man... that sucks... same thing when they recycle a carton of eggs at the grocery store.

What ever happened to "caveat emptor" (sp)

They should notify consumers that this is occuring....

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 500AX
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

http://www.supermediastore.com/ritek-4xdvdr-fs.html

I had a frind who is working for Ritek USA told me that this type of package on Ritek product is all "RMA" from officedepot! make sure to watch out what you are buying out there! Red package one with Ridata brande is only one good and so is those silver top or silver matt one!

AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I AM SAYING, PLEASE GO CHECK WITH YOUR NEAREST OFFICEDEPO TO SEE IF WHAT I AM SAYING IS REAL!
    Thanks for the info. I was actually considering buying those.

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Grr...I just got a spindle of these from Newegg and they're freezing late in the disc. Because of their policy I can only exchange for the same item. The rep said that if it happens with the replacement they can possibly work w/ me on exchanging for another item.

I sorta believe the story because the red wrapper costs more (now about $10 more per 50 pack) which certainly seems odd when they're the brand and speed.

5. Hey I got a spindle of those a little while ago from Newegg, haven't started burning them yet though, are they all bad or just some?

If so should I just send them back now, or do I have to burn a couple that don't work and then include the bad discs in the return package?

6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    many of you might not know, Ritek USA got over 2 million pcs of return from officedepo, which they fiqured that the only place they could dump them are through this on line stores. They would never say that it is RMA, but see the result of user Bix! watch out what you are buying, especially from these on line companies. Red package, silver top, or silver matt one will be only one you would want to buy. Nice package one, like this Ritdata one (it is for retail stores), but too bad they are RMA

Search Comp PM
    And thus more confirmation that RITEK has degraded to PRINCO in quality on many of their discs.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

8. What is RMA?

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jacob Grenoble
    What is RMA?
    Return Merchandise Authorization

10. This is bullsh*t, when I bought these it was a 1-day special and it only had the picture of the red ridata shrinkwrap, not the shit they sent me. I was assuming these were the same as the other two I purchased and never had a problem with.

Does anyone have experience with returns to newegg? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

11. I got some from Newegg (same spindle pictured). They burn fine in my A-106, but they gave me a little trouble on high speed dub in my Panasonic DMR E100 DVD recorder (still worked though if I "titled" the disc before attempting the HS dub). However, my discs had Ritek retail labelling on the top which was mostly matte, and a little of the shiny silver (clearly says "Ritek", not blank, and has lines to write-on). I decided not to order more because they are a little thinner than the blank top ones. The ad in the link says they are blank though, so perhaps there is more to the confusion? Maybe some are the "retail" version and some are the "RMA-ed" type?

12. Guess I'll be getting the Prodisc ones from now one. While people may love or hate them, at least they seem to be more consistent.

Why is DVD media such a PITA? The only issues I ever had with CDRs is if the tops flaked off or not, and that was easy to figure out - FUJI, Memorex, etc, despite the brand had good tops. Imation didn't. Plain and simple.

Now it's like the package can be different, the discs are different, and even the manufacturer is the same.

13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    check this out:
    The Red Plastic Wrap packages are sold out. Now we are offering Ritek Ridata G04 4X DVD-R in 50 Pack Cake Boxes. The discs are exactly the same as those in red plastic wrap.
    got it from the link given in the top here... I can't believe they can say that - that's just bloody out lying!!!
    With all due respect... and there is respect...

14. it must be a flat out lie especially because the few people that got these in this post say they have had some type of issues at the end of the disk or otherwise. Not to mention they are cheaper priced. Why would they be cheaper priced, doesn't make sense. I wonder if the same issue happened to me with the prodiscs I got as well as others through Rima. Something definitely happened because I got crap as well did some others while many people say prodiscs work great. This really is a pity. Can't tell what you are getting until you get it and burn it.

Search Comp PM
    I am assuming the ones on Amazon are also RMAs?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001YFX52/qid=1087240007/sr=8-1/ref=pd_...onics&n=507846

If you are indeed correct 500AX, then this has to be the most scumbagging thing I have heard of in terms of media sales (short of fake media codes). In my mind, an opened RMA spindle is USED. Those 45 or however many discs should not be repackaged and sold as new. Refurbished maybe but definetly not the straight-off-the-factory-floor impression that they give for these discs.

This story makes me want to just spend $200 for three 50 pack Maxell spindles from NewEgg and forget about buying media for a while. This whole business seems very dirty. Who knows, maybe those Maxells are gonna start being repackaged too. Who can you trust if such a respected vendor as SuperMediaStore is involved.

After this, I think I am going to put Ritek on my list of media I will never buy. At least GigaStorage is honest about their CRAP.

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    see below from Newegg today---i hope this is not the one y'all are having problems with.

APO,FedEx 2nd Day and Next Day Air shipping fee will vary
    FedEx Saver shipping is not available to HI, AK and PR
    Computer Hardware> CD/DVD R/RW Media > RITEK > N82E16817132341

RIDATA 4X DVD-R 4.7GB, Model DRD-474-RDCB50, OEM

Model# DRD-474-RDCB50
    Item # N82E16817132341

Specifications:
    Speed: 4X
    Capacity: 4.7GB
    Conformity: Recordable Disc Version 2.0
    Price: $30.00

In Stock: Yes
    Free FedEx Saver Shipping

Search Comp PM
    question - I just got two spindles of Ritek, 4X-R, purple wrapper. they aren't blank on top, they have Ritek logos & arrow design.

are these bunk as well? or is this a different disc? I've only burned 3 or 4, they seem to be working okay so far.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"

18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDDave-Those are the seemingly problematic ones.

I find it interesting that NewEgg keeps dropping the price on these so fast. I know that they're a cool store like that, but in this situation it makes me wonder.

19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it just SUCKS donkey shit that these media distributors keep changing what we buy. one week it is memorex RICHO, the next memorex CMC.....buyer should beware when they buy a used car---NOT GOD DAMN BLANK DVD-R's!!!!!!! now you can't just go ahead and buy blank ritek without wondering if it was RMA'd from office depot. what the hell is this world coming to?

20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    well, this is called the trick from manfacture! They think we are all stupid who could get fooled around day after day. Just want to wake you all up "fans of Ritek" or "fans of prodisc". If I were you, I would stick with one company who been good in term of price, service, and most important hornest!

21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    who the hell can we trust??? i grew up knowing--"Is it live?? Or is it Memorex??". i always thought memorex was a stand up company. but to start distributing RICHO, and then change to CMC--who the hell can you trust??

22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    well, work with one company who is not cheating over us, and who is not selling this type of product (RMA product)! if you want to know more about who is making for whom, let me know, I will share all information I know with you all.

23. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    like I had posted on top there, if you really want to buy Ritek media, buy

Silver top or Silver matted DVD-R because they are harder to be recycled, and the one with printing is always used to print over those silver top or silver matted one from RMA, then resell these products through companies like your favor stores:

www.meritline.com
    www.supermediastore.com
    www.newegg.com
    and more.....

why you think officedepo returned over 2 million pcs to ritek for, "BAD PRODUCT"

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DVDDave
    who the hell can we trust??? i grew up knowing--"Is it live?? Or is it Memorex??". i always thought memorex was a stand up company. but to start distributing RICHO, and then change to CMC--who the hell can you trust??
    This is a lot worse than anything Memorex did. First off, the CMC+R are not THAT terrible or at least they seem to be better than CMC's -R media so you can give Memorex a little credit there. More importantly, Memorex might have started branding poorer quality discs but they did not decieve anyone. Ritek and their vendors are doing something much worse IMO, they are selling used merchandise as new. Imagine buying a NEW stereo that you later find out was bought by someone before you, the box opened, used for a while, and they returned it later for a (valid) reason. I would consider it fraud regardless of how well the stereo worked. Also, Memorex is at least trying to make right with their program of sending replacement spindles.

ANYWAY,
    Before anything more is said and I get anymore pissed, are you SURE this is true 500AX??? Rumors do exist and I would think it a real shame if some kind of misinformation is being spread about a company or store. Can anybody else confirm what 500AX is saying? Can you maybe give some proof or something. No offense man, I believe you but I would like to be sure about something before I start bitching too much only to look foolish later.

25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    look, why don't you buy some from your "favor store" and gamble your time and money to see if what I am saying here is real or I am BS. By the way, we do have some victims already like "Bix" review stated very clear what had happened to him! And also for your information, I am from this industry so information is always solided like gold here ok. Bro, bitch all the way you want, they will not give a shit about you because you are just an individual here, you should think about how to gather up the gangs and team up to be a powerful force to take some action over them "favor stores"

26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With crap like this going down it will be a LONG LONG time before I thrown down the cash for blank Ritek's again (if ever...). I may not be directly effected by this but what they are doing is insanely wrong. Looks like once I finish these 100 G04's I have now, my next order of discs will be Taiyo Yuden's

Remember people...saying "Im disgusted" will only take you so far. Stick it to Ritek, and Office Depot. My shitlist is evergrowing lately. Ritek, Office Depot, CompUSA, Best Buy...man where the hell am I gunna buy stuff? On the plus side, it looks like I'll be saving a lot of money

27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    don't you all think it is funny here, your favor stores like

www.meritline.com www.supermediastore.com , and more were selling fake TDK and refused to do refund or exchange, and now they are selling "recycle Ritek" or "recycle prodisc" hmmmm who is the one has not screwed us YET? ........... By the way, www.newegg.com supposely is good reputation company, but why are they doing the way these "companies" do now? are they trustable again!

28. Just out of curiosity, when did Office Depot ever sell Ritek dvdr's under Ritek's own brand?

29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    newegg IS selling them, but as a different Part #. When I see 50 for $30, and then 50 for closer to $40...well, you get what you pay for. I don't think newegg has made a claim that the cheaper inferior discs are actually the same thing as the higher quality and more expensive G04's.

30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what is RMA??? remanufactured? rejected or what?
    thanks for teaching me
    Regards