VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Basically, it means returned. As in, these are returned discs being repackaged as new.

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    8)
    I bought some of these for the recent 69.00 sale they had. Upon arrival I immediately checked the media code and branding physically on the disks. They are RITEK G04 properly. I burned one of them and had NO problems with it. I still 99 more and will watching my output. I am not falling headfirst into believing they are CRAP just yet...
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Why is this hard to remember ?

3. Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    And thus more confirmation that RITEK has degraded to PRINCO in quality on many of their discs.
    Gah darn! You beat me too it lordsmurf! I was just about scream PRINCO all over again!

I was at a computer show a few weeks back, HOPING to find someone who had some "treasure" namely the "good stuff" like the usable G04's and BeAll -R's, but instead all I found were a bunch of INNACURATELY PRICED PRINCO'S! >< As I was explained what these guys had in the way of inkjet printable, I heard the word PRINCO more than I care to remember, now I'll probably be shuddering at Ritek as I was going to consider them soon!

RITEK G04's looked really good but I've invested in BeAll after a bit of a Princo mess, namely under the Optodisc name! I have NEVER had a bad BeAll and reccomended them to a buddy who's blowing through a 50 Pack copying his VHS Tapes to DVD ona Set-Top unit with his HDTV! He too has had no problems and I had a tough choice between Ritek and BeAll at Meritline! Glad I chose BeAll even if they are made in Korea, anybody know who stamps out their 1X-4X DVD-R with the White Top? If it's Taiyo Yudien (I know I spelt that wrong) than good! If not I'd like to know who so I can add them to my GOOD media list!

RITEK is sounding a lot like Princo to me but I missed some of the details to that dfiasco just that they had a gianrt blunder.

Ok let's go over the semi-obvious:

GOOD MEDIA:
    - BeAll Inkjet Printable DVD-R 1X-4X (If anybody knows who's stamping these suckers, let me know! I just bought a second Cakebox I like them so much!)

- Maxell DVD-R 1X-4X (These come in a Blue & White Box and while NOT Inkjet printable are almost as good as BeAll!) You can get them for about $20 at Walmart.com in a 10 Pack or close to $15 in a brick and mortar Wal*mart the guy I know who I reccommended BeAll too was using these before because he was getting them for about $14 with an employee Discount, they also come in Spindles, excellent quality if you're in a crunch!

- OptoDisc DVD-RAM, again these are AMAZING I think Memorex is using a Generic version of these now, I have yet to have a problem with either brand.

- Panasonic DVD-RAM circa 2002, I haven't bought any since then (more on that in a minute) but they seem good if anyone can confirm please do, at last check they were high quality.

- Memorex DVD-RAM circa Q3 2003, these are the ones that Resemble OptoDisc's design, again more on these in a minute.

IFFY MEDIA:
    - Memorex DVD-RAM circa Q3 2002-Q2 2003, I had a 1/3 FAILURE RATE with these, I'm 90% sure they were CMC or PRINCO but I bouth three art a time formatted them and one would without fail, FAIL TO FORMAT! Idf you're unlucky and find one of these my advice: Burn it, and not witha laser either! What makes it iffy instead of BAD then? When they worked they WERE amazing! This inccident caused me to decide that after I sue up my current Memorex Discs to switch to another brand of CARTRDIGE-TYPE DVD-RAM as I hear they're ALWAYS more Reliable than Non-cartirdge type Disc's. Since my Panasonic is Non-Cartridge type it's the oddball of what I have (Came w/DMR-HS2) but if Panasonic is still good, then I want to knwo so I can grab a stack of 9.4GB Dual SIDED (NOT LAYERED) DVD-RAM's for next year instead of these Memorex Disasters.

- Memorex 1X DVD-R, UGH! If they work, GREAT if not they ncoiaster out pretty quickly I would bet that some of it was CMC crap but I honestly don't know.

BAD MEDIA:

- ANYTHING Maxell before 2004, I had a 50% coaster ratio on CD-R's and out of the five DVD-R's I bought I had a couple of coasters as well the new stuff is fine espeically 1X-4X Data-Video discs, which redeem Maxell's idiocy from the previous few years.

- The aforementioned Ritek's.

- The PRINCO Disc's that are usually in DOA quality IIRC.

Also regarding CMC Magnetics Corp. Disc's, I had these AMAZING Generic "OPTIMUM" -- NOT OPTODISC, but OPTIMUM CD-R's from CMC -- the only FOUR COASTERS out of a 50-Pack were my fault and it was becuase my burner apparetly DIED right before I tried to burn the last four! Maybe they worked I don't knoww, my burner fried 'em. Next up was a package of HIGHLY RELIABLE Memorex CD-R's that I was using and they didn't burn, I took one to another PC and it burned fine, at which point I realized it was my burner. If anyone can find these suckers again I'd like to know where you got them and how much you paid!

TY is pretty good from what I hear, and so iks whoever Maxell is using, PRINCO should be avoided, I had a few minor problems and this when they were supposed to be good!

Finally isn't "False Advertising" illegal?! If these Disc's were RETURNED should all the sites selling them have to say so!? I mean I know awhile back EB and Gamestop were getting games back that had been PLAYED ONCE and were in essentially just unshrinkwrapped condition and they were taging them as "New" and rewrapping them which garnered a few reports or false advertising before they owned up and said they had been pre-purched but were only used once or not at all and would mark them used.

Likewise I see Ritek's gargantuan RMA as the way these games were returned, even if I sent it back, UNOPENED or NEW because I got the wrong item or the qwrong verstion etc.,ect the store should have to mark it as USED! If it wasn't played then it should be marked as "Pre-Owned, never used." Likewise if Ritek has these things up they should mark them as "Pre-owned, unopened." which usually means people will be careful!

If I know something is USED or was pre-owned but not used I feel comfortable about buying it! I worry about "Buyer beware" with Cars and COMPUTERS now! I guess it's time to add "Blank Media" to the list! Geez! next thing ya know they're going to be selling "New Used" tissues that were causing allergies or something! (At which point I'll use old shirts for blowing my nose.) I mean geez! I KNOW coasters are inevitable, but coasters like this are totallly prreventable!

This is like me saying that I have a NEW car to sell, but I'm neglecting to mention that it's only NEW to me because I just bought it! It could be a 10 year old pile of junk, but it's still "new" to me, which sounds like the type of argument these guys are using! If it was previously sold, its not NEW! I don't mind USED and UNOPNED, I mind USED when I don't know it is ad USED AND UNOPENED marked, as NEW!

This is a major stain on Ritek's previously-good work! If I was in there shoes I'd be ASHAMED of this mess! Maybed "Used and Unopened" would be a bettr term for these.

4. I don't know why you guys are making such a big deal over this. One poster(not saying he is lying) stated that he heard from a friend that works at Ritek etc etc. Don't you think you should gather some actual facts before making a page and a half posts regarding this? No, I'm not defending Ritek, but this is getting blown way out of proportion over a statement made by one poster.

BTW, back to my original question, have any of you personally seen, either at an office depot store or on an ad that shows Office Depot selling Ridata media?

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LanEvo7
    I don't know why you guys are making such a big deal over this. One poster(not saying he is lying) stated that he heard from a friend that works at Ritek etc etc. Don't you think you should gather some actual facts before making a page and a half posts regarding this? No, I'm not defending Ritek, but this is getting blown way out of proportion over a statement made by one poster.

BTW, back to my original question, have any of you personally seen, either at an office depot store or on an ad that shows Office Depot selling Ridata media?
    The more I think about it, the more I too cannot believe what he is saying.

That the Ridata's currently being sold in online stores are some of the "millions" returned to Office Depot as RMAs. Last time I checked, the vast majority of blank media sold at stores like COMPUSA, Best Buy, and Office Depot are branded. Now LanEvo7, I don't think Ofice Depot ever sold Ridata brand media but their generic media may have been RitekG04. Still, it would have been branded Office Depot, or Imation, or KHypermedia or something. I truly doubt blank matte tops, or shiny silver tops are, or ever were very popular at these stores. A good proof of what 500AX is saying is if one were to scratch the matte coloring off a DVD-R, he would see underneath the Office Depot brand. This I don't think is the case. There are "Fields and Streams" Riteks which are sort of B grade media which has been rebranded but those are identified clearly. And I don't think millions of Ritek DVDRs were RMA'ed at Office Depot anyway, that is way too many, especially blank silver or white tops.

2. Saying that so-and-so was not satisfied with their Ritek media is not proof that they were RMA'ed. Ritek could have made a bad batch or may have just gone down in quality. Like I said previously, there are plenty of media manufacturers who make shitty media that don't need some kind of conspiracy theory to prove it.

3. I am not sure of the legality of a company doing this. I doubt so many reputable companies would risk possible penalties and their good names for a few quick bucks. I may definetly be wrong about this though.

4. Someone should contact some of these online vendors and ask them straight if this is what they are doing. If they deny it, at least there is some kind of proof in writing of fraud.

So basically, I am not calling you a liar. If all of this is true, then you are a hero and the greatest whistle blower ever in the world of DVDR media. But I think you need to have some proof. Please answer my points in that case.

6. Now LanEvo7, I don't think Ofice Depot ever sold Ridata brand media but their generic media may have been RitekG04.
    Thats exactly my point. How can a product be RMA'd if it never made it to the shelf? This isn't "generic" media we are talking about. Ritek made and packaged this into spindles with their own brand intended for the retail market. Why would they waste time doing this if these were truly RMA? Wouldn't they just spread some orange goo over it and sell it as ritek landscape or the like?

Another thing is these discs aren't all distributed through some no name internet company. I mean Amazon is selling these. While this doesn't mean jack$hit about the quality of the discs, I doubt a big multimillion company like Amazon would try to save a few dollars by tricking the customer into buying used, refurbished, reconditioned, etc dvd-r media.

I'm not saying this is all a big hoax and lies, I just don't think conclusions should be made because one poster heard it from a friend.

7. Uuuuu uuuu uuuu, let's make some ryhmes.

If they're in red and white, they're alright.

If they're in a purple wrapper, flush them down the crapper.
    Blah, blah, blah

8. I asked earlier in this post it is "Return Merchandise Authorization"

9. nufan292 when I bought these dvd's newegg only had the picture of the red and whites(have used 2 spindles of, and haven't had a problem)

But now I look at the link and its a completely different product they swept under my carpet. Bastards, not sure I will ever go Ritek again

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I decided to order some of the Ritek 4x Orange tops from AllMediaOutlet yesterday since:

1.I've had good experience w/ the 1x orange tops in the past (and they were G03s, not G04s).
    2.The Ritek rep I talked to thinks the orange top discs aren't being made anymore which makes me think that the stock of those at AllMediaOutlet predates the current batch.
    3.AllMediaOutlet has a good return policy.

11. I have had shit loads of trouble with Ritek G04's (Ink Jet printable) and the Purple printed label ones.

I purchased from SVP in the UK.

I have on occasions had to send an order back 3 times (RMA) for replacements. (That is 3 times on 1 order) and i only ordered 2x25 spindles.
    Now as replacements been given Ridisc 8xDVD-R G05's and they are giving loads of read errors and failing on playback on my standalone.
    I am totally sick of Ritek and their wonder dye. For me they can shove it up their arse.
    Gonna try another brand.
    Any recommendations?
    And should i go DVD+R rather than DVD-R. I use a Plextor 708A btw.

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is another data point. Bought 2 spindles of Ritek G04s from newegg.com over the past few months. All burned at 4X with no coasters (and all disks checked out OK with DVDINFO).

Got another spindle of Ritek G04s (red wrapped) when the price dropped into the low $40s.

I have several DVD9->DVD5 images I have tried to burn to these new Riteks. All the burns finish OK, but DVDINFO (and Nero DVDSpeed) show unreadable sectors in the last 5% of the disc. I have burned almost 10 discs (using 2 different images) that have come out the same way.

No other DVD-Rs on hand to do a A vs B comparison, but I did order some TY DVDs today.

I was loving the Ritek G04s, but now I am not so sure on their Quality Control.....

13. fresh one, can you check the serial number code on the good set of RITEK disks you had vs. these. Just look at one or two of them. The Riteks should have a code that says anything from H-1 followed by a set of serial numbers to H-2, H-3, H-4, H-5, or J-4 or J-5 followed by a set of serial numbers. I'm just curious if the disks you are having problems with are anything from H-1 series to H-3. And the ones you had good success with were any of the others I mentioned. My guess is that is exactly the case.

14. Now I don't feel so bad that I paid too much for the red wrapper a few months ago and stocked way up. I guess I will have to stock up on Prodisc before the same thing happens.
    Still a few bugs in the system...

15. Okay, i'm a lil bit confused here. Which one is bad and which is good ritek again?

I've purchased these "so called grade B" from Shop4tech silver mate top Ritek twice (200). These have H5+a bunch of numbers after it in the center ring. They don't say ridata or whatsoever. Burned 100+ without any error at all on my Pioneer A05 (DVR105). Someone told me that these are Grade B and not genuine. But I had good result burning them. I also bought 100 Ritek shiny top from allmediaoutlet a while ago, before 200 of these silver mate top. Burned all of them without any error. I noticed few have minor barely seeable coasters.

If they're bad, what's bad about them so that I could learn to watch out in the future.

I never received any package came in red+white wraps, nor any that said ridata in the center ring. Then again, I never knew that there are grade A and Grade B Ritek till couple days ago, after I bought the 2nd 100 silver mate in bulk on shop4tech.

I think I'd give proDisc a chance next time, is there such thing as grade A and grade B ProDisc?

16. Hi folks,

after reviewing your complaints here, we called Ritek USA and talked to their sales manager. She told me that was totally a rumor. they never ever reprint any RMA discs and resold them. and they are going to have an official announcement regarding this issue. once I have it, I'll post it here. At supermediastore.com, we always offer risk free shopping experience to our customers. We have 60 day money back guarantee for all Ritek DVD media. If you are not satisfied with ritek dvd media you buy from us, you can return them to us for replacement or for refund within 60 days. and we also have other high quality dvd media such as Prodisc dvd media which are certified by Pioneer Corp. You can find our latest deals, promotions at our forum www.supermediaforum.com. You can also post your opinions, concerns, complaints there.

Thanks

17. I have an older pack of Red Wrap Ridata (unbranded H5) and the pack I'm burning right now is H1. No problems, as usual. Haven't had a bad Ritek in the over 1000 I've burned (Pio A06), however I always buy silver matte unbranded in red-wrapped 50-packs (no cakebox). Most have come from Rima, a few from Newegg.
    Seems like a lot of problems are coming from the cakeboxed Ritek branded discs (which are offered everywhere, and at a big discount over the red wrapped unbranded). A friend of mine who just bought a burner (Pio A07) to backup his collection ordered 300 of the cakebox Ritek branded and has been having 1 coaster in 5 burns, give or take. Haven't figured out if it's a software/hardware problem or what yet. May bum a cake of those discs off of him and try them myself. If I do, I'll post KProbe scans.

Best of Luck to all in finding a media they can live with,
    -Evan-

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SuperMedia
    Hi folks,

after reviewing your complaints here, we called Ritek USA and talked to their sales manager. She told me that was totally a rumor. they never ever reprint any RMA discs and resold them. and they are going to have an official announcement regarding this issue. once I have it, I'll post it here. At supermediastore.com, we always offer risk free shopping experience to our customers. We have 60 day money back guarantee for all Ritek DVD media. If you are not satisfied with ritek dvd media you buy from us, you can return them to us for replacement or for refund within 60 days. and we also have other high quality dvd media such as Prodisc dvd media which are certified by Pioneer Corp. You can find our latest deals, promotions at our forum www.supermediaforum.com. You can also post your opinions, concerns, complaints there.

Thanks
    Cool, thanks Roger. While I wouldn't put it past some people or vendors to sell used media, this whole story seemed a little bit too much like a "grand conspiracy".

I am curious then, does your store guarantee that the Ritek discs you sell (branded 4x for example) are straight from the factory or Ritek facility where they were packaged? Are all your discs 100% new never been touched by human hands until they reach my house? That is unless otherwise mentioned.

19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 888888
    While I wouldn't put it past some people or vendors to sell used media, this whole story seemed a little bit too much like a "grand conspiracy".
    Bingo. I wouldn't be surprised if the shady "deep discount" companies picked up a resale bin and lied about it when trying to sell it. I would be surprised if Ritek decided to screw their grand entrance to the USA with their RiData brand by reselling a bad megabatch. If you have bad media by Ritek, check the media ID and post to the media section. I've burned a few from the red and white G04 50pack with no problems. Previous batches have been fine. Stop rumormongering and use some common sense.

20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I too think this whole rumor is bogus for several reasons.

#1. Office Depot never sold Ritek/Ridata DVD-R media

#2. I have two of the 25 pack cakebox of Ridata G04 which I purchased in the last few weeks from Newegg. No trouble out of either spindle. One shipped from CA and the other from NJ.

#3. The sudden price drop at newegg could just have something to do with the fact that they now have 8x Ridata DVD-R and they have lowered the price of the 4x spindles because of moore's law. Dahhh.

And Finally,

#4 . Somebody who comes on here and says they have a friend who works at Ritek USA and he says such and such. I say hearsay.

Common sense from a newbie.
    Do some research before you buy anywhere, see where people buy there media from in the media database and see how well it works with a particular burner, and see what the sellers policy is. Don't burn above max rate for media or the burner. Keep your media clean and free of dust or residue before burning. Most importantly don't screw around running other apps will you are burning. I have burned almost 100 discs in the last month since getting my first DVD burner and have used RidataG04 (serials batch H5 from newegg in CA and J3 from Newegg NJ) JVC branded ProdiscS03, Fuji TY, and Maxell. Not a single coster. Most people with problems either are buying the real crap media or they have not followed some of the common sense rules I mentioned above.

If you are still doubting the current stock batches of Ridata G04, then you should switch to ProdiscS03.

Search Comp PM
    I find this thread interesting because as 4packsadvd mentioned OFFICE DEPOT has never carried RITEK DVD MEDIA. From what I recall reading on this forum site it was OFFICE MAX that carried RITEK dvd media but it was the red labeling spindle named RIDATA which is made by RITEK. I've never seen OFFICE DEPOT carry any RITEK DVD or CD MEDIA. That's all I've got to say on this thread.

__________________________________________________ ___________

on the slow PENT 933 pc again

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz
    I find this thread interesting because as 4packsadvd mentioned OFFICE DEPOT has never carried RITEK DVD MEDIA. From what I recall reading on this forum site it was OFFICE MAX that carried RITEK dvd media but it was the red labeling spindle named RIDATA which is made by RITEK. I've never seen OFFICE DEPOT carry any RITEK DVD or CD MEDIA. That's all I've got to say on this thread.

__________________________________________________ ___________

You should not dismiss the thread just because of that. For one thing, the poster may have made a mistake and posted Office Depot instead of Office Max. That is possible. And second, I doubt that Office Depot ever sold Ritek brand or Ridata brand media BUT, like I said previously they, may have sold some kind of generic or other branded Ritek discs under a brand like (but not) KHypermedia. Not that you are wrong about this being probably false, you can read my previous post for that though.

Search Comp PM
    That is possible. And second, I doubt that Office Depot ever sold Ritek brand or Ridata brand media BUT, like I said previously they, may have sold some kind of generic or other branded Ritek discs under a brand like (but not) KHypermedia.
    I'm a OFFICE DEPOT JUNKIE I work near one of them and go in there just about everyday to cruise around to check for computer components that are marked clearance sale or just to browse the store. This is just my opinion from what I've seen at this particular OFFICE DEPOT store. They have never had KHYPERMEDIA DVD MEDIA and have never had OFFICE DEPOT BRANDED DVD MEDIA either. The IMATION DVD MEDIA I've purchased from them have all been RICOH. They did have OFFICE DEPOT CD MEDIA.

I have seen at OFFICE MAX the KHYPERMEDIA DVD MEDIA & RED LABEL RIDATA DVD MEDIA. I read your posts. I only stated my opinion about this thread because of what I've seen at one of the local OFFICE DEPOT stores in my town. I never did imply or say I was dismissing it. I based my statement on what I've seen at this particular OFFICE DEPOT store. I never did imply the person who started this thread lied. I wanted others to know that OFFICE DEPOT didn't carry RITEK DVD MEDIA whether or not it was listed as another generic brand. From what I've seen at the OFFICE DEPOT here in my town it carries the following brands of DVD MEDIA: MAXELL DVDR-/+ 4x spd, MEMOREX DVDR/RW-/+ 4x spd, IMATION DVDR/RW-/+, & VERBATIM DVDR-/+. The lccal OFFICE MAX sells FUJI DVDR/RW-/+, 4x & 2x, & IMATION DVDR/RW-/+, KYHPERMEDIA DVDR-/+.

__________________________________________________ __________

24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    fist of all, supermediastore could defense all you want on it! say whatever you want to say on Ritek products because the more you sell, the more rebate you will get from Ritek(this is their June promotion). And it is why you want to sell them so low and push out for ritek, your company and meritline were known to clean up cheap product for vendors anyway, don't think we are all stupid here ok. By the way, Ritek would never take RMA back from these online companies because this is their last stop to dump!

Secondly, for those had problem disc on that type of package, please stand out and share your feedback on it!

Finally, I want to make myself clear here on the issue of RMA product because seems like many of you had misunderstanding of what is going on of what I had said. Ritek sold product to officedepot, but officedepot rejected the whole shipment due to quality issue and more... Ritek had worked very hard on package just to show them marketing streangh, but due to quality issue and more... the whole shipment got returned.

Supermediastore, Meritline, and more companies are Ritek USA's "recycle houses" which means whatever they don't want, Ritek will dump all to these companies and resell to individual like us here (why, because we are treated as white mouse for testing, and a mouse who will eat all kind of shity products and put up with it.) Ritek knows that these Chinese companies (supermediastore, meritline, and more) could be end up not buying from them once shit hits the fan, so Ritek move on to many other "American online companies like amazon.com" to start their trick over and over and over. Ladies and Gentelman, Brother and Sister, think about it why Supermediastore, Meriltine, and more companies (Chinese companies could sell so cheap on Ritek products or Prodisc products, when all these amercian companies have to sell them expensive?)

and whenever you called one of these companies, they will always tell you like "that xxx company is selling junk product don't buy from them because our Ritek or whatever brand is real one and better then theirs". Then what do you do? like I had suggested you all, look for one company even though is meriltine or supermediastore or Mexican, Chinese, White company, as long one is honest to you and never mess around with your money, then stick with it. The one lies to you, "dump them" life is too short for this type of BS. I used to work for one of on line companies so I know how this shit runs, and I do still get information here and there about this industry ok!

Note: I am not saying Ritek sucks, all I am saying is to buy what you buy always, such as silver top one, silver matt one, Ritdata (red package one)

wish you all "good Luck"

25. I think how to choose a reliable supplier is very important.
    “60 day money back guarantee” from supermediastore.com’s
    Return policy sounds very good to me.
    My point of view is a good store that stands behind its product
    should be encouraged instead of to be blamed.

26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think 500AX is full of SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at his profile, he even says he enjoys crack. 500AX---stop the lies and STFU

27. Originally Posted by bluejazz
    I think how to choose a reliable supplier is very important.
    “60 day money back guarantee” from supermediastore.com’s
    Return policy sounds very good to me.
    My point of view is a good store that stands behind its product
    should be encouraged instead of to be blamed.
    ABSOLUTELY!!! The marketplace will weed out the bad apples.
    Still a few bugs in the system...

28. It looks like we will need to goto Ritek Ridata G05 8X DVD-R (Silver Matte) to get the standard of excellence we have come to expect from RITEK. These DVD's are in the "RED WRAPPER".

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-8x-dvd-r-dvdr-silver-blank-media-discs1.html

29. I'm one who bought both Ritek Branded one and also Silver Shiny Top (no brand and not red-white wrap which said to be Grade B Ritek).

From my experiences The Silver Shiny Top is suck big time. It was really hard to be recognized in my Lite On 411 @811S and after a complete burnt it can't be read in my PS2. Though, it can be burnt and read if I use Pio A06.

The purple wrap which I got from Amazon recently (with D2-xxxx serial), on the other hand, have no probelm whatsoever. I can burn either with Lite On or Pioneer and can play fine in my Play Station 2.

IMHO, why would Ritek bother to reprint on Disc Surface in order to resale them that cheap? From my understanding reading your post, you said that the BLANK MATTED or BLANK SILVER is "grade A" then after Ritek got these from RMA, they clean out the old surface and reprint (reglue) with new BRANDED on top??????

If I were the owner of business I wouldn't put my brand name on Lower grade product and sell higher grade with unbranded.

30. Originally Posted by ya_jai
    I'm one who bought both Ritek Branded one and also Silver Shiny Top (no brand and not red-white wrap which said to be Grade B Ritek).

From my experiences The Silver Shiny Top is suck big time. It was really hard to be recognized in my Lite On 411 @811S and after a complete burnt it can't be read in my PS2. Though, it can be burnt and read if I use Pio A06.
    Are you saying this is the type of Ritek you purchased and had the problems with?

Genuine Ritek Ridata G04 Super Grade 4X DVD-R 4.7GB (Ridata Branded)

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-ridata-g04-4x-dvd-r-blank-media-disc-matte-branded.html