VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an xvid avi file that according to Gspot has ac3 at 192kb/s (96/ch stereo). If I demux the audio with VirtualDub, convert the video with TMPGEnc to mpeg2 and then import both the audio and video into TMPG DVD Author, will this result in a dvd with stero, surround or 5.1 sound? Or is it just as easy to convert the whole file with TMPGEnc directly?

Kal
    Kal
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by younso
    I have an xvid avi file that according to Gspot has ac3 at 192kb/s (96/ch stereo). If I demux the audio with VirtualDub, convert the video with TMPGEnc to mpeg2 and then import both the audio and video into TMPG DVD Author, will this result in a dvd with stero, surround or 5.1 sound? Or is it just as easy to convert the whole file with TMPGEnc directly?

Kal
    if you don't change the ac3 stereo it will be ac3 stereo and you don't if you just demultiplex it with virtualdub(you may have to fix the ac3 with ac3fixgui).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    if you don't change the ac3 stereo it will be ac3 stereo and you don't if you just demultiplex it with virtualdub(you may have to fix the ac3 with ac3fixgui).
    Do not quite follow. What should I do first?

kal
    Kal
    Quote Quote