VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Ok requested clip of cartoon capture uploaded as cartoon.mpg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It possable it could be compression artifacts or miorr bug in firmware one capturing filter that need turn off after review his cartoon I can clear see mosquito artifact in playback under but WinDVD and on my Xcard on the TVset and after going though this clip under MPEG2VCR it show the same mosquito artifact.
    The best things is get hold AVerMedia somebody that in a Software or Engineering Department.
    Point them to this page.
    Dose this card come with own capturuing tools or is just only Ulead Product that all you can use for now?.

Here screenshot of artifact you should be seeing Tperez2
    http://www.dvp.co.il/filter/jpeg_mosquito.html
    You want go thur main list
    http://www.dvp.co.il/filter/filter_list_frame.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes thats it exactly thanks for the help. though i have a feeling ill either have to wait for aver to fix this on their own or just chalk it up to a bad purchase and buy a new card. does anyone care to recomend a card i need one that has a composite input in order to capture tapes from my vcr which only has composite outputs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tperez2
    Yes thats it exactly thanks for the help. though i have a feeling ill either have to wait for aver to fix this on their own or just chalk it up to a bad purchase and buy a new card. does anyone care to recomend a card i need one that has a composite input in order to capture tapes from my vcr which only has composite outputs.
    ATI All In Wonder cards
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. I really dont have any use for a capture card with a tuner since i have digital cable are there any good cards that dont include a tuner??

Can someone recomend a certain model of AIW card?? or are all of the AIW cards based on the same chip set??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I really dont have any use for a capture card with a tuner since i have digital cable are there any good cards that dont include a tuner??

Can someone recomend a certain model of AIW card?? or are all of the AIW cards based on the same chip set??
    The older cards use the Theatre Rage chip, and the newer ones use the Theatre 200 chips. Both are the same in quality. You may want to look at some of the new cards being offered by ATI. Also give Hauppauge a look.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The WinTV-PVR 250 well do you went to do.
    I wouldn't chalk it up as a bad purchase becuase it look like it be pettey dran good card
    Belive or not there is card that using the very same NEC PD61xxx Hardware Encoder but it cost like 4x more it was from Canopus but newer capture card like the MTVX2004 have been switch over to Philips SAA6752HS and I was surpize that keep NEC Ghost Reducer, 3DYC Separator / Video Decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Are the AIW cards hardware or software based?? Also my main use will be to capturing my favorite tv shows and movies for burning to dvd can someone recomend a card that will be best for what i have in mind. I wish i would have found this site when i first got the card I would have returned it and purchased something else.
    Quote Quote  
  9. How does the WinTV-PVR 250 Compare to the AIW cards?? is there any reason i should choose one over the other??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are the AIW cards hardware or software based?? Also my main use will be to capturing my favorite tv shows and movies for burning to dvd can someone recomend a card that will be best for what i have in mind. I wish i would have found this site when i first got the card I would have returned it and purchased something else.
    Both. It's hardware assisted and uses proprietary software that finished the job. As long as you have a P4 or AMD+, you'll be fine. Even many people seem to have good luck on a P3 (but I never suggest it). If you have one of those older systems, you'll usually need full hardware (not because of quality, simply because of resources).
    Quote Quote  
  11. My system is home built with p4 3 gig 800 fsb and 1 gig of 222 latency mushkin ram on a asus p4p800 deluxe motherboard with a radeon 9000 pro 128 having that information can anyone make a better recomendation?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AIW cards software based with some hardware assisted.
    PVR 250 Hardware MPEG2 Encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok last question which card give the best quality captures??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If want see some clip I have clip there on shspvr.com under my Review check under WinTV-PVR 250 under the Testing link
    But if like new clips I be more then happy upload you a new clip recorder today.
    I have no ATI AIW clip but lordsmurf may have some on his web site.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS
    If want see some clip I have clip there on shspvr.com under my Review check under WinTV-PVR 250 under the Testing link
    But if like new clips I be more then happy upload you a new clip recorder today.
    I have no ATI AIW clip but lordsmurf may have some on his web site.
    I only put up clips when requested, and as time/bandwidth allows. So far, I have one quickie sample on my homepage of digitalFAQ.com .. if you want to see something else, let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  16. After seeing the clips on shs website I think i have been expecting too much from capture cards. The clip didnt seem too much different from the quality ive been seeing from my captures minus the artifacts for some reason i tought i would be able to get the same quality in the capture as i see in the window while im capturing the video but i guess thats not possible. is there any way to filter out the artifacts that are present in my captures. i really dont want to spend anymore money right now.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Given the specs of my system would it be possible to get a better image by capturing as avi and using tmpgenc to convert to mpeg 2??
    Quote Quote  
  18. Ok after looking at both the AIW AND PVR cards I think im going to go with a 9700 or 9800 based AIW card for the main reason that i can replace both the aver capture card and the radeon 9000 card which i have in my machine. if anyone has had a bad experience with these cards please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just word of WARNING about ATI AIW card don't be a bit supize if you can't copy some of your VHS tape due to ATI onboard macrovision.
    Quote Quote  
  20. The only tapes i plan to capture are home recordings of weddings the like but thanks for the info
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SHS
    Just word of WARNING about ATI AIW card don't be a bit supize if you can't copy some of your VHS tape due to ATI onboard macrovision.
    This can be alleviated by the MV hacks on my site, or outright eliminated with good video equipment (TBC or VCR with TBC).

Almost any card out there will give you trouble trying to copy copy-protected or otherwise damaged video tapes (where the damage is similar to the MV errors).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Given the specs of my system would it be possible to get a better image by capturing as avi and using tmpgenc to convert to mpeg 2??
    In my opinion the way to get the BEST quality is to capture AVI and then encode to MPEG because you can use video filters to help clean up the image.

That is the method of capturing that I do however conversion to MPEG can take a long time (though you have a fast computer but still you are looking at less than realtime conversion especially with filters).

Anyways maybe you would be better off with an ATI AIW because they are capable of capturing AVI as well as direct-to-MPEG and also have some filters (videosoap they call it) that can do some good. Your computer is without question fast enough for an ATI AIW doing MPEG capture.

So go with the ATI as you have the best of both worlds.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  23. I have uploaded a file which was an avi file that i converted with tmpgenc
    to shs incoming folder. I used a version of ulead vs7 that was bundled with my dvd burner and plugged the audio channels of my cable box into the line in on my sound card and captured an uncompressed avi clip that was 30 seconds long and converted it to mpeg2. Shs Please let me know what you think about this clip.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have uploaded a file which was an avi file that i converted with tmpgenc
    to shs incoming folder. I used a version of ulead vs7 that was bundled with my dvd burner and plugged the audio channels of my cable box into the line in on my sound card and captured an uncompressed avi clip that was 30 seconds long and converted it to mpeg2. Shs Please let me know what you think about this clip.
    I'd like to download this myself for a look see if SHS could post a download link

BTW how did you capture to AVI format? I thought the Aver card you have can only do MPEG or can it also do AVI?

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  25. Well virutal dub would capture video from this card but wont give me video unless i plug the audio into my sound cards line in instead of into the audio jacks on the capture card

I also have a copy of ulead vs 7se that wasnt modfied to only capture mpeg if i select avi and plug the audio into the line in i can capture avi with audio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FulciLives that card has a Conexant CX23880 so yes it very possable capture RAW AVI with.
    Yes I move that clip to same place ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/moive_clip/tperez_clip
    It look ok but 29sec in to clip it didn't encode one frame rigth.
    Check you AVI files see that block error there to
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tperez2 can rip drivers from CD so that I look that them
    Maybe there be registry that can be disable or changes to help make the MPEG capture video look better it just an idea.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Drives hhave been uploaded to incoming folder
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow. Even the unglitched part of that image looks like trash. I never get that.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Hmm maybe i should just forget the whole idea. Im afraid to have the same problems with other cards
    Quote Quote