VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just received this from my brother and now i want to transfer the video from the camcorder to my pc. this is my first time doing this so i want to make sure i am doing it right. i am planning to buy this firewire card.

http://www.techsunny.com/.sc/ms/dd/1086762411036325/9/nc/ee/569/4%20Ports%20IEEE%201394%20Card%20Firewire%20PCI%20 CARD%20W^2FSoftware%20%26%20Cable

which software do you guys recommend? there is so much out there such as studio 9, moviemaker 2, ulead, and Adobe Premiere
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That card should work OK, kinda on the cheap side, but an expensive card is not needed. Next time you visit please fill out your computer profile, because no one has a clue what operating system you are using and it makes it difficult to give advice. However, assuming Win XP, you don't need drivers, just plug it in. For Firewire transfers, you can start with the freeware WinDV or DVIO or even Win MovieMaker, though I don't recommend WMM for quality. Once you get the DV in the computer, then you have to do some studying of the guides to the left.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks
    Computer Spec:
    winxp pro, 2.4ghz, 768mb ram, 100gb
    Quote Quote