+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Here's also a quote from RecordNow DX help file:

To open the Data Disc panel:

1. From the Tools menu, click Options.
    2. Select Data Disc from the panel list on the left.
    The Data Disc panel appears.

Select from the following options:

[edited out other options]

Recognize the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders per the DVD specification — Allows RecordNow to recognize DVD video content and creates a video DVD instead of a data DVD.
    Click OK.

This option is no longer available in the later versions of RecordNow because VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS are recognized per the DVD specification automatically.

Also, in RecordNow 7.3 there's an optional automatic recognition of the type of job (mode) if you drop the files or folders onto the Bit Budget (the graphic representation of a disc on the left side of the RecordNow console). If you drag VIDEO_TS folder onto Bit Budget, it automatically opens a new Data Mode job.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello,

Did someone try the Clone DVD option in the DVD FAb Platinum tool, I did copy a DL DVD Disc with some success, my Samsung DVD player did the layer transition flawless but showed some pixelation in chapters of the second layer, I'm pointing that to the bad quality of the discs I used (Memorex 2.4).
    I'm using a LG burner (H10).

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  3. Good grief Edmund, this thread had fallen to Page 3!!!

Noting that I'm being offered an upgrade to Roxio RecordNow 9 (from current Sonic RecordNow! 7.3 in my case) and wondering if anyone here knows anything good about it, particularly wrt burning DVDs?

I've used RN7.3 exclusively to this point (after, what, two years now?) with good luck, but worried about falling too far behind. The update to me is $35 US.

Still annoyed that getting the PX Engine updates requires requesting it from Tech Support, and their convoluted website...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MaxBlack
    Good grief Edmund, this thread had fallen to Page 3!!!
    Yeah, I know! I haven't been posting on this site for a while. Mostly reading some stuff here once every few days.

Noting that I'm being offered an upgrade to Roxio RecordNow 9 (from current Sonic RecordNow! 7.3 in my case) and wondering if anyone here knows anything good about it, particularly wrt burning DVDs?
    I don't really know, though Roxio RecordNow 8 was still very good at burning all kinds of DVD's (still using Sonic's engine). The only thing that I didn't like too much was the new large interface. So I'm still sticking with RN 7.3.

I've used RN7.3 exclusively to this point (after, what, two years now?) with good luck, but worried about falling too far behind. The update to me is $35 US.

Still annoyed that getting the PX Engine updates requires requesting it from Tech Support, and their convoluted website...
    I'll tell you the easiest way to get the new PX engine for free. Go to www.winamp.com and download the latest version of Winamp player. The latest version is important, because now they include the CD-Text reading capability and rely on Sonic's engine to do that. So, once you install the latest Winamp, your PX engine will get an automatic upgrade (I noticed quite a big jump in version from the one I had). Take a screenshot of your RN 7.3 before and after the Winamp update. There should be a newer, higher number listed. I tested the new engine and it's running as smooth as the older one did, so it seems to be a safe upgrade. And so if you decide to buy a new DVD burner, with this Winamp PX update you should be running everything on all cylinders.

Cheers!

P.S.: I'll probably be using RN 7.3 for as long as I'm burning DVD5's and DVD9's. And once the time comes for either HD DVD or Blu-Ray burning, I'm sure that Sonic will have some sort of a highly compatible burning software for that. They're already in the Hi-Def authoring business, so I'm sure sooner or later they'll have a decent consumer burning application. By the way, I was able to create my first short HD DVD test compilation on DVD-RW disc. I trasfered the HDV (M2T) files from my Sony HVR-Z1U Hi-Def videocamera to Ulead Movie Factory 5 and from there authored a simple HD DVD onto DVD-RW. I was so amazed to see it work on current Toshiba HD DVD players in glorious 1080i resolution! Not bad for a start. Now, if there's ever a DVDMaestro equivalent for blue laser discs, I would be all set for creative Hi-Def authoring. Hopefully it won't take that long to wait.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Edmund Blackadder
    The only thing that I didn't like too much was the new large interface. So I'm still sticking with RN 7.3.
    You said a mouthfull...I surfed the Roxio products/upgrades/matrices for any hint of something that looked like RN7.3 and, well, I couldn't find anything to give me warm fuzzies that an upgrade gets you anything in the way of DVD burning enhancements. Maybe the product is OK, but the marketing of it surely sucks-big-time.

I'll tell you the easiest way to get the new PX engine for free.
    Edmund if this works, well, I'll owe you another case of beer! I used Sonic's system last week to make an Engine update request and haven't heard boo from them. I'm gonna give your method a try. Heck, IIRC I even own WinAmp pro, tho obviously I don't use it much anymore. Many thanks!

Your comment about HD are inneresting too. I am about to pop for an HD-XA2 methinks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Edmund Blackadder
    I'll tell you the easiest way to get the new PX engine for free. Go to www.winamp.com and download the latest version of Winamp player.
    Brilliant; I upgraded my Winamp Pro to 5.32, made sure to include the burning option on the install ( I never install just *everything* these proggies suggest!) and there is pxengine 302-something in RN7.3.

Note that to Sonic/Roxio's credit, they *did* in fact finally respond to my Tech Request, pointing me to a slightly older version 300-something. But my pxengine is newer by virtue of Winamp.

Great tip EB thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear All,
    firstly goodmornig to everybody. I read all this post and it's really so interesting! Even though I have not been able to rip a DVD+R DL!! I tried to burn a DVD+R DL using the technique suggested by EB, and let me join all who thank him for his great work and explanation.
    Briefly I ripped a DVD getting the VIDEO_TS and burned it with RN 7.3. The problem is that the burn process does not get the end because of an error message related to the disk. What I mean is that RN 7.3 tells that the burn process does not finalized the disk because it is damaged. I tried with Nero 7 too without getting the target. I used DVD+R DL by MIRROR and EMTEC, and even VERBATIN. I wasted a dozen of DVDs getting the conclusion that my burner has some problems in burning DVD+R DL. I own a burner NEC ND-3530A with firmware 1.04C. Next days I will try firmware v3.01 (even if v1.04C is more recent).
    Is there somebody who can give me a suggestion?
    Thanks to everybody!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I too had problems burning a +DL with RN 7.3 and the VSO product. Got many coasters using Verbatim.

I have ZERO problems with pgcedit in combination with IMGburn. Check on previous pages of this thread. I believe pages 12 and 13 should do the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having problems after coping then burning to about 50% then get a message there might be a problem with the media? At 2 bucks a disc you don't want to make to many mistakes. I'm using anydvd and clonedvd2 I have no problems at all with dvd5's . I just got some dbl layer verbatim discs the first one worked fine then the last 3 times I kept getting the error message? I even tryed coping a different disc just to see if it was the master discs problem. I got the same results Can anyone help me with my problem? gobucks1960@yahoo.com thank you for any and all help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BUCKEYE4EVER
    I'm having problems after coping then burning to about 50% then get a message there might be a problem with the media? At 2 bucks a disc you don't want to make to many mistakes. I'm using anydvd and clonedvd2 I have no problems at all with dvd5's . I just got some dbl layer verbatim discs the first one worked fine then the last 3 times I kept getting the error message? I even tryed coping a different disc just to see if it was the master discs problem. I got the same results Can anyone help me with my problem? gobucks1960@yahoo.com thank you for any and all help.
    I found my problem. When using clone dvd2 there is a selection of dvd 5 or a drop down box. In the drop down box I used the custom setting and set it at 8500 mb it doesn't work . To do this use the setting right directly below dvd5 it is dvd+r dl. I'm a newbie to DVD9 if anyone else has this problem I hope I saved you some bucks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry guys it worked for 1 disc and the same problem . I'm using a Matashita uj 850s ata burner in a sony laptop. But like I said in the previous post it works great with dvd 5's . I wonder if I just got a bad batch of discs. Please help if you can thanks TIM
    Quote Quote