VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Captain Satellite
    You don't need any tools, I've already tried it. What's faster than typing three letters? Like I said, that must not have been the original intent of this thread. I say 'copy' so that you don't tamper with the original. I'm not telling, Alan, I'm asking. As far as I can see there is no need for a tool for what I want to do. Change the file extension then load that into my editing program. I'm not disagreeing with you, I believe we're talking about two different goals here.

It all depends on how complex the VOB is and how accomodating your MPEG editor is. Some editors will barf, some will silently convert it. The advantage of converting it yourself is that you can then use almost any editor. And more complex features like subtitles and alternate audio tracks. And as I said, VOBS are (normally) split into 1 GB chunks. Your way requires you to paste them together if they've been split.

If you don't have any problems your way, fine.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    why do that when you can just get a mediagate and it will support .VOB jusy go to mediagate.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can DVD Decrypter be used to demux the file sif I have the VOB files already on my HDD? When I go to IFO mode it only lets me pick from a DVD Drive, doesn't let me browse to a folder...
    Quote Quote  
  4. it is posting of yesteryears . is there anything new in this field? or stillwehave to depend on these softwares and methods. kidnly enlighten.have a nice day
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's nice to know, after all this time, there's still a first rate place for beginners like me to keep referring back to.
    Thanks.
    Rob
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Will Hay wrote:

It's nice to know, after all this time, there's still a first rate place for beginners like me to keep referring back to.
    Thanks.
    Rob

Yeah, Baldrick is the guide man!

-vhelp 5279

:P *~*!*~*!~* HaPpY HoLiDaYs *~*!*~*!~*
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This post helped me preserve many hours of family footage where I only had the final dvd and, due to an external hdd fail, lost all the original mpegs.

I now have backups of original dvd's as well as original mpegs.

Somethings are too important to risk losing.

Again; thanks.

Rob
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
    Can DVD Decrypter be used to demux the file sif I have the VOB files already on my HDD? When I go to IFO mode it only lets me pick from a DVD Drive, doesn't let me browse to a folder...
    I KNOW TIS IS AN OLD THREAD BUT I have the same question. Just read thru this whole thread looking for a way to change the VOB files on my HDD to an mpg file that I can use in an authorizing edit program. VOB2mpg does not work on my puter. I am now trying DVD decrypter but like he said above, it only seems to work from DVD drive.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DGindex can extract the m2v file, and audio if required.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Problem solved. downloaded videoredo. Easily imported the VOB files. It combined them with the audio. I selected the first frame as my in and the last frame for my out. Added Selection and then save as mpg. Walaaa!

From what I can tell so far is I can either import the VOB files or the new mpg and select clips to add to a project. Still working on understanding their terminology. That's the hard part.

Now I at least have mpg files if I need to import into another edit program to make a movie.

Now I just need to choose and edit program for authorizing. (making movie). I can use videoredo to put clips together and save (Still working on how to do that). Reading all their help logs but do not understand some of the lingo. Wish they had video tutorials. Then I can import into another program as mpg for titles transitions etc..
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gshelley61 View Post
    TMPGEnc DVD Author is an excellent authoring program. However, it cannot frame accurately edit MPEG2 video files (.MPG, .VOB, .VRO)... Womble MPEG-VCR and MPEG Video Wizard can.

DVD Author can only perform I frame cutting and joining, and there's freeware that does that, too - Chopper XP, Cuttermaran, and MPEG2Schnitt to name a few.
    The current version of TMPGenc DVD Author has a smart-rendering engine.

TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer has more functionality and excellent smart-rendering. But I get the idea that the O.P. doesn't understand the difference between encoding, authoring, and "editing". Maybe I'm misreading his posts.

Originally Posted by jimmalenko View Post
    OK ... I'd say that TMPGEnc isn't outputting AC3 since you need the optional AC3 plugin to decode/encode AC3 with it.
    Not true, unless you're talking about a 10-year-old MPEG product. TMPGenc MPEG editors have had AC3 audio for years, no plugin required.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 07:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko View Post
    OK ... I'd say that TMPGEnc isn't outputting AC3 since you need the optional AC3 plugin to decode/encode AC3 with it.
    Not true, unless you're talking about a 10-year-old MPEG product. TMPGenc MPEG editors have had AC3 audio for years, no plugin required.

Originally Posted by p_l View Post
    Does your source file have AC-3 audio? Do you have the AC-3 plugin for TMPGEnc DVD Author?
    The TMPGenc has AC3 audio and accepts PCM wav. I have no idea what the hell you people are doing.
    Right back at ya.

You do realize you're quoting us from 2005?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Do you realize people have been reading this guide since it was first posted, which likely was before you were born.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The point is we were talking about a program which is now almost ten years old.

“Let go of the past and go for the future.”
    ― Henry David Thoreau
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What makes you think people aren't still using it? There are still DVD's around, aren't there? Well, no, likely you never saw a DVD. This update isn't for you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think we understand now. You dug this old relic up and are trying to convince everyone you can make it sing again. Get out of my office.

Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Others still refer to this thread. Some of the software has changed (you've been here for a while, so you should know it by now). The principals concerning VOB/MPEG/DVD are still the same.

Maybe you just like braveheart and davexnet, but you don't like me. That's too bad. I didn't revive this thread. Go back to post #68, if your attention span can hold out that long.
    Quote Quote