VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Am going out today to buy R200 or 300 and was wondering if anyone could recommend a source for buying refillable cartridges and quality ink for this printer? Would really appreciate any advice anyone would be kind enough to give on this subject. Thank you.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have this printer, but Google has quite a list of 'Epson R300 refills'. Maybe someone here can give you some preferences.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am currently on my second set from inkgrabber.com and they work great. I cannot tell the difference between them and the original when comparing photos. the whole set plus an extra black cart. was $30 plus shipping
    Rick
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ClayBuster
    I am currently on my second set from inkgrabber.com and they work great. I cannot tell the difference between them and the original when comparing photos. the whole set plus an extra black cart

You may want to have a look at a cis system for your r200, the kit from www.ozmods.com comes with 6 x 50ml of compatible ink, and I cant tell the difference between that and epsons, exept that this is one quarter the price A$ 60 for 6 inks of 50ml.. was $30 plus shipping
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by golfnut
    Am going out today to buy R200 or 300 and was wondering if anyone could recommend a source for buying refillable cartridges and quality ink for this printer? Would really appreciate any advice anyone would be kind enough to give on this subject. Thank you.

You may want to have a look at a cis system for your r200, the kit from www.ozmods.com comes with 6 x 50ml of compatible ink, and I cant tell the difference between that and epsons, exept that this is one quarter the price A$ 60 for 6 inks of 50ml.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ClayBuster
    I am currently on my second set from inkgrabber.com and they work great. I cannot tell the difference between them and the original when comparing photos. the whole set plus an extra black cart. was $30 plus shipping
    ditto
    my t.v. is wide and so am I.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    go to www.megatoners.com they sell the cartidges( I know, you said refills)
    for $3.79 each w/free shipping if you spend over $50.00. It's cheap enough
    so why bother with refilling. I have been using their inks for a few years now with no problems whatsoever!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks guys for the inkgrabber link. I've been looking for a good price and they seem to have the best. Are any special mods nneded for the cartridges or are they "plug 'n play"?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Plug them in and print.
    Rick
    Quote Quote  
  10. Anybody had any clogging problems with the inkgrabber.com tanks?

That's a lot better price than what I paid for carrotink.com cartridges...
    Quote Quote  
  11. So far so good. About 3/4 of the way through the fourth set and no signs of any problems.
    Rick
    Quote Quote  
  12. anyone have problems with the printer finding the after market carts as non OEMs and does the full cleaning cycle each time you print a page?
    (see golfnut and his posts)
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Consumer Reports has a story this year, probably the may or april one about these carts & who to buy from & who makes the best ones.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    Consumer Reports has a story this year, probably the may or april one about these carts & who to buy from & who makes the best ones.
    Consumer reports is also a little bit full of $hit in that article. So don't believe everything you read there.

Oh great, another one of these idiots:

Time to put this back up
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by indolikaa
    Anybody had any clogging problems with the inkgrabber.com tanks?

Yes, but I don't know for sure if it is these inks from inkgrabber.com that cause the clog. I used ~ 4 plus sets of the epson OEM but never experience head clog until I used the inks from inkgrabber and I am now on my third set.

With the inks from inkgrabber I have to frequently do nozzles check and head clean to make sure they are not clogged. I am buying inks from megatoners.com to try out and will report my findings.

Anybody else experience head clog using these inks?

That's a lot better price than what I paid for carrotink.com cartridges...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jetfan
    go to www.megatoners.com they sell the cartidges( I know, you said refills)
    for $3.79 each w/free shipping if you spend over $50.00. It's cheap enough
    so why bother with refilling. I have been using their inks for a few years now with no problems whatsoever!
    I just ordered 3 of every color. NICE prices. Will I need a reset chip?

thanks for the heads up. Will post back my findings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just ordered 3 of every color. NICE prices. Will I need a reset chip?

No, just put them in and print away. I do reccomend that after they're
    installed, run a head cleaning once to guarantee good prints. This is not
    a necessary step, I didn't always do this, but had lines once, and by
    cleaning before my first print, I never had this problem again. It could be
    because I run my printer until it stops printing, not when the ink monitor
    tells me to. I get another 10 - 15 pages this way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, one last thing, when you use these for the first time, the print
    manager will pop up telling you that you are not using a genuine
    Epson cartridge and ask if you want to continue, just click yes and
    that will go away. This will occur before your first print every time you
    change a cartridge, this is because Epson only wants you to use their
    inks, but don't give it a second thought.

Also, check back from time to time as they are always lowering their
    prices - for my first printer, an Epson 600, prices started at $6.00 or
    so, and now they are under a dollar!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with this or any site, just trying to
    make people aware of terrific prices on ink!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok then.. thanks for the info. I will let you guys know how it goes. I just got this epson r200 and man it is sweet. I do serious volume printing and need the best prices. I am pretty loyal to sites for good prices and good service.
    Shop4tech - Have ordered 400 Riteks. 200 DVD Cases. 100 CD Jewel cases. I just started ordering, I am happy with them and will continue to buy from them.
    cdr411 - Have bought over 600 DVD cases, but they raised their prices and killed the free shipping, their service has also declined, lots of broken cases lately. I dfo not want replacements, I need my stuff right the first time, , I just need a good product, good service, fast shipping, 5 days tops. And if this can be satisfied, then I have plenty of money to spend.
    Also ordered the Ridata from meritline. 100 pack. 70 DVD made, NO coasters yet.. that is excellent. But then again I have not checked them all.

I was gonna go for the continuous flow system but I feel 4 bux a cart.. whats the need? lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by madvideos
    ok then.. thanks for the info. I will let you guys know how it goes. I just got this epson r200 and man it is sweet. I do serious volume printing and need the best prices. I am pretty loyal to sites for good prices and good service.
    Shop4tech - Have ordered 400 Riteks. 200 DVD Cases. 100 CD Jewel cases. I just started ordering, I am happy with them and will continue to buy from them.
    cdr411 - Have bought over 600 DVD cases, but they raised their prices and killed the free shipping, their service has also declined, lots of broken cases lately. I dfo not want replacements, I need my stuff right the first time, , I just need a good product, good service, fast shipping, 5 days tops. And if this can be satisfied, then I have plenty of money to spend.
    Also ordered the Ridata from meritline. 100 pack. 70 DVD made, NO coasters yet.. that is excellent. But then again I have not checked them all.

I was gonna go for the continuous flow system but I feel 4 bux a cart.. whats the need? lol
    If you do serious volumes of printing, why aren't you using something that can handle it? Like a robot feed disk printer, or a really heavy duty inkjet for your paper needs. Well what the hell, it's your money, enjoy.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am seriously debating a laser jet, they have one at bestbuy this week for 499 bux.. don't know if I have reached that point just yet. I am really close tho. thanks for the advice.
    Quote Quote  
  22. If you are doing that much printing, might as well go pro.....www.primera.com
    my t.v. is wide and so am I.
    Quote Quote  
  23. any1 else bought cartridges from megatones? They seem to be the cheapest, how is the quality on them? Im considering buying this printer ubt want to make sure I have all the angles covered before I do so.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Yeah, it would be terrible to waste $75
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Inkgrabber.com doesn't post to Australia. Any suggestions for oz ?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wow.. yes sir.. just got the carts from megatoners.. great deal!! Brand new carts in vacum sealed bags like the oem ones. Prints are the same.
    Fast shipping.. easy snap in and I am so happy.. the oem carts I had to buy the other day hurt!!
    Thanks to megatoner I am in biz once again and life is grand!

Thanks a shitload for that link man!!
    Quote Quote  
  27. wow thats awesome. I guess megatoners seems to be the best option. Its the cheapest ink and its just like OEM? Nice....
    Quote Quote  
  28. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just bought my self the Epson r200, and found this site for refills

http://www.inkgrabber.com/printers.mhtml?search_for=Stylus%20Photo%20R200

Also, what printable media should I buy for this? If it matters I have an HP300i dvd burner....thanx for any info provided
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that is a good option.. but megatoners is cheaper and you only have to buy 49 bux to get free shipping.. vs 75 at inkgrabber. I just needed a sweet price point. So far these are working great.. on to 20 dvd covers on mostly all generic brand. If anyone finds better prices then that please post a link. TIA
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I may not have that many posts, but I told you that you wouldn't be
    disappointed!!!! :P
    Quote Quote