VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello
    i use dvapp or adobe premiere to make my captures.
    I want to capture one program that will broadcast when i'm not at home so i'd like to schedule my computer to capture it. anyone can help me doing it with dvapp or premiere?

I'm using this programs cause it's the ones i have. i use a canopus advc-1394 for my captures.

thanks for any help. please reply fast cause i need to do this tomorrow
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not sure it's possible, i use DVapp as well but there's no kind of "start recording when opened" option so simple windows scheduling won't work.

do you have enough HD space to just set it going before you leave and edit it? can you leave it all set up for someone else to hit record? can you get to another computer to start it remotely?
    Quote Quote  
  3. do you have enough HD space to just set it going before you leave and edit it?
    no
    can you leave it all set up for someone else to hit record?
    no
    can you get to another computer to start it remotely
    no

any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dare i say VHS?

i bought a DVB PVR because of this, could never find a reliable solution....

last thing i know of, check out www.showshifter.com they were introducing DV capability at some point, it may be fully working now - haven't used it for about a year.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i found that scenalyzer has a timer to program.
    i guess i'll use it.
    this program is ok to capture?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the demo is limited time and puts a logo on your capture. full version is good though, never had any problems with it, but i use DVapp for simplicity.
    Quote Quote