VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A newbie question. Can a DVB card ( I understand it decodes MPEG2 digital signal) decode digital cable? Or is it just for free-to-air channels?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes, but would it be of any use in the USA?
    Quote Quote  
  3. A good place to look for this kind of info, although a bit over the top most of the time, is the HTPC forum at www.avsforum.com.

-Suntan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVB cards can do digital cable. Sometimes, you need different software / firmware.
    With the correct adjustment (LNB) you can ever receive DVB /T without issues.

pyrohydra: Depends what your cable provider follows there in the USA. Some of them follow DVB, so it migh interest you.
    For the rest of the world (since North America is just the exception on this) this feature is very neccessary and 100% possible
    Quote Quote  
  5. Off topic but...

WTF is with the color scheme on AVSForum? Absolutely hideous. Are they purposfully trying to drive people away with that shit?
    Quote Quote  
  6. My guess has always been that they are trying to copy the colors of the inside of a movie theater... ...as I said, a bit over the top most of the time.

-Suntan
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    see my full reply in the "Building a PVR that supports Digital Cable - Seeking TV Card" topic. (you are not allowed double posts ??)

ok, guys best i can see so far is http://www.dvico.com makes a QAM digital cable TV card that should work with un-encrypted digital cable. ...
    (more in that reply)

HBO Kid
    Quote Quote