VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. How about a section for members to trade/sell hardware/software. I'm sure everyone has perfectly good hardware and software they have no use for but can't throw it away because it still works. Just create the section and let the members communicate and barter through your personal message feature, this would eliminate non-member traffic.
    If it works, don't fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sounds interesting
    Yellow-Haired Warrior...Go
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like a good idea, but mods would have to keep a close eye on it though to make sure there's no selling of warez or other illegal vidoes or things.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well then, there goes that idea.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Good idea, just hard to put into practice and have it work as intended.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i would assume if people need a specific bit of kit/software they can mention it in a thread and if someone pm's them then it's cool. same goes if you're offloading stuff. if you mention it's going spare and someone pm's that's ok too, right?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    naturalzinc...Just to let you know, I have a son that is retarded & I personally find the picture you posted in very bad taste. I'm sure if you had someone in your family that was retarded you would feel the same way (I'd hope).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I too find it very offensive. I have a son who is also retarded and somthing like that reminds me of the mentality of a grade school kid.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Maybe I didn't think the idea out enough to account for mis-use. I just notice sometimes that someone has a problem and I have what they need to fix it (in a box somewhere) and would let go of it to for a couple of dollars or something they might have to trade.

I feel it would be improper to just say "I have what you need, just send me $10 and it's yours", it sounds like a scam. Having a section specifically for selling and trading would add an element of purpose (that's the best word I can come up with).
    If it works, don't fix it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A sell/trade forum is a bad idea. That's why we have eBay.

Regarding the pic:

I'm not offended as much by it, but I am offended by BIG ******* SIGS! Naturalzinc, couldn't you just put "Seize the day!" or maybe just the text from that pic? I'm sure it helps your credibility when your post is 2 words long, and your sig is the size of a billboard.

To those saying they have retarded kids, just stop it. You know you're lying. If you really had victim's of Down's Syndome, you would refer to them as such (or mentally challenged even), not as "retarded". You people make me sick, making up crap to bolster your argument.

That being said, I want to express my outrage at flaninacupboard's avatar. My pet turtle was crushed in a CD press.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually my son is mentally challenged but with the mentality of the person that posted it I didn't know for sure if he would understand the term. My son didn't have a choice as to how he came into this world. At the same time I wouldn't have him any other way. I'll just consider the source and drop it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if naturalzinc wants to put his picture on the forum, that's cool. did you win that race, zinc?
    member since 1843
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    That being said, I want to express my outrage at flaninacupboard's avatar. My pet turtle was crushed in a CD press.
    Haha, nice one. Although i do have to point out it's a laserdisc not a CD, so technically...... SCREW YOU!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flaninacupboard
    Originally Posted by Supreme2k
    Haha, nice one. Although i do have to point out it's a laserdisc not a CD, so technically...... SCREW YOU!
    I'll back him up! The turtle was meant to tell you to turn the disk over STUPID, the video is on the other side!
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen that picture a few times. What I'd like to know is if anybody got that race on video.
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
  17. "naturalzinc" I think your picture should be taken down. Making fun of people is not cool. Your just sick.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm up for trading.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by spiderman2k1
    I'm up for trading.
    Ok, I have a 4 meg PCI S3 Virge card. Wanna trade me for a Radeon 9100?

I'll even throw in a couple of 4G hdds!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    naturalzinc , I am not offended by your picture & my son has learning disabilities . We all know you are insecure about yourself & this makes you feel like you are superior to someone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "naturalzinc" I think your picture should be taken down. Making fun of people is not cool. Your(sic) just sick.
    I'm up for trading.
    So, you want to trade that pic? for what?

I vote that sig pics be no taller than 100 pix and no wider than 300 (maybe 400, just to be nice )
    Quote Quote  
  22. I'm talking abot TV show's "Supreme2k" you had to much cat nip LOL
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    holy shit y'all are uptight! that pic has been circulating all over the net for years, can't believe this is the first time uv seen it, y'all must have been in a cave. it seemed to fit here w/ all the bickering that can go on sometimes, thought it might make ppl think twice before arguing so much. granted it is too big, i saw some1 else w/ one that big so i didnt think it was a problem. and jeez it was there for less than 24 hrs.

however sry to offend any1

hope d.chappelle isnt too offensive 4 u
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am a conservative white male and I find Dave Chapelle offensive. :P If you believe that one, I have an excellent book on Italian military victories I'd like to sell you.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by teegee420
    Italian military victories
    ahahah, nice , they got their asses beat by ethiopians once upon a time! how sad
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hope i dont offend any ethiopians
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't help yourself, can you?

Ix-nay on the acial-ray!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's not Chappelle. that's Rick James, bitch.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wow that site is crazy!!!
    Quote Quote