VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 121 to 150 of 150
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by rds_correia
    Hi mike,
    Nope, according to the majority of users in this site -x-/K/M or whatever is all crap. Stick to (S)VCD/DVD!
    No need for me to explain why, of course.
    I'm just catching up on the way we're all entitled to act upon questions such as yours'.
    Browsing this whole thread you will understand why .
    Regards,

    Rui
    Now what kind of a negative attitude is that?!

  2. Hehe, I got a good reply to a divx versus kdvd question here http://kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11987 :P
    Why is it that people here talk and talk and talk, but dont present proof of evidence?
    That link shows the opposite to what people say about kvcd/kdvd.
    I think some people here could benefit from an eye check at Pearl Vision Center


    Contact Baldrick. I won't be suprised if he re-instates your membership. I did this for the reasons stated below, and specifically to prevent any conflict between this site and kvcd.net. You're obviously trying to stir up old arguments, so I'm stopping you now./ Moderator adam

  3. Originally Posted by pacheco
    Hehe, I got a good reply to a divx versus kdvd question here http://kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11987 :P
    Why is it that people here talk and talk and talk, but dont present proof of evidence?
    That link shows the opposite to what people say about kvcd/kdvd.
    I think some people here could benefit from an eye check at Pearl Vision Center

    Pacheco, I think you need an Indolikaa Special.

  4. Originally Posted by indolikaa
    Pacheco, I think you need an Indolikaa Special.
    If that means a 5 dollar divx sa player,then i'll think about it

  5. Originally Posted by pacheco
    Originally Posted by indolikaa
    Pacheco, I think you need an Indolikaa Special.
    If that means a 5 dollar divx sa player,then i'll think about it
    RIGHT!


    No, I'm afraid it's nowhere near that pleasant. It generally starts off with a 'Listen up, *******!' and concludes with a 'Piss Off!' and has a whole lot of hate and discontentment thrown in the middle for good measure.

    Some of our recently-departed members think quite highly of it.


  6. Um... that "XviD" vs. "KDVD" test is really somewhat misleading. By using a high average bitrate XviD clip, you are diminishing the compression advantages inherent to XviD in the comparison.

    You can make pretty damn good looking DivX/XviD clips at much lower average bitrates than that... and at that level, MPEG-1 or 2 would choke. The truth is, that video clip could probably still look pretty reasonable with XviD at half the average bitrate.

    That is not saying that kwag did a good job at getting that degree of quality with MPEG-2 at that bitrate. But in no way is his methods with MPEG-2 make it superior in quality or compressibility compared to DivX/XviD/MPEG-4.

    For example, try making video clips for Pocket PCs at 320x240. You can get away with reasonable quality video with DivX at around 200-300 kbit/s depending on the video quality. Impossible with MPEG-1 or MPEG-2.

    Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence

  7. Member adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pacheco
    Hehe, I got a good reply to a divx versus kdvd question here http://kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11987 :P
    Why is it that people here talk and talk and talk, but dont present proof of evidence?
    That link shows the opposite to what people say about kvcd/kdvd.
    I think some people here could benefit from an eye check at Pearl Vision Center
    As far as I'm concerned, that is the last straw. You registered on this board for no other reason then to bolster support for kdvcd/dvd. Now you take an argument, which basically you created on this forum, and intentionally carry it over to kvcd.net. You are obviously just out to cause trouble and you have done a good job so far. I don't know why you want to pit both sites against each other. We here at videohelp have nothing against the kvcd.net forums. But if you keep playing both sides like this then its going to get ugly.

  8. Originally Posted by pacheco
    Why is it that people here talk and talk and talk, but dont present proof of evidence?
    Now you're even starting to piss me off. And that is no small chore. I will assume you used the word "people" instead of "everyone" intentionally. Otherwise you will be generalizing way too much. Take a look at some of the threads I've been active in like "Amazing discoveries..." and you will see picture after picture backing up what I say. Others here do it too....

  9. I have tried several of the constantly-changing "K" templates, matrices, filtering, pre-processing methods, etc. IMO, more hassle, more time, and no significant improvement over faster, simpler, and accepted standard methods. Three movies on a disk, in good quality? I do it all the time.

    I had always assumed Kwag was Sean Madison's slightly more mature older brother. Was any definite relationship, or lack thereof, ever established? Much of what put me off the "K" methods was the attitudes of their proponents and the outlandish claims they made.

    Each should use whatever techniques they prefer. To argue that one video "must" look better than another is akin to attempting to convince someone that strawberries "must" taste better than blueberries. To each his own.

    I found nothing objectionable in Smurf's comments. I do, however, find Satstorm's strongly bigoted anti-Americanism very objectionable. But then, I have mostly ignored his comments since his "CVD is much more difficult to make than SVCD" days.

  10. I agree with adam.

  11. The Old One SatStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Hellas (Greece), E.U.
    Search Comp PM
    @Nelson37: At the time, CVD was more difficult than SVCD and also it was more compatible in the PAL Land than the NTSC Land

    I'm not anti American, I always tried to understand you. Your culture, approach of life, why you are acting the way you are acting. And over the years I learned a lot (and still learning, I never stop learn).
    Of course, the easy way for me, is to stand to comments like yours and built upon them. Unfortunatelly, this "system" doesn't work any more... Not with me, with the rest of the world.
    What I suggest as an alternative to the Americans, is to try to understand the rest of the world. Now, that would be an impovement.

    This doesn't mean that I'm a friend of America either. This is another thing you can't expect: You see, for you there are 2 parts: Those who are with you and those who are against you. Well, I'm among those who don't give a shit. That third alternative always existed, but because of the cold war use to be forgoten somehow. Now all those things are history and those who don't give a shit rise as a number. Australia don't give a shit, half of Europe don't give a shit. China don't give a shit.....
    And that chance in the global attitude is what really bothers you...

    I won't try to prove you that I'm not anti - American. You have already establish your opinion about me. But at least, I can try to show you some things to think about them.

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Middle of England
    Search Comp PM
    : Those who are with you and those who are against you. Well, I'm among those who don't give a shit.
    LOL

    How can you trust a country that does not understand football.
    Oscar.

  13. Originally Posted by SatStorm
    Well, I'm among those who don't give a shit. That third alternative always existed, but because of the cold war use to be forgoten somehow.
    Pretty good description of a fool's paradise. Americans in the 1930s didn't, as you say "give a shit" either. What came next was a rude awakening.

    But you don't need my opinions on politics any more than I need to know yours. I think it's safe to say more than a few people here think a Moderator, above all others, should leave politics alone.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

  14. Where the hell is this argument/debate heading? There are many perspectives of how u view this kvcd. In my point i love it, like some while other's just hate it. But does it really have to drag out that much, I think not. Don't u ppl out there agree?

  15. The Old One SatStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Hellas (Greece), E.U.
    Search Comp PM
    I don't bring politics easy (even if it is a part of me, in real life...). I do refer to at times, because without some soft observations and critic, the non americans won't understand....
    You see here is the problem: How we see the same mountain? From the other side. It is the same mountain, but we don't see the same thing...
    Let's try for a change to see from a different perspective, when this is off course possible.

    But I don't like the lebel "Anti American" either. I'm not. This is when I react

    Also, the description about "I don't give a shit" is not total accurate (because it leads to fool's paradise, as you righ pointed). The correct phrase is "I give the same shit for USA, that USA give to us.

  16. Video Restorer lordsmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    dFAQ.us/lordsmurf
    Search Comp PM
    To think all this started because I said I don't know anything about Portugal or the Portugese.

    My knowledge of them can be summed up in one sentence: "The country is in Europe next to Spain, along the ocean, and they speak Portugese."

    It was not political.

    The member from Portugal had a problem with me giving an opinion in a certain way. I've seen that before: that scenario was that person's culture frowned on what I said (although it was perfectly fine thing to say here at home). I thought it may be the same scenario this time with this videohelp member.

    What's so hard about that? People from various places act different. I took a course in college that covered this very thing, as it applied to business and communication.

    I know SATSTORM doesn't speak English as a primary language, so he may have misinterpreted what I said. Either that, or yet again, we've hit a cultural difference in what can be said here vs there.

    Nothing wrong with any of this. Nobody is right or wrong. We just need to acknowledge that we're different, and try to move on. Not get pissed off because "my country" acts different than "your country". That's so kindergarten.


    Originally Posted by vdk_au
    Where the hell is this argument/debate heading? There are many perspectives of how u view this kvcd. In my point i love it, like some while other's just hate it. But does it really have to drag out that much, I think not. Don't u ppl out there agree?
    Go here: http://www.kvcd.net

  17. Member flaninacupboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Northants, England
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf

    Originally Posted by vdk_au
    Where the hell is this argument/debate heading? There are many perspectives of how u view this kvcd. In my point i love it, like some while other's just hate it. But does it really have to drag out that much, I think not. Don't u ppl out there agree?
    Go here: http://www.kvcd.net
    !
    They got what they wanted lordsmurf!!

  18. Satstorm, you're incorrigible! :P

    Never mind.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!

  19. The Old One SatStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Hellas (Greece), E.U.
    Search Comp PM
    I needed a translator for "incorrigible"

    Yeah, I bet I am

  20. Video Restorer lordsmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    dFAQ.us/lordsmurf
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SatStorm
    I needed a translator for "incorrigible"
    Yeah, I bet I am
    Hmm...
    DENNIS THE MENACE is incorrigible (sp?)
    TOM of TOM & JERRY is too.

    It can be said jokingly or not. Normally jokingly.
    Means there's no hope in changing you. You are who you are.
    Even when it's a bad thing! :P
    Normally said BECAUSE it's a bad thing (though in joking manner).

    When school teachers say it, it's a bad thing.
    You'll find this in lots of pre-1960s shows.
    Hoodlums and misfits are "incorrigible"

    I don't think it's spelled right. Too lazy to look it up.
    Not a common word these days.

  21. Originally Posted by vdk_au
    In my point i love it, like some while other's just hate it. But does it really have to drag out that much, I think not. Don't u ppl out there agree?
    I believe I said that at least twice now....

  22. Member tekkieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Over the hill
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    To think all this started because I said I don't know anything about Portugal or the Portugese.

    My knowledge of them can be summed up in one sentence: "The country is in Europe next to Spain, along the ocean, and they speak Portugese."

    It was not political.
    Originally Posted by Satstorm
    This doesn't mean that I'm a friend of America either. This is another thing you can't expect: You see, for you there are 2 parts: Those who are with you and those who are against you. Well, I'm among those who don't give a shit. That third alternative always existed, but because of the cold war use to be forgoten somehow. Now all those things are history and those who don't give a shit rise as a number. Australia don't give a shit, half of Europe don't give a shit. China don't give a shit.....
    @lordsmurf and @Satstorm - I am full blooded Portuguese (almost), I am an American, AND I don't give a shit!

  23. My blood is a mixture of German whores, Irish drunks and English nobility.

    And I don't give a shit either!

  24. Member flaninacupboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Northants, England
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tekkieman
    @lordsmurf and @Satstorm - I am full blooded Portuguese (almost), I am an American, AND I don't give a shit!
    covering all bases i see!

  25. Member tekkieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Over the hill
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by flaninacupboard
    Originally Posted by tekkieman
    @lordsmurf and @Satstorm - I am full blooded Portuguese (almost), I am an American, AND I don't give a shit!
    covering all bases i see!
    Actually, it's a good thing the Portuguese remark lordsmurf wrote didn't bother me (there was NO bad intent from what I saw), because after the remark about programmers don't know anything about video...or blind dogs who drive cars.....,a second slip might have really offended me....

    If I gave a shit!

  26. (Sing along with me!) Toonsis the driving cat!


    Programmers live in their own fantasy world. They actually believe that their code will work as advertised when it reaches the masses.

    What a bunch of lunatics.

  27. Originally Posted by tekkieman
    Originally Posted by flaninacupboard
    Originally Posted by tekkieman
    @lordsmurf and @Satstorm - I am full blooded Portuguese (almost), I am an American, AND I don't give a shit!
    covering all bases i see!
    Actually, it's a good thing the Portuguese remark lordsmurf wrote didn't bother me (there was NO bad intent from what I saw), because after the remark about programmers don't know anything about video...or blind dogs who drive cars.....,a second slip might have really offended me....

    If I gave a shit!
    Somedays I just thank god I'm an Eskimo.
    And I don't believe in god.

  28. Originally Posted by indolikaa

    Programmers live in their own fantasy world. They actually believe that their code will work as advertised when it reaches the masses.
    What Fantasy

    My code always works perfectly and is bug free :P

  29. Member adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Well pacheco got just what he wanted. He picked a fight here, drew out all of the posters here who have the most extreme views against kvcds/kdvds, then he linked this thread over to one in kvcd.net, and you can see that many of their posters now hold this entire site accountable for the views of a select few.

    Even though this thread has cooled off, I'm going to lock it as a sign of good faith regarding the ongoing one at kvcd.net. There's no reason for any kind of feud between the sites. Its just the result of a few manipulative people pushing buttons, and no I'm not just talking about the kvcd supporters.

  30. Member tekkieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Over the hill
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bugster
    Originally Posted by indolikaa

    Programmers live in their own fantasy world. They actually believe that their code will work as advertised when it reaches the masses.
    What Fantasy

    My code always works perfectly and is bug free :P
    That's why I never write any error trapping in my code....my code never generates any errors!




Similar Threads