VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I ran across this the other day and thought I would pass it along to those who will be doing a clean install soon,you can get a free CD(inc. shipping) of all security updates up to 10/2003.

www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mine took weeks to get. You might be better off downloading.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by handyguy
    Mine took weeks to get. You might be better off downloading.
    Consider yourself lucky, mine was 6 weeks. Though I did order it only the second day it was availalbe. No doubt a severe backorder occured.
    "A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct."
    - Frank Herbert, Dune
    Quote Quote  
  4. i got in ~ 2 weeks, lost it , just ordered another one

after clean install VERY useful instead of win update site...

or you can slipstream, never tried my self though
    Quote Quote  
  5. why bother?
    It's out dated before you even order it
    Best just to download all the fixes and burn them to a CD-RW and just add the new fixes as they come out...

if you don't know how to down the files, search the forums and you'll see the many link that were posted for this very same discussion when the CD first came out
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well if you use dial-up like myself,having most of the updates on one CD is convenient.
    But if you prefer to download HERE is the link.

UPDATE:I received my CD in 8 days from ordering.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The time frame from order to delivery is short now. I ordered mine when MS first announced it and it took about 5-6 weeks. A friend ordered one recently and it took less than 2 weeks. I wanted one on hand just in case the OS needed a reinstall.

Steve
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mine was in my mailbox 7 days after I ordered it. Sure does making a clean install not so much a pain when you have a dial up modem.
    Quote Quote