VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My computer is running Windows XP, 2.4 GHz Celeron and 256 MB RAM. The capture card that I have is AverDVD Ezmaker Pro (the one with 3 inputs). When I use VirtualDub, I can only capture clips for less than 320X240. I think my capture card can capture video up to 720X240. So can someone tell me what to do in order to get around that problem?
    I've tried VirtualVCR, InterVideo WinDVD Recorder, and even the btwincap driver that crashes my computer.

Am I hopeless? :(
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hiya,

First of all, don't use virtualdub to capture. I've not had anything good come from that. I would recommend iuVCR. Though initially you will find it useful to use a mix of amcap and neodvd (or whatever software came with the card) to work out what's what.

If you're getting the "Unsupported video format" message, it's because the frame rate + colour scheme + res is invalid for the picture you're trying to receive. E.g. here in the UK, the PAL settings in amcap would be 25fps + YUV2 + 720x576 (sometimes 704x576 is used - like in iuVCR). You need to experiment with the settings.

Don't use the btwincap drivers unless you know for sure that the card has the BT8x8 chipset in it, which I don't think the Avermedia's have had in them for a while now. It's more likely a Fusion878A or NEC7130.
    Am I hopeless?
    No... I thought I was a computer expert until I started trying to capture video. You're only scratching the surface
    Quote Quote