VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just out of curiousity... how does one tell what the media code/Company Procduction is of a particular DVDR? (without using PC Software...)

Eg, How do you tell if a TDK 4x DVD+R 4.7Gb a RICOHJPNR01? and not something like the CMC... etc..????

interesting now that i think about it...

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you are in the UK and buy from a reputable supplier (such as www.blankdiscshop.co.uk) they quote the media codes in all their listings. You know exactly what you are going to get then.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    READ the sticky right above about this very same question - it will tell you all that you need to know about how to check the dvdr media. I'm not sure why you don't want to use pc software to do so, because that's the easiest and most reliable way to do it (and it's free). Just read above and it should all make sense.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nickelzy
    READ the sticky right above about this very same question - it will tell you all that you need to know about how to check the dvdr media. I'm not sure why you don't want to use pc software to do so, because that's the easiest and most reliable way to do it (and it's free). Just read above and it should all make sense.
    He wants to know what media code he is buying, not find out after he already bought a spindle.

I think the only good way is to contact the vendor beforehand and ask. If they say they don't know, don't buy from them. If they say it is X, then you have it in writing if they send you Y. Other than that, try to buy sample packs. I think they contain the same DVDRs as large spindles. That is a cheap way to find out a lot of media codes from a vendor. Once you do that, post you media code results.
    Quote Quote