VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
  1. Work In Progress - Guide v2.6

I've started working on updating the guide again, i've send email to software companies to ask for permission on including their programs in my guides, so here is what I have planned:

- DVDFab = Recieved Permission!
    - Nero Recode 2
    - TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress = Recieved Permission!
    - Sceneo Vcopy
    - Cucusoft Encoder 4 = Recieved Permission!
    - Canopus ProCoder Express = Recieved Permission!
    - HonesTech Encoder 6 = Recieved Permission!
    - Pinnacle InstantCopy 8.0
    - InterVideo DVD Copy 2 Platinum = Recieved Permission!
    - Womble Media Wizard 2003

I've also applied for more affiliation, so if you ever decide to buy one of the programs which I have an affiliation, you'll get a Standalone Version of the Complete Guide as well.

Also added a new section in the guide where you can write comments on the guide for everyone to read.

Lastly, i've added a couple of "Sub" categories to cover Multiplexing and Ripping Subtitles and Integrating them into your MPG. Using SubRip and bbMPEG and also included is the I-Author Deluxe Muxing to create SVCD with Switchable Subtitles and Multiple Audio Channels (5.1). and now I have also added MaestroSBT and WinSubMux into the guide.

Lastly, i've finally added the long awaited "VCDEasy - Menus" section. Now If anyone has more requests or ideas, let me know. Since there are a lot of new programs, new guide will take a while for release, those who want to view the work while it's being made and maybe give some pointers, you can see it here: http://sefy.iwarp.com/guides/index.html

As soon as I get ProCoder Express, I will finish the guide, and there will no longer be any updates unless someone specificly asks for them. The guide is too big for me to keep updating, and if there is no request or donation, I see no point in updating it.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sefy's Complete DVD Backup Guide v2.6 - Last (for now) Version!

Changes in Guide v2.6 (Includes latest daily updates)
    1) INFO: This release contains updates for programs, and new Encoding and DVD to DVDR programs.

2) CHANGES: Thanks for latest donations, I have done many changes in this release of the guide, here are the most obvious ones:

* The Introduction page has been changed, also the bottom frame includes a link to the Disclaimer page.
    * Comments/Suggestion Page has been added to the guide, you can access it using the "Help" section. Now it's possible for you to make a suggestion or leave a comment.
    * I've removed the TMPGEnc Manual mode from the "Encoding" (it's still accessible within the guide) and i've added TMPGEnc XPress instead. Also added are Canopus ProCoder, Cucusoft, HonesTech and Sceneo encoders to the "Encoding".
    * Added Nero Recode to the "Backup!" and also to the "Copying" as a tool that encodes from DVD to DivX, also added to the "Backup!" are "InstantCopy" and "DVD Copy 2"
    * I've added two "sub" categories to cover ripping of Subtitles from your DVD Movie and also Multiplexing, these will be on the "Authoring" section of the guide, since you need these steps before you actually burn your backup movie.
    * I've replaced the "Future Plans" page with a "Term Glossary" page, as i've figured it's more important to understand the terms being used throughout the guide. All the definitions are taken from AfterDawn glossary page.
    * Finally added the "VCDEasy - Menus" creation to the guide, and since chapters are required before the menus, you will find the menus as a Sub-section in the Chapters area and once you are done creating the Menus it will take you back to the guide.

3) ADDED: The following programs have been added to the guide.

* SubRip v1.17.1
    * DVDFab v1.90
    * AnyDVD v3.6.2.4
    * Nero Recode v2.0
    * ImagoMPG-Muxer
    * RM Converter v2.21
    * MaestroSBT v2.4.3.5
    * WinSubMux v0.2.0.2
    * Sceneo Vcopy v1.1.02
    * bbMPEG v1.24 beta 18
    * Pinnacle InstantCopy v8.0
    * Canopus ProCoder Express
    * TMPGEnc XPress v3.0.4.2
    * I-Author Deluxe for SVCD v2.0
    * Cucusoft Video Converter v4.29
    * HonesTech MPEG Encoder v6.0
    * InterVideo DVD Copy 2 Platinum
    * Womble MPEG Video Wizard 2003

4) UPDATED: The following programs have been updated in this guide release

* VCDEasy v2.0.2
    * DVD2SVCD v1.2.2 b1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    The guide from now on will only be updated on request, it's too difficult to keep up with all the programs, and if people don't use those parts of the guide, I see no point in updating them. You are welcomed to use the new Comments/Suggestions page to tell me what you think and what you like to see updated.

Those who donated will recieve an email as soon as a Standalone Version is completed and will be asked to email back if they want one.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  3. NOTICE

I've got notifications that some people bought a few programs from the Affiliated programs in the guide, however, for some reason, i'm not getting who is the buyer and on what date it was bought.

So if you bought, you are entitled to get a Standalone Version of the 2.6 guide when it comes out (hopefuly any day now), so if you want, you will need to email me which program and what date.

So I can match it with the information that I do have.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  4. FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT FROM THE GUIDE LINKS

I have atleast 10 people who bought programs from within the affiliated links and they are entitled to a Standalone Version of the guide, I don't know who you are, but if you want a copy, email me with the date and name of program you bought, so I can match it up.

NOTE: The guide is currently on hold, so new version won't come out soon!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  5. A FEW ANOUNCMENTS

- Work on the guide is at the moment on hold, i'm currently in New-Zealand to try and find a job so I can immigrate here. So unfortunatly I don't have time to maintain the guide. However! this does not mean i'll stop work on it totaly, it will be continued once I have the time.

- Thanks to latest donations, i have ordered a DVD Dual Layer so I will be able to do tests and include in the guide programs that support it and add even more DVD Backup Guides and simpler DVD to S/VCD guides for the Newbie's.

- Those who donated or bought programs which are affiliated ARE entitled to get a Standalone (No Internet or Web Browser needed!) Version of the guide so those of you who donated and want, just email me! Each guide is specific for a donor.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  6. ANNOUNCMENT

My Web Page has been deleted by the free host, so i've opened a new host in a different place now: http://www.freewebtown.com/sefy/guides/

This will include a preview for v2.7 of the guide, and I will try finding a nice URL forwarding solutions, and unfortunatly will have to update the link in all the hosts (sorry guys!).

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  7. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wow! Sefy - you're the man! The work you must have put into those boggles the mind 8)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks Capmaster!
    I do what I can to give back to the community that gave me the knowledge...

To be honest, it's nice seeing someone replying here besides me
    PS: I'm arranging a discount from vso-software to those who buy their software in the guide, stay tuned!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  9. DVD GUIDE NEWS

I've basicly completed all the updates that I saw fit, i've now sent the guide for Hebrew and German translations.

New to the guide is a whole new "internal" guide which covers TV DivX episodes to DVD Authoring using TMPGEnc 3 XPress and DVD Author 1.6

Lastly, there is a 15% discount on products from vso-software when using a link from the affiliated programs in the guide. Simply insert a coupon named SEFYGUIDE and you will get the discount.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  10. DVD Backup Guide v2.7

Work is still being made on the guide and some may notice it was all deleted during this day, and I have re-uploaded it. I was hoping on doing a 2005 year release to celebrate 5 years of this guide (wow it's been that long Baldrick?) but the translations are not yet completed. So it will be delayed by a bit.

Also since there has been more updates on program revisions, I will see if I require to update anything on the images. The guide has grown very big now and stands on 11.3mb uncompressed! and with all the new htmls it will even grow bigger i'm guessing.

Thanks to latest 3 donations made, my friend who does the Standalone is now working on creating for those donors a version for them. However, it is due to his assistance that there is a Standalone Version and he has requested that only donations of 10$ or more will recieve the 2.7 guide since he is also doing the translation on that, which means double work on his part.

So i've worked it out with him as follows, all those who donated till now will still recieve all the Standalone Guide version for free including all future releases of the guide, you will recieve emails when it's done. Those who've donated now below 10$ will get the 2.6 guides and ANY updates which will be made to it (images and fixes for example). Only those who donate 10$ or more will recieve the 2.7 Multilanguage Guide.

I Apologise for any inconvienence this is making, and I trouly am thankful for any donation made. Unfortunatly the guide has grown far too big for 1 person to handle, and as I require assistance in testing everything, I don't have the time to translate it myself and these guys deserve their credit.

On a last note, i'm really happy to see people using the Comments Page of the guide. I am sorry I don't reply quickly, but I DO reply and i've just got to reply all the latest questions there.

In the meantime: Merry Christmas to Everyone!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  11. Wow! it has been a long time since my last post, I am trouly sorry about it! I apologise for the lack of updates, at the moment i'm in New-Zealand and yes still trying to find a Job Sponsor so I didn't have a lot of time for the guide.

However that doesn't mean i've stopped working on it and before a release I will make sure the guide has the latest programs in it. The Hebrew translation will be done soon, but unfortunatly the German one is gonna take longer, so I may not release both of them at the same time.

You can view the WIP guide here if you like:
    http://www.freewebtown.com/sefy/guides

I'd like to state again to all those who bought a program which is affiliated in the guide, please email me the details of your purchase and you will get the standalone version of the guide if you want.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just wanting to let you guys know i'm still around, just didn't get to finish up v2.7 of the guide and also translations are coming really slow. But i am going to finish it up soon and hopefully i'll release it WITH the translations as well.

I'm planning to release the guide either before or at the tribute of the passing of Christopher Reeve, as the latest guide is dedicated to him. All donations and or money that comes cause of the guide on the week of his death, will be given to his Paralysis Orginization.

I have 6 weeks left in NZ to find a job sponsor, so till i'm done with trying to get my dream come true. I will not have time to work with the guide, but i'm not forgeting anyone! the guide WILL be updated whenever i can!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  13. Unfortunatly I am back in Israel as i've not managed to find a Job Sponsor on time. I will start working on doing updates and new additions to the guide, so if anyone has any requests now would be the time

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  14. My Apologies for the lack of updates, ever since Reeve died it was difficult for me to work on the guide since it uses his movie as an examle.

BUT! i promise to resume work on the guide and update to all the latest versions and new programs that came out!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  15. Happy New Year Everyone!
    Ok so i'm a bit late, shoot me :P

I was wondering, do you guys prefer i re-do the guide and release only one with the currently used programs, or to keep on adding programs to the guide as it is now

Is the guide even still useful or should i just quit ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote