VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How Long Has It Been Since You Saw A Movie In The Theater?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Less Than A week

Evonne and me went and saw The Butterfly Effect. It was very good!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I saw Shrek 2 this weekend. Great flick, and not just for kids. In fact, it's more for adults than kids (you really have to look close listen for the 1-shot jokes, and the Bartenders comments in the Bar with "Donkey", I was the only one laughing, and the oldest in the theater).
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found a new dollar theater and saw "Walking Tall" last night. not counting that, it would be less than a month, from seeing "Hellboy".
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Attack of the Clones. I rent, because it is way cheaper than spending about 30 dollars for my wife and I to see the movies in the theater. Of course, I will go see ep.III in the theater.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Shrek 2 was packed this weekend or I would have gone. Usually, I used to go ever week there was something new. First run price in a brand new theatre here is $8.50CAD, while 2nd run is as low as $2.00CAD! Can't go wrong with those prices...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where's the "less than 24 hours" option?
    Fight spammers ghetto kung-fu style! Join the Unsolicited Commandos! or the Spam Vampires!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last movie I saw in the theares was the remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD which was sometime in March 2004

Terrible film especially compared to the original.

Only thing in theatres that I feel I must see now is KILL BILL VOL. 2

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  8. Last time I went to the theatre to see a movie, more or less ruined a pair of pants when the chewing gum that some slimer had stuck under the seat got on the back of the legs. And then of course there always seems to be somebody in the theatre that has one os those deep raspy coughs and I end up worrying about catching their disease. And of course knowing several people that caught ringworm/crabs/lice from theatres I've given up. Not to mention filthy floors, when do they wash them? Ever?

And lets not even mention the out of focus or off frame picture. The people that feel a need to give a commentary on the entire movie. The waste & Truoble when I lost it and threw my soda and Popcorn on the person that kept talking and said "Bleep You" when asked to be quiet.

The above could be beacuse I'm in central NJ?

SO I've given up on Theatres since they overcharge and are to cheap to even monitor the screens in the multiplexes.

YMMV
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    About an hour.
    I'm a projectionist.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its hard for me to pay $10 to see it once when I can wait a few months, pay $20 and then own it. I'd rather not go to a theatre as I'm not much of a people person anyhow. For me, I'd rather be on the couch with surround sound on a 56" TV then be at the theatre with screaming children and idiots laughing or yelling at everything that happens in the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Last movie I saw in the theater was The Last Samurai, so when did it come out?
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Last month saw The Passion. Prior to that, probably 4 months without going to the theater. Pretty much anymore, I'd rather watch in the comfort of my own home theater. No noisy people, pause whenever you want. Don't get ripped off for snacks. Certain things I will go see,if it's for my 4 yr old daughter and like gitreel I will definitely see episode III when it's at the theater.
    Quote Quote  
  13. The Passion of the Christ on a free pass.

We watch about 3-5 movies a year at the theaters.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I like to get to the cinema when I can. I'm disappointed if a year goes by and I dont get to see something.

That said, the last time was X-Men 2 so it's been a while.

Should've gone to see Casshern when I was in Tokyo, looks to be one of the better sci-fi films out there in the last 23 years.
    SUPPORT : http://www.fightdivx.com

Piracy impacts the lives of innocents victims
    such as Record Execs. and CEO's. Don't
    hurt these poor sweet babies, ahh..............
    Quote Quote  
  15. I have everyone beat, the last time for me was 97 Jurassic Park The Lost World.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Brave Heart
    Jurassic Park The Lost World.
    Ouch, I guess that explains why you don't want to go back.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Last time i was in a cinema was when i bought new sunglasses and had to wait some hours for the grinding and coloring of the lenses, me and my girlfriend went to see Legally Blonde 2 while waiting, it would be just 7-10 months ago. That was a normal theatre with Sony sound system, its not possible to enjoy a movie when the sound is that bad, so the last time i ENJOYED watching a movie in a theatre is much longer ago. That time the movie was also bad, Sleepy Hollow i think, but it was in a THX theatre, in fact the first THX in Scandinavia, built when the THX specs was new and "expensive", only Dolby amplifiers and JBL speakers would qualify to even apply for THX status the time it was built.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Ohhh. I miss dollar theaters. Here in congested, smoggy SoCal it's $8 a person if you catch the matinee, $10 or $12 if you go at night. I'll take a rental, and the couch next to my wife anyday.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Went and saw Shrek 2.
    Very good
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Gazorgan
    I saw Shrek 2 this weekend. Great flick, and not just for kids.
    I enjoyed the first Shrek, nice movie in many ways, but i just could not watch it in the cinema or rent it or buy it here. Simple reason for that, all movies that are considered to be for kids are dubbed to Norwegian language, and i just cant stand dubbed stuff! Subbed is ok, but dubbed?? Thats for the Germans and French! One of my favorite TV series many years ago was Sledge Hammer, my sis saw some of them on German TV, it was just stupid she said. Imagine Sledge speaking German?? How stupid is that? And imagine Germans are buying Babylon5 DVDs with GERMAN language when the english versions are available? Why dont they just DONT watch Babylon5 instead? Audio desync is considered a PROBLEM in other countries, in Germany and France they PAY for it
    Quote Quote  
  21. Being deaf, its rather dumb to watch a film that you can't hear. However, they do let me bring an interpreter free. But how am I to see that interpreter in a theatre?

tgpo, you should have asked what people pay to get in, that would be interesting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    About a month ago - I took my kid to see Scooby Doo 2 ZZZZzzzz
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Brave Heart
    I have everyone beat, the last time for me was 97 Jurassic Park The Lost World.
    Got you really beat,Total Recall when it first came out.Brought my 6 and 5 year old nephew and niece to watch in the afternoon.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    tgpo, you should have asked what people pay to get in, that would be interesting.
    Good idea. Next poll man.
    Quote Quote  
  25. More than a year...actually it's been a few years

Not much in recent years has held my interest or motivated me enough to see a movie in a theater for the prices they charge these days - I have my own home mini theater anyway 8)
    Quote Quote  
  26. My last visit to the movies was in Feb 1980, during my army days in Hanau Germany, watched: The Final Countdown with Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen, Charles Durning, Katharine Ross and Ron O'Neal. After that got my first home VCR, a Sony BETAMAX, yes I said BETAMAX, a guy was leaving the Army and I got it for a steal. After that experience I never went back to the theater.
    Quote Quote  
  27. It's been at least 20 years since last I went to a cinema. Where I live all the cinema's are multiplex which is like looking at a large projection TV and the sound is unbelievably bad. Add to that the louts who think it's fun to spoil everyone's evening, and if you object you get your face kicked in.

No thanks I'll just wait 'till the DVD comes out and watch it in the comfort of my home, complete with full surround sound and a gin-and-tonic to hand. <happy sigh> utter bliss.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    3 movies in 3 years , all the lord of the rings.

might be a few years before i go again(maybe the hobbit by then)
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The last movie I remember seeing in a theater was E.T. and the wife dragged me to it. That was in a military theater in Korea over 20 years ago. The wife and daughter have gone to several movies since then, but none in the last several years, too busy we all work. I just wait for the movies to come out on DVD and buy them. May take some time off from work when the new Harry Potter movie comes out to see it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by arrived03
    3 movies in 3 years , all the lord of the rings.

might be a few years before i go again(maybe the hobbit by then)
    or King Kong.
    Quote Quote