VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. how cna i extract audio from a mpeg file and clean up the background hissing? It is a programme i have capture through my TV card but the audio is really bad
    Can someone help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    demux the file into .m2v (video stream) and .mp2 (audio stream) files.

convert the .mp2 (if necessary) to a format your audio editing software can recognize.

clean up the audio.

convert back to .mp2 (if necessary).

remux the new audio stream with the original video stream.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok what u just said meant absolutely nothing to me. How do i do...um....all that stuff u mentioned.....
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry...I just have to chuckle at your response!
    No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by angel129116
    ok what u just said meant absolutely nothing to me. How do i do...um....all that stuff u mentioned.....
    start with the Glossary first, then hit the How To Guides (all at above left).

"demux" and "remux" are short for "demultiplexing" and "remultiplexing", respectively - multiplexing being the union of multiple streams (ie. audio and video).

personally, I would use TMPGenc to demux the .mpg file (File-> Mpeg Tools -> Simple Demux).

I'm not sure which audio editors will handle an .mp2 file, so a conversion might be in order. I think BeSweet can convert .mp2 <-> .wav

I'd use Wavelab for removing noise, since that's my audio editor of choice.

then using BeSweet for any reconversion, and TMPG's Mpeg Tools to remux the new audio with the old video.

Again - the Glossary and the Guides are your friend.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can open the mp2 directly with goldwave and then apply the noise filter hiss removal.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Easy cheesy way to do it but it requires Adobe Audition and TMPGEnc DVD Author and the ac3 plugin.

1) Open Adobe Audition and choose "get audio from video" or something like that. Pick the video and it will extract the audio from it. edit it and save it as a .wav 16-bit 48khz.

2) Author the dvd using TMPGEnc DVD Author..replace the sound track of the original mpeg movie with the cleaned up one. Tell the track to re-encode audio to ac3.
    BAM@!!

If you're wanting to leave it as an mpeg then loose the TMPGEnc DVD Author and replace it with Womble MPEG Video Editor. After step 1 open womble and mute the main video track then add the cleaned up one to the music track. Re-Encode and...
    BAM@!!

dlv
    Quote Quote