VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    It brings back memories when I also used ADS Instant DVD, it was a cool tool that made pretty good dvd files. My only problem with Instand DVD was audio/sync issues other than that I liked it.
    Do unto others....with a vengeance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problems with the ADS Instant DVD 2.0 may have been my fault - I realised the other day that the power adaptor I bought for it was only rated for half the required current. I'm already committed to the JVC, but I'll have to buy a new power adaptor to retest the Instant DVD before I sell it, so when I do that, I'll try some captures with it to compare the quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wriggley
    The problems with the ADS Instant DVD 2.0 may have been my fault - I realised the other day that the power adaptor I bought for it was only rated for half the required current. I'm already committed to the JVC, but I'll have to buy a new power adaptor to retest the Instant DVD before I sell it, so when I do that, I'll try some captures with it to compare the quality.
    Would be nice to see a "shoot out" between the JVC and ADS Instant DVD 2.0

Perhaps you can take the same source and record it to both and then compare.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone happen to know if there are any secret shortcuts for finalising and formatting? I'm starting to tire of going through 12 button presses to finalise a disc (even though I'm getting pretty quick at it).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    12 buttons? Let's see

SETUP
    ARROW ARROW ARROW
    DOWN DOWN DOWN
    ENTER ENTER

Just 9 presses.

You think that's bad? Try some other recorders.
    Only one easier is a LiteOn, the "easy guider" menu.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On mine, to format it requires:

setup, right, down, left, down, down, enter, left, enter, left, enter

Then then to finalise, it's:

setup, right, down, left, down, down, down, enter, left, enter, left, enter

Is that bad? To me it would still read a bit like an April Fool's joke even it were cut by a few button presses, but perhaps I'm looking at it the wrong way. More presses could leave one feeling seasoned and tough, with a sense of pride each time you memorise a convoluted sequence on a new model.

But I'd still be happy to hear whether anyone discovered any undocumented shortcuts (in the 2 button press ballpark)
    Quote Quote