VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. best thing to do is load the file into gspot and make sure you have the proper codecs installed.

gspot should also crc check it and make sure the file is playable.
    if it doesn't pass the crc check, you may have to fix your avi file using divxfix or virtualdub.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys. I 've read everything posted by now, but i still have problems with TMPGEnc.

It's the same like rsinger, except i can view and listen the .avi (and better than before when it was .ogm) using any program ( WMP9, BSPlayer, Nero ShowTime, PowerDVD...) but when i put in TMPGEnc i get the same error.

So i tried all the stuff above, downloaded every codec and still nothing. I tried using TMPGEnc Express 3.0 as well but it wont play it either, but it gives a different message saying that it cant load the video portion and can load only the audio

Here's what i got from Gspot

Thx for any help
    Quote Quote  
  3. hmm, not quite sure why you can't get it to work.

what you can do is load the ogm into virtualdub and create a direct stream copy to avi.
    Quote Quote  
  4. hmmm. ok i' had the same result using Gspot.

so i tried to load the renamed .ogm file into virtualdub and the error is:

cannot detect file type of "c:\lod\lod21.avi"

i also renamed the file back to lod21.ogm and had the same error.

i must say, i really don't understand how just renaming the .ogm file to .avi makes it readable in windows media player. i'm not saying i know a lot about this (ESPECAILLY this) BUT it seems shady just to rename the file and expect media player to be able to play the .ogm file only because it was manually renamed with the .avi extension. maybe if you explained to me how this works, I could find where my particular problem is?

many thanks in advance.

confused,

rsinger
    Quote Quote  
  5. the reason why it works is because ogm is a container for both the audio and video streams.

if you place the file in gspot, you can see that the video portion is encoded with divx, and the audio is encoded using ogg.

if you extract the video portion out of the ogm, you will have video with no sound.

try using virtualdubmod instead of virtualdub.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Is there a program that can encode audio / video things from diffferent .ogg files in a row so I don't have to manually load up each file and tell it what to encode? I want to burn a whole season to a DVD and it will take FOREVER if I have to encode everything by hand...

Thanks!

Edit: I think I saw something about making a batch file, but I couldn't understand it at all..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys.

I have read the previous posts, but can I ask if I should use the same method if I just want it for a VCD?

Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, I recently downloaded a bunch of ogm files, I've read the whole conversation, followed the steps and now i can burn an m2v file to dvd, with english/japanese sound choice and subtitle choice menu, using the steps as described in post 1 and dvd lab pro.

The only problem is: renaming didn't work for me, had to process the file with VirtualDubMod first before i could use it, which worked perfectly for me, but when i try to process this avi file to m2v, which i've tried with several settings(VBR, CBR, different formats), i always get a m2v file with bad graphic quality.
    It shows all kinds of horizontal blurs thru the image, does anybody have an idea on how to fix this please???

Greetings,

Havoc
    Quote Quote  
  9. hello,

maybe its a dvdlab bug, but the subtitles dont work.

i click on the little "Sub1" icon, import the .srt file, press "generate sub stream" and it all works well. i then chose "project/compiledvd", let all options default and press "start". the result is an empty audio_ts and one video_ts folder which holds 2x.bup, 2x.ifo and 2x.vob
    when dragndrop the whole video_ts folder to my PowerDVD, it starts playing the video, but without any subs. the sub entry of powerdvds menu is even greyed out just like there arent any subs included. also mplayer tells me there are no subs in that video included. whats the deal with that?

anyone got an idea?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Okay, how do you change the files to .avi? I rename them with ".avi" at the end, but they stay ogg files, can you help out any?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BEST GUIDE EVER CREATED!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

It was a bumpy road getting it right but using your guide I've achieved what I never thought was possiible until now, perfection in DVD authoring and re-encoding.

For the authoring part I scrapped that TMPGauthor or whatever it's called for the DVD Lab Pro and it's worked perfectly. One thing I had an issue with was that I needed to upgrade my Divx codec to the latest one from their site to eliminate some bad artifacting/blocky issues I was getting with the re-encode from Divx to mpeg2.

But other then that it's been pretty straight forward and I love it, I've achieved exactly what I wanted for once with everything you've explained in the guide.

Again, thank you for this awesome guide.

- Mark
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Uhh, I can't seem to burn the videos. I repeated the steps over and over again, used numerous programs, etc. but all say that either there isn't a recordable cd thing in the drive, or it just plain failed.

I don't know much about this, so I'm sorry if I don't provide enough information. The CD I'm trying to turn stuff into is a DVD-R thingy, if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I tryed to convert a ogm file to dvd but the quality of the video is not good. By fast motions i see poor quality.

I have convert the avi file to m2v with poor quality and i have convert it to mpg with good quality. What can i do to have a good quality on a m2v file. I will burn dvd witch 2 langueages.

Is there a program that burns mpg and wave files togrther? Or can convert the ogm file to m2v with the same quality. Or ist there any other option?

What can i do? I have alredy converted 3 times this file and goot the same result.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi,

I can't seem to add my subtitles. I installed Vobsub and can see now the subtitles when I watch the ogm file (renamed avi) in Media Player, but when I convert it to an m2v in Tmpgenc, the subtitles do not appear. I have the avi file and the srt file in the same folder, and am using Tmpgenc Plus 2.5.

What am I doing wrong? Help!

Mark
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I first tried the method in this guide with mixed results. Quality was degraded, audio sync usually was way off, and for that much trouble and time, I expected nothing less than perfect results.

So I hunted around and found a free program called OGM to AVI and it worked great. Quality remains the same as the original file and audio sync has never once been off for me, and there's only one step involved for the conversion process. Once it's converted to .avi you can do your usual editing.

Download it from http://ogmtoavi.sourceforge.net/ .
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can you but two audios into the dvd with this?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok,

i read this guide and it was very well done. BUT, i didnt fell like going through all these steps and i also couldn't get most programs to work. so i had an idea that it might just work if i used my normal avi to dvd converter (ConvertxtoDvD). so all i really had to do was download the ogm file and then rename to avi and convert with convertx and it had all the subtitles and audio that came in the ogm so i am happy cause now i have one of my favorite anime moies. but your guide was helpfull.

but for all other newbies just think logically like i did and it might just turn out fine. :)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay I know how old this thread is, and I don't know if it's possible to still get help here but I'm having issues with subtitles. when I get the stream list in virtual dub mod, the video stream doesn't come up so I can't demux it by itself, so when I go to make it a m2v file the subtitles are automatically included into it meaning if I add the subtitle srt file into tmpgenc dvd author I get 2 subtitles, one playing on top of the other. is there something I'm doing wrong here or anyway for me to fix this? I don't mind subtitles but I'd like to be able to choose. Any help is greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hehe nevermind I figured it out with vobsub.
    Quote Quote