VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The FBI/Interpol warning is part of the first, main vob and comes after the intro. I know some movies contain seperate vobs for the warning some don't.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm. I must have misread your post, and assumed you meant gradual.

No need to worry about warnings at the end. They won't affect your final output at all.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
  3. OK! I think DVD2AVI is writing invalid AC3 files! So far both Headac3h and AC3 Delay Converter are reporting problems:

Headac3h -
    shows incorrect file length (in other words, the file length is susposed to be 2 hours long, but it's only 37 minutes)

AC3 Delay Converter -
    WARNING> Filelength is not OK.
    WARNING> Possible corrupted file or
    WARNING> last frame is too short.

Any ideas anyone?
    http://encoding.n3.net <-- for all your DVD and CD backup needs!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oh well: I have audio/video sync doing it the way I described several posts (in this thread) ago!
    Quote Quote  
  5. What rev of DVD2AVI are you using?

I still have not upgraded from 1.77.3dg as it works well and not all do.

YMMV

-Suntan
    Quote Quote  
  6. The Help>about shows, "1.77.3 by LOLLJ"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should be using a newer version. I'd suggest the latest from sourceforge. It's no longer called DVD2AVI though. They call it DGIndex (named for Donald Graft). Many bug fixes incorportated into it.

If you want to stick with the original code series, then find the 1.77.3dg1.1.0.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Do you have a link? I can't seem to find 1.77.3dg1.1.0 anywhere... just a link that points to the newer version.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Finally found the new version: dgmpgdec

Still can't find the one you suggested...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's the one, or it should be...according to the help on mine, this is hte official website:

http://neuron2.net/fixd2v/decodefix.html

Note that you will need to update your MPEG2DEC for this new version. All of the files, including the updated mpeg2dec (it's now called dgdecode.dll), can be found using this link:

http://neuron2.net/fixd2v/dgmpgdec1012.zip

Note that you still use the same old command "mpeg2source". You should also remove any old mpeg2dec or mpeg2dec3 dll's from your plugins.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks, that's the one I've been using.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Could anyone help me please? I have a problem running the avisynth script in media player. The following massage is and here is what i have done like in the guide. Step 1
    Step 2..

The avi script played when i change the text to MPEG2Source("D:\Encode\dvd2avi.d2v") ?? is this okey?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What version of dvd2avi are you using?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Im using the dgmpgdec1012 . I have done every step in he guide and when i come to the last part to save the file i got the Error: Statfile not found

Also in my vob files the audio dont seem's to be extracted (demuxed?) in avi2dvd...

And one more thing, if i want to crope X1 and X2 how do i write that in avisynth?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Either your trying to configure XVID for 2nd pass before you do the first pass, or your path to the stat file is incorrect. In the codec settings, next to Encoding Type, click the MORE button, and ensure you have modified the path for the Stat file correctly. It should be ".\video.pass" without the quotes. You can also check to ensure it actually created a video.pass file in your project directory.

Regarding your audio problem, I assume your talking about DVD2AVI, and not AVI2DVD Make sure your audio menu is set to AUDIO -> DOLBY DIGITAL -> DEMUX.

To crop X1 and X2, you would simply increase those parameters using the LanczosResize Command.

LanczosResize(target_width, target_height, src_left, src_top, src_width, src_height)

You increase the SRC_LEFT value, and decrease the SRC_WIDTH to crop the left and right sides of your video. That sets the range of video to sample from the total with. If you start at the 10th pixel position, and take the next 100 pixels in width, from a video that was 200x200 pixels wide, you would sample 100 pixels of the total width, starting from the 10th pixel and taking the next 100 pixels in width. It would look like this

LanczosResize(150,150,10,0,100,200)[/b]
    Quote Quote  
  16. I cant find AUDIO -> DOLBY DIGITAL -> DEMUX in my version of DVD2AVI,im using dgmpgdec1012...

I have entered the wrong path for the stat file
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry guy, I haven't had time to try out the new version. Try grabbing the older version from here, or doom9.org, and resave your project file. If the new version isn't supported, you can get those errors.
    Quote Quote  
  18. looks like i dont have any audio i tried in Auto Gordian Knot but it says i dont have any audio and i cant select audio.. I have installed AC3 filter but i dont now what could be wrong
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Go ahead and run AGK and see if besweet (part of agk) finds the audio. Mine always says I don't have audio, but it still works fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open the file in AVICodec to see if you have all of the necessary codecs installed.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have fixed the problem now. I extracted the audio and encoded it with lame mp3 in Virtual dub mpeg2 and then i did as the guide said

thanks for the help people...
    Quote Quote  
  22. I have a question. If my file tells me that i have 29.970 fps NTCS interlaced what do i choose in DVD2AVI?

Do i choose "If your Frame Rate is: 25.000 fps" (interlaced) or do i choose "If your Frame Rate is: 29.970 fps"

Its difficult because my files are both 29.970 fps and interlaced
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I am trying to encode Anime DVD's. They are NTSC DVD's region 1,2,4. I worked your guide basically, since I have been trying to encode with those tools for quite some time. The programs you use to crop and things I use different programs, but they do the same things . Now when I try and play back my .avi before I have muxed the audio, the .avi starts off fine, just to my liking, but later on during the video it will start to be fuzzy, I mean how do I explain. It looks bad, like the color went wrong. Also in some areas quite often it will like jerk/repeat the same scene again and again. Not like a whole scene, I mean like a 3 sec part of the video will take 5 sec, because in that 3 sec part it will play and go back a little and play and go back a little etc etc. So I am familiar with AVISynth. What filters would you recommend. When I get to the VirtualDubMod step, I add on an internal filter which makes my video look so much better. The Deinterlace Filter helps alot. But what external filters can fix my problems. I get the same problems with AutoGK. I don't like those one - click programs. I like this guide alot. Just that it would help to expose everyone more on the external filters and the capabilites of AVISynth. Then this guide would rock.

And if you are wandering I make .mkv files so I use AAC audio and mux that with my .avi. As well I make Dual Audio Rips. So I have 2 AAC audio files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm..I must have inadvertantly unsubscribed from my own guide

I haven't been getting e-mails to notify me when someone posts a question. Sorry about that.

To answer your question, if your video is true interlaced 29.97 fps, then leave the Force Film option OFF (unchecked). I always verify manually when I have a video that reports this. They are somewhat rare, but more common with sportscasts, news video, and live/cam video. Open the video AVS file in VirtualDub and manually step through the video frame by frame to see if each frame really is interlaced, or if it is a mix of progressive and interlaced. Try to choose a busy scene with a lot of action, as that makes spotting the interlaced frames much easier.

Ultra_Immortal, make sure our deinterlace filter falls before any other pre-processing filters. Usually you'll want to deinterlace almost immediately after you load the avi into AVISynth. Regarding your 'fuzzy' problem, can you post an example? That, and the repeating problem has me intrigued. A copy of your AVISynth script might be a good idea too.

Regarding your question about 3rd party filters, there are hundreds out there. Trying to post information on each would be a guide in itself.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Found a slight error in your guide:

In step 4 you teach that when resizing, one divides 640 by the aspect ratio and the resulting product needs to be divisible by 8. In your table, you still show 640x364 instead of 640x344.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lol..this guide has been up here forever. I can only assume they didn't he math themselves I'll fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi People this post is really great and cool which i hav been searching for past 1 month and i find it really informative. as i wanted to back-up my orginal DVD's using Xvid codec into 700MB file each full with full same DVD quality video+audio. As i started using the steps given in it for .Xvid conversion i downloaded all the programms listed above and kept moving as it said and i hav come to a point where i m unable to pass through STEP :3. it says to type "MPEG2Source("dvd2avi.d2v") " this in a NOTEPAD and save.so wht name should i save the file with ? and where do i find the .AVS file to play in the media player . i m stuck in mid-way and need ur complete gentle assistment frm STEP:3 onwards.

I m a begginer and i hav been trying to convert my FINDING NEMO DVD movie to a .XVID movie of 700MB with excellent video and audio quality. So i kindly request u to explain me step-by-step with total ease frm STEP:3 to STEP:5.

Softwares i m using :
    dvddecrypter 3.5.4.0
    dvd2avi 1.77.4
    AVISynth2.55
    VirtualDub 1.6.10
    Xvid 1.0.3-20122004 (Koepi)

System info:
    Inet P4
    512MB ram
    80GB harddisk

Codec's installed : forceaspi17, ac3filter1.01

i would be very thankful to u if u could assist me online on yahoo or msn which would save ur valuable time and get me the right way ahead.
    yahoo messenger : ad_hrt2003
    msn messenger : mskhan_adil

Please do reply me as soon as possible i m waiting with my DVD2AVI.D2V file for further convertion. i also hav a question tht "HOW CAN WE ALSO ADD MENU OPTIONS TO THE .XVID FILE LIKE THE ORIGINAL DVD MOVIE ?"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can name the file you save in Notepad in step 3 anything you like. Call it "MOVIE.AVS" for example. I've updated the guide since it did not include the info rearding what to save the file as.

Also, be careful that you do not put the quotes around your command lik eyou have above:

"MPEG2Source("dvd2avi.d2v") "

is not correct.

MPEG2Source("dvd2avi.d2v")

is correct.

As for the rest of it, try following the guide. I can't explain it any better than it already is in the guide itself.

Regarding your menu question, you can't use menu's with DivX. It is not like a DVD where you can have a play button, chapter buttons, ect. It simply plays in your player without those things.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Adilkahn

Looks like the DIVX team is working on Menu software now.
    http://forums.divx.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/911101651/m/571105352/r/319107352
    EDIT - hmm just checked again, it might already be out to create divx files like this, not sure about XVID compatibility though.

Also, I've read that if you put your XVID video in a MP4 container, you can have menus and such. Never done it, so can't help.
    Info can be found at Doom9 - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=62723

It looks like a lot of work even if it does work, but I guess this isn't the thread to discuss this.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My video and audio are also not synching too well. It is also off by 1 second. However, I've noticed it's not the audio that's the problem but it's the video that begins a second too late. I've compared the XviD with the original VOB and the latter one definitely begins a second faster. Any idea why this might be?

Also the length of the movie from the DVD (when open with PowerDVD) is 7 seconds shorter than the encoded XviD one. Why is that?
    Quote Quote