VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Office Depot will be having a sale for one week starting on Sunday, May 16th, on the Maxell 15 pack spindle 4X DVD+R disks. These are super quality disks and out the door with tax they'll be about .95 cents each. OD's normal price on these disks is about $2 each at $29.97 for a 15 pack spindle. They are dropping the price three bucks to $26.97 per spindle and it's also a buy one get one free! So like I said, for me that will be about .95 per!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't forget to factor in any coupons that can be used as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Where do you get the coupons? Are -R's on sale also?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    These are just RICOHJPN DVD+R 4x. Nothing special.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. no, the ad only says +R not -R. I think's it's a super deal. These disks are just as great as Taiyo Yudens. The dye is as clean and the parity errors are equally as low. Doesn't make sense to spend an extra .60 for no reason. Of course, everyone has a different burner and different results but these disks are super quality and at this price, it's definitely an excellent buy.

If anyone has a coupon code which will work like those for $10 off, etc, please post it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your officemax coupons. Enjoy.

40323889 - $20 off $100 - exp 5/15
    30332206 - $10 off $30 - exp 5/22
    17629519 - $20 off $100 - exp 5/31
    43844987 - $10 off $50 - exp 5/31 (excludes tech items)
    44503032 - $20 off $100 - exp 6/30
    55538657 - $75 off $500 - exp 7/5 (furniture only)
    41651111 - $20 off $75 - exp 05/31/2004
    61900222 - $20 off $100 - exp 5/31 (good on all technology items excluding hard drives, memory and networking)

16821785 10% (not $) off %50+, expires 05/15

85226122 - 2 Cases of Office Depot Copy Paper (SKU 348-037) for $38 - exp 5/27

91242193 - Free surge protector (SKU 776-071) with HP LaserJet 1300 (SKU 433-009), 2300 (SKU 433-000), or 4200 (670-069) Purchase - exp 5/27
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can get RICOHJPN for less than .95 cents. Don't mix them up with Maxell MXLRG02 discs which are made in Japan. The RICOHJPN discs are made in Taiwan with Japanese dye. ARITA brand is RICOHJPN as well.
    Quote Quote  
  8. OfficeDepot.com New Coupon Codes

Officedepot.com hasthree coupon codes. Exclude drives, memory, and networking but work on printers and other tech products.
    $10 off $30 coupon code 30332206 (Expires 5/22)
    $20 off $75 coupon code 71336133 (Expires 5/31)
    $20 off $100 coupon code 17629519 (Expires 5/31).

happy shopping!
    Quote Quote  
  9. these are one of the best disc's you can buy..even Sony +R are Ricojpn....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by noki
    OfficeDepot.com New Coupon Codes

Officedepot.com hasthree coupon codes. Exclude drives, memory, and networking but work on printers and other tech products.
    $10 off $30 coupon code 30332206 (Expires 5/22)
    $20 off $75 coupon code 71336133 (Expires 5/31)
    $20 off $100 coupon code 17629519 (Expires 5/31).

happy shopping!
    Boy you trying to steal my thunder?
    Quote Quote  
  11. thx for the coupon codes Mr. Orange Pants! That brings the price to about .60 cents per disk. Even if they were .95 cents they'd be a great purchase. The media id that so many talk about means a lot less then people put weight into. For example, as mentioned, the Arita DVD's were RicohJpn, however, the dye quality and disk quality was inferior to the Fuji, Memorex, Sony and Maxell Ricohjpn disks.

Even the Imation ricohjpn disks aren't as high quality as the Fuji, Memorex, Sony, and Maxell. The Imation and Arita weren't as super clean as the other Ricohjpn disks i've used. Those Maxell and Fuji Ricohjpn disks are absolutely immaculate from the top of the spindle to the bottom. At least this has been my experience. I have six different burners, all different brands, and my results are almost identical with these Ricoh disks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. How do you use those Coupon Codes? Are they just for online orders or can you give a Coupon Code number to a cashier at checkout?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I did a phone order with Office Depot last month for the MAXELL DVD-R 4x speed sale buy 1 get 1 free spindle. I could only use the coupon code once. I'm not sure if you can use it more than once if you actually go into the store.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Any one has staples coupon code? recently staples declined 10 off 20 coupon.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 888888
    You can get RICOHJPN for less than .95 cents. Don't mix them up with Maxell MXLRG02 discs which are made in Japan. The RICOHJPN discs are made in Taiwan with Japanese dye. ARITA brand is RICOHJPN as well.

Where can you get RICOHJPN's for less than 95 cents normally? I really doubt this, but if you can prove me wrong i would love to know!

thanx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by naturalzinc
    Originally Posted by 888888

Where can you get RICOHJPN's for less than 95 cents normally? I really doubt this, but if you can prove me wrong i would love to know!

thanx
    I am not saying it's a bad deal. If Maxell brand is important to you, then it is a great deal. Here are a few stores that sell Ritek or Arita brand 50 bulk packs for less than 95 cents.

NewEgg 86 cents in 50 pack + free ship no tax
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-325&depa=0

Review says they are ricohjpnr01. Hopefully will be in stock again soon.

Meritline 82 cents in 100 pack + free ship no tax
    http://www.meritline.com/ritek-4x-dvd-plus-rw-dvdplusrw-blank-media-disc-discs-bulk.html

Am not sure if these are ricohjpn actually, might be ritek.

These are the two I found casually. I bet you could find more bulk packs like this too.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM

the maxell brand really doesnt mean anything to me...media code does.

although i havent heard the best stuff about ritek these days.

thanx for the effort!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It should be noted this sale applies to Maxell DVD-R as well.
    Quote Quote  
  19. yes it -R also- MADE IN JAPAN! (so far)
    http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=650400

use the coupon below for $10 off and free shipping!

OfficeDepot.com has the Maxell 15-Pack 4x DVD+R or DVD-R Spindle for $27. Add two packs plus additional $3.03 filler item to reach $57 - $27 off buy one get one free code 36384518 [Exp 5/22] - $10 off $30 code 30332206 [Exp 5/22] = $20 with free shipping.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what would you suggest as a $3.03 filler item? :P

seriously tho, i cant think of anything.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just got back from OD and tested the media. They are TYGO1!

I got 30 TYs and a 12 pak of jewel cases for 22.75!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i think this was brought up before, but not answered... do u need a coupon code if u go to the store, or do u need a physical coupon, or is it automatically marked-down?

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The 2 for 1 coupon code is only needed online. The in store checkout clerk should know that what items are buy one get one free at the register.
    Quote Quote  
  24. for filler I got electronics cleaner spray:
    http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=592093

but that's almost $3 more than you need to spend... but I needed it...so...

maybe some water based permanent markers for labeling?
    binder clips are cheap filler usually.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by steelyken

Are the TY's DVD-R or DVD+R?

nero_wolfe
    "Archie, a beer!!!!!"
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The discs I bought were DVD-R. Maxell DVD+Rs I have bought have all been RICOHJPN01.

As far as the coupon goes, I ordered online for in-store pickup. I wasn't hassled about the coupon, but if you were to get hassled they couldn't do anything about it because it is already paid.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Just bought two packs of the DVD-R's. Threw in a mechanical pencil and replacement lead for a total of $21.98 including tax and shipping.

Great deal.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I got some of the DVD-Rs. The media code is MXL RG02. They're made in Japan.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

I thought only FUJI DVD-R 4x discs are TYG01. MAXELL DVD-R 4x discs from what I've seen are MXL RG02 made in Japan. Are you sure the discs you got are TYG01? Could you show us the media code by using DVDINFO PRO? Because it would provide more info on media codes. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDeeZ, this was an awesome sale...thank you for the info, may i ask how you found out about it ahead of time? is there a way to find out about these sales without being on a mailing list? C-note provided us with this wonderful link http://www.salescircular.com (this is one way, im wondering how you found out about it)

Mr. Orange Pants kinda the same question to you...where do u find the coupon codes? preferably w/out being on a mailing list?

sorry about all the questions guys and thanx for the help
    Quote Quote