VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got some of these disks & just had a chance to try them today. BIG MISTAKE! I got the + and have had nothing but skips. Needles to say I'm very disappointed. They are RICOHJPN01. I was using TDK + discs before that, that were also RICOHJPN01 & didn't have anywhere near the problems. I re-fragged the hard drive & turned everything off & still got skips. I then tried one of the TDK's just to make sure with the same movie, same software, everything the same & it came out fine. Burned & plays ok. And here I thought, with all the good things everyone has been saying about the Maxell's, that I was getting one of the best disks you can get. No such luck. What's more interesting is that the Maxell's, along with the TDK's are on the recommended list for my burner. Just before I had gotten the Maxell's I had gotten a 25 pack of Memorex +, which turned out to be CMC & I had the same problem with them that I'm having with the Maxell's. What's even more interesting is that - disks aren't even recommended for my burner & I borrowed a Memorex - disk from a friend that turns out to be a ProdiscS03 & that is the best disk I've tried so far. Go figure.
    Anyone out there that can recommend disks that will burn on a Lite-on 451S & playback on a Cyber-Home 300 without problems?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that scares me b/c i had someone buy me some of the Maxell (+)s. Havent gotten a chance to test em yet tho. The (-)s i got work fine. Can anyone else replicate/verify that there are probs w/ these RICOHJPN maxells?

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I tried burning them at 2.4x and that seems to be working. But, I'm not thrilled that I have to burn 4x Maxell's at 2.4x. I don't really need speed in burning but it's just the idea if it. I don't think I'm going to buy any more of these.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like a classic CMC problem...anyone else have it w/ these specific Maxell RICOHJPN's? never heard of any problems like this w/ RICOH's.
    Quote Quote  
  5. well, i did the deal on friday night and i recieved my package today! only to find JUST the markers! and the invoice had it down for JUST the markers! I'm hoping they just ran out and will send later, however that doesnt help me much right now.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,

F.Y.I. - The deal at OfficeDepot this week is the buy 1 get 1 free for Philips 25-pk DVD+R. The deal is not as good as the the Maxell deal, because the 25-pk Philips is for $39.94. Anyway, the buy 1 get 1 free coupon for this deal is 76736253.

Cheers,
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    know the media code for phillips? anyone? thanx
    Yellow-Haired Warrior...Go
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    know the media code for phillips? anyone? thanx
    they are CMC OR RICOH.

F.Y.I. - The deal at OfficeDepot this week is the buy 1 get 1 free for Philips 25-pk DVD+R. The deal is not as good as the the Maxell deal, because the 25-pk Philips is for $39.94. Anyway, the buy 1 get 1 free coupon for this deal is 76736253.
    Not here in HONOLULU, HAWAII the sale is for MAXELL DVD-/+ for this week. We're one week behind the rest of the USA. I like it cuz we're able to get the MAXELL'S for the sale price for 2 weeks. When it was on sale on the mainland the other week I was still able to get it via phone order and picked it up at my local OFFICE DEPOT.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz
    they are CMC OR RICOH.
    oh great , not worth the risk then. thanx
    Yellow-Haired Warrior...Go
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't believe I missed it. There's another sale at OD for a Philips brand. It's a 50-pack, buy one get one free for $79.97 each. Is that good? It's the only DVD-R for sale this week. I desperately looking for replacements for my generic DVD-R; they're a bit faulty.

Also, I don't have the actual newspaper ad or anything but I saw the ad at OD's website. It says it needs a coupon code. How do you get those? I saw some coupon codes on page 1 of this topic, how do you use those?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you don't need any coupon for OFFICE DEPOT, the cashier rings up the coupon codes therefore you get the sale price of the discs. are you in hawaii by any chance? because those are on sale in the hawaii ad for OFFICE DEPOT. Philips media codes are mostly CMC which is crappy media in my opinion. Go to COSTCO the hawaii kai location if you're in honolulu. the TDK 25 spindle packsDVD-R 4x Speed discs are media code TTG01 which is better than CMC. it's buy one spindle get one free and you don't need the coupons either. they'll have the front end supervisor come with the coupon code, then the cashier will ring it up. Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I live in Waikiki. Will the one in Waikiki have it? How do I know if one is CMC or not? Also, how much is the TDK offer?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How do I know if one is CMC or not?
    take a look at lordsmurfs site regarding Philips dvd media:'
    www.nomorecoasters.com

the TDK DVD-R 4X speed at COSTCO is $24.99 buy one get one free.
    why take a chance on Philips media and by the way you're going off topic here. this thread was about MAXELL MEDIA @ OFFICE DEPOT weeks ago. Go to COSTCO in hawaii kai and get those TDK DVD-R 4x speed discs because you won't be disappointed in them. the hawaii kai COSTCO has media code TTG01 which is fine. in my opinion don't waste your time with Philips media.

take a look at this thread regarding COSTCO TDK DVD MEDIA SALE.
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=231072
    Quote Quote