VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, guys, I have got 43 rar files - each one has a separate bin and cue file - per CD and it is a 2xCD movie (VCD I think). How do I get all the rar files to merge into 1 so I can make the movie into VCDs, please? I want to ultimately convert it all into MPEG so I can make my own DVD of the entire movie.
    I don't have to unzip each of the 43 (x2) rar files and put them into the correct order, and then start making ISO files, do I? If so, where do I start, I have never done this before.
    Finally, is there a freeware version of an MPEG joiner out there because when I finally have the 2 halves of the film in the proper format, I guess I then have to join them together to make them into 1 movie?
    Sorry for all the questions, again, but I am once more in uncharted territory - and 43 separate .rar files to make one half of a movie has got me totally lost about where to start first.

Hi, you may or may not be talking about WAREZ.
    Please read the rules and AUP before posting if you have
    not already done so. They can be viewed by clicking
    [HERE]
    Thanks,
    Mod Offline
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by venomm
    Hi, guys, I have got 43 rar files - each one has a separate bin and cue file - per CD and it is a 2xCD movie (VCD I think).
    Ok lets get the obvious out of the way first....Warez u get this from ????

So lets see you have extracted a rar once to get 43 others rars in a folder. Correct...
    You are wrong in that each rar file has a bin and cue in it...Added together they will make the bin and cue... So using winrar you would go to the folder where they are the file/select all then extract to.... Vola you have a bin and cue....
    To join just get svcd2dvd costs you a Ģ10.... perfect copies every time...

Warning the message will self destruct in 24 hours to avoid me getting in trouble....
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for your advice, iooi, I have now got 1 bin and 1 cue file per folder and I'm off to see if I can get them to an iso, or something that resembles a file I can identify.
    And as for racer-x: I do NOT advocate the selling, buying or distribution of Warez or similar - there are more ways to get multiple rar files in your PC other than the deliberate downloading of Warez. If you look carefully at previous posts to this forum you would know this to be the case - it is people like you who give helpful forums like this a bad name!! Fortunately it would seem that you are in the minority. Thank you to the moderator and others who DO help here, and who do not simply post uninformed judgements about other "posters." It would be interesting to look at the contents of YOUR PC, CD-rack etc before you have a go at someone else - "People who live in glass houses........etc."
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    burn the bin/cue files with nero or cdrwin to cds
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Or rip the bin's apart with ISOBuster and extract the mpegs.
    Reauthor with chapters and menus in your fave app.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks, BJ_M, I think I only have one question now: once I've got the files on CD, how can I get them off again and into an MPEG format so I can Author them to try to create my own DVD, please? Sorry for my confusion, but this part of things is completely new to me - I'm OK once something is a SVCD or an avi file - it's getting there that I haven't done yet.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by venomm
    Sorry for my confusion, but this part of things is completely new to me - I'm OK once something is a SVCD or an avi file - it's getting there that I haven't done yet.
    Get svcd2dvd it will take the bin & cue files and convert them to dvd files ready to burn....All for a small sum of Ģ10
    Quote Quote  
  8. When you extract RARs you get Bin & Cue but be aware that your system attaches a RAR icon to the main large file after extraction. It is not a RAR file but an ISO file ready to write, don't extract it again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nero burns bin cue too. And just for the record, if I have something that is large, and I need to move it across the web, I use multiple rar files, and I also use PAR files if I think there is a chance of any problems. Just because it was developed for pirates does not make it a bad thing for legal use.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Back again!! I have got the file down to a single movie about 4.4GB but Nero, Shrink etc will not burn it to a disc - I got "Invalid Command Field" message, it said it "could not perform disc at once" function. Have I authored or done something else wrong in the steps up to this, please? When I finally get this right, by the way, I will write my own guide and post it so others don't have to go through what I am.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not to many seem to have any problems .. how did you end up wih a 4.4 gig file from 2 bin/cue files ?

are you trying a make a dvd ?

what have you done and what are you trying to do ?
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks for replying, BJ_M, I had 2x Bin/Cue files wrapped up in rar files, I have extracted them 2 make 2 movie files, merged them into one file/movie - which is over 5GB in size - I have Authored and Shrunk them with Shrink and then tried to burn them to a DVD disc, but it will not burn them. I keep getting the above message(s). Shrink tells me that the files have been saved and it is possible to burn them using the correct software - which I thought I had - but still no luck in this last stage for some reason. Any thoughts, please? Regards, V
    Quote Quote  
  13. SORTED!! I have been trying to write to a DVD-RW disc (too many errors and costly beer mats made in the past) and my writer did not like it at all. I finally decided to risk it and write to a blank disc and it worked!! Thanks for all the help, guys, I'll write my own guide of how to turn multiple .rar files into a DVD and post it, if that is acceptable?
    Quote Quote  
  14. That would be great, thx.
    Post to the guides forum.
    Quote Quote  
  15. A "How to...." Guide about how I finally managed to get through the entire, laborius process from start to finish is now posted. Be Nice!!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Here's a how to do the same using svcd2dvd....
    1. Unrar your files to bin and cue
    2. select bin and cue files in svcd2dvd, Press start
    3. Burn resultant files in nero...

As you may have noticed i like svc2dvd for doing this process, so simple and easy to do..
    Quote Quote  
  17. Who makes svc2dvd, please? Running out of money now!!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Link Here Only Ģ10 for lifetime upgrades and even better there is a forum on this site here devoted to the product and support of it...
    Have fun i have and the Ģ10 it cost me has been repaid over many times already and i've only had it less than a year.
    Quote Quote