VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an XviD that I'm trying to convert to SVCD. I have Nimo's Codec Pack and XviD-1.0-05042004 _Release Candidate 4_ installed. I still get the unsupported error in TMPGEnc. . Is there something I can do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Load it into Gspot and see what it tells you about the video codec. you may need additional and/or other codecs.

*Edit*- also in the environmental settings raise the priority of the Direct show multimedia file reader to the highest on the list.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The first thing I advise is that you get rid of that Nimo pack. If all codec packs are evil, Nimo has to be none other than Satan. Stay away from codec packs. They cause more problems than they solve. If you have a movie that doesn't play, find out which codec you need with G-spot and install only what you need. You can find most codecs in the tools section here. As for the TMPGEnc problem, if the file is actually Xvid(confirm with G-spot), FFDSHOW should allow it to be opened.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Okay, it's DivX 3 Low-Motion (video codec) and at the top of the codec list is ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    At the top of what codec list?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Okay, at the bottom of the GSpot window, it says Video Path (after I clicked the Render button) is (S) --> AVI Splitter --> DivXAntiFreeze --> DivX Decoder Filter --> (R). I'm not sure which filter/decoder it uses b/c I'm not sure where to look in GSpot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you able to see the video when you try playing it? Also the only information I need from G-spot is the 4cc. It's in the upper right corner of the main screen.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Well, in DivX Player, it plays fine. The 4CC is DIV3 (Name = DivX 3 Low-Motion). Hope this helps you help me
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try installing FFDSHOW, then see if TMPGEnc can open the file.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I installed FFDShow, but now the video just crashes. After 2 seconds, GSpot, Windows Media Player, and DivX Player crash. TMPGEnc still gives the unsupported error. I got rid of Nimo's Codecs and DivX, then installed FFDShow and DivX after that. Same problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You might want to try changing the 4cc to DIVX instead of DIV3. I can't find a link to a 4cc changer just now but you should have one if you have the latest xvid codec installed. Check the "XVID" folder in your program files directory(usually C:\Program Files\Xvid).

If that doesn't work you could try Frameserving With Vdub.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Okay, I think it's all working okay now. How do I change the 4cc with GSpot?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't change it with G-spot. If everything is working now you shouldn't have to do so.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Ah, k. Thanks for your help everybody! Just as another little question, should I install DivX (from www.divx.com), and then afterwards those XviD codecs at http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml ? I don't think I'll install that Nimo Codec Pack anymore unless I need a codec I don't have from XviD/DivX.
    Quote Quote