VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. After following your instructions (I'am making a menu for 7 movies).
    I never got the two VIDEO_TS files only the VTS_XX.
    What I'am doing wrong ? Any suggestion is welcome because I like the program and after all it should work.

Thanks, Moborunner
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does anyone know in DVD Lab-Pro how to make it so that when you're in a certain scene and you hit the "menu" button on your remote, it will go back to the appropriate scene selection menu instead of always going back to the root menu? Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by moborunner
    After following your instructions (I'am making a menu for 7 movies).
    I never got the two VIDEO_TS files only the VTS_XX.
    What I'am doing wrong ? Any suggestion is welcome because I like the program and after all it should work.

Thanks, Moborunner
    Sounds like you didn't create the menus in the VMG domain ... this is such a late reply that you probably have found the answer yourself.

...BTW, I only recently found this guide, it's great!
    Quote Quote  
  4. hi,

i've followed the steps one by one to create a main menu linking to six titles. no autoplay, no nothing else. plain VMG menu. every title in the main menu links to command2. and of course, i add a test .m2v to the project so that test compiling can take place.

command 1
    GPRM0 = 1
    if (GPRM1 == GPRM0) JumpTT 1
    GPRM0 = 2
    if (GPRM1 == GPRM0) JumpTT 2
    GPRM0 = 3
    if (GPRM1 == GPRM0) JumpTT 3
    GPRM0 = 4
    if (GPRM1 == GPRM0) JumpTT 4
    GPRM0 = 5
    if (GPRM1 == GPRM0) JumpTT 5

command 2
    GPRM3 = 0
    GPRM1 = SPRM8
    GPRM1 /= 1024
    LinkPGCN 3

i test compile it and play it in windvd. the main menu comes up (good!) but then the menu vanishes! (bad thing). no ifo editing yet since this test should run ok. if the main menu vanishes then something must be wrong... i just know i've followed every step.

please, any tip is welcome!

regards,
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have followed these directions as best I could and NOTHING works..

My scenario is this....

I have an anime dvd made with no menus so i dont have chapter selection which is a pain in the bum...anyhow this disk consists of 12 episodes, each episode has 12 chapters. The audio can be turned off and there are no subtitles. I need to convert it or re encode it or whatever so it has a menu with episode selection...can anyone help me>??
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a little off topic, but is it possible to add connections to make each movie play consecutively as well as a new VMG menu?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    to mewmix

I have a small guide on how to use your own menu for selecting episodes
    I hope this link works
    https://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=292430
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm working on reauthoring a DVD using the same motion menu but adding new chapter links, and am having issues with creating "stationary" chapter buttons/frames...because I use a motion menu that is 4:3 "letterboxed", after the DVD was compiled I needed to modify the menu setting in IFOedit to be "16:9, auto pan and scan". I have a 4:3 TV and the menu ratio on my new DVD looks identical to that of the original DVD I ripped it from, so success. I assume that for a widescreen TV the menu would look larger yet appropriately fine in terms of ratio.

Since I don't currently have a widescreen TV but will one day, I wanted to make sure the chapter frames looked ok...so I changed the DVD setting to be 16:9, which naturally skewed the menu. The problem that happens when I do that --or when I play the DVD on my PC -- is that the chapter buttons are not in the correct location on the menu, obviously not adjusting to the new display ratio. However when I look at the commercial DVD I ripped the menu from, the chapter buttons always stay in the correct location regardless of the DVD setting being 4:3 or 16:9.

Would anyone have any idea why this is happening, and how to correct? I have tried everything, it's driving me nuts. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Excuse my ignorance...What's VTS Menu and a VGM Menu?
    Greetings,
    Fede
    Quote Quote