VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. firstly sorry, I dont like asking newbie questions but im really stuck and I couldnt find what I was looking for in the archives.

my problem is ive got a movie split into three parts with AC3 and I want to join them preserving the dolby sound if I can.I used virtualdub to recompress the video and tryed direct streaming the AC3 but it didnt work (I get the message "AviParser:readInputFilter[] Failed to read:8") when I try and play it so im guessing the AC3 has to be joined/recompressed into a single source too.Ive looked through a lot of guides but I cant seem to find what im looking for so can someone please help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are going to encode these files and put them on dvd then you dont need to join them,just author them in the same track with the original ac3 files as audio.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have a look at THIS GUIDE.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thx for replys,

@ andyp1
    thx,I found that guide after looking through all the pages this morning and followed the first steps with Virtualdub mod since I want to keep the .avi format and not convert to mpeg

The problem is with the encodeded finished avi. when I try and veiw it in divx player I get the message: "AviParser:readInputFilter[] Failed to read:8" and the movie doesnt load,I tryed it in virtualdubmod and can veiw the video but no audio. Since the files work no problem before encoding I guess I must be doing something wrong but ive followed the steps carefully but I always get the same result.
    Quote Quote