VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I recently bought a digital video camera, a Panasonic SV-AV-100, which records good mpeg2 video (702x480) direct to SD cards. This is cool, because the video is already digital, with all the digital access advantages, instead of being on tape, which requires transfer before using.

As many of you will point out, mpeg2 is "lossy" which doesn't lend itself naturally to editing, etc without losing some quality, and the camera's video quality isn't as good as a nice DV camera. I'm not selling the camera, but some people (like me) are attracted to the already digital format, and small size of the camera.

This site has been extremely helpful as I learn about working with the output from the sv-av-100, but not always applicable to my own personal experience due to the different nature of the camera. There is a wealth of knowledge here, and I appreciate that.

However, on the news front, www.jackbrown.us/camera/ provides a forum for sv-av-100 camera users can exchange information specific to this camera. If you are interested in this particular camera, check it out. It's no replacement for information here, but can help people with the unique challenges from the sv-av-100.

Tim
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a damned peddler to me
    Quote Quote