VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I went to the link in this site on how to convert from vcd,but I can't find any of the files that the tutorial mentioned.
    How can I convert this 2 cd's which are in vcd,into mpg so I can play it in a vhs?
    thanks.
    Rigo.F
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think you may need to rephrase you question into something that makes sense.

vcd IS mpeg
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If what you want to do is record a vcd to VHS tape, put the VCD in and then just hook your VCR to the composite output of your player or computer, along with sound out and hit record.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Rigo
    I went to the link in this site on how to convert from vcd,but I can't find any of the files that the tutorial mentioned.
    What type file extentions did you find.... That might help us.
    Quote Quote  
  5. well,so why people convert all the time dvd's to mpg files? dvd is mpg too..

What I need is convert this vcd into mpg and using a hardware I can play the mpg in my PC and send the signal into a vcr and record into a vhs tape.
    I think the question makes sense,because if you play the vcd movie you can't send the signal into de VCR because is using a software to reproduce the signal,but if you play a mpg file using a hardware,then you send the signal with the capture card into the VCR.
    Rigo.F
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Playing the mpg alone doesnt get played by hardware,it gets played by windows media player or any other s/w,just output the video and audio to your vhs when playing by whatever s/w you want such as windvd or powerdvd or even navigate to your vcd and open the dat file with windows media player.Dvd isnt just mpg2,its several media streams including mpg2 in a vob container.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. well,that what my video capture do,the thing is that I don't know how to convert the vcd movie into something that my capture card can process,and that is mpg,yes,in the computer also I can play the mpg file with WMP
    But, I will try it to connect the stabdalone dvd player(which can read vcd's) into my VCR and Record.
    thanks
    Rigo.F
    Quote Quote  
  8. I didn't had any idea that I could record direct from the standalone dvd player to the tv/vcr combo,so now when I dont feel that I want to use another dvd+r or dvd-r for a movie,I will just use a VHS tape.
    thanks.
    Rigo.F
    Quote Quote