VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone !
    I got a problem when I was trying to open a mpg file ( VCD ) using the TMPGEnc , when I browse to the file I want to convert , an error message appears, the following : File "C:\[File Location]" Can not open, or unsupported

Why this happens ? I remember that I used this programm before and I opened a VCD file withought any problem ... Any Idea please ?
    I'll be thankfull for any help .

Best Wishes !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by apalace
    Hi everyone !
    I got a problem when I was trying to open a mpg file ( VCD ) using the TMPGEnc , when I browse to the file I want to convert , an error message appears, the following : File "C:\[File Location]" Can not open, or unsupported

Why this happens ? I remember that I used this programm before and I opened a VCD file withought any problem ... Any Idea please ?
    I'll be thankfull for any help .

Best Wishes !
    Click here.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your answer ...
    I looked in the URL you gave me , then I installed MPEG2 Plugin but it didn't help .

The file I want to open is mpg a VCD file not SVCD ... I hope there is possibility to open such files in that programm to convert it to anything else ..

Thanks for any help !
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The link I gave says to adjust the directshow priority of the environmental settings. Did you do that?
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Tommyknocker
    The link I gave says to adjust the directshow priority of the environmental settings. Did you do that?
    Yes I did , but no luck

I think DirectShow is usefull for AVI files ... But I did what you said , no luck .. isn't it possible to open the VCD ( mpg1 ) files in this programm to convert it ?
    The programm I use is ver. Plus 2.521.58.169

Any help please ??
    Quote Quote  
  6. Anyone just answers me is it possible to open VCD ( mpg ) file in TMPGen to convet it to other Format ?
    Is it just possible or not ?

Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, TMPGEnc should be able to read mpg1. The question is - why would you want to reencode a VCD spec mpg? It's bad enough already!

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is your source mpeg a dat file instead of mpg? That might explain why TMPGEnc can't read the file. But just as mats.hogberg asked, why are you re-encoding?
    Quote Quote