VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, i have made some DVDs before and they all worked fine i always used TMPGEnc and did Full screen (keep aspect ratio) but this time i made a movie with the same settings and when i play it in my dvd its smaller then the tv screen... the movie resolution is square just like a TV (its not widescreen) but when it playes its centered in the middle of the TV screen and its smaller then the tv (has margins from up, down, left and right) what can i do about this?

thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    did you by any chance hit center?
    Quote Quote  
  3. no, im pretty sure i did full screen (keep aspect ratio)... there is still a chance i could have made a mistake... is there a way to check what the video will look like once burned on DVD? none of my players will play the .m2v file...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    if you have powerdvd or windvd, you can use it to play your file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. btw when i import it it does the field judging thing and it sets the video type to interlace and field order to field B... could this be why?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I say be glad. Unless you've got a Plasma or LCD display, you've managed to do what many a home theatre fanatic would only dream of - getting around the overscan problem.

I don't know what source you are using, but could it be that the source already had borders?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I thought about that and looked at the original move and it didnt have borders. im ganna try it again and make SURE i put it on full screen (keep aspect ratio) and see if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thunderroms
    im ganna try it again and make SURE i put it on full screen (keep aspect ratio) and see if it works.
    If you didn't save your settings template and your original didn't have borders, you might as well do a few different versions. By this I mean that you could use any of the Source aspect ratio/Video arrange method combinations and see how they look.

I highly recommend you use Settings -> Source range. Make the source range a couple of thousand frames so you're not re-encoding the whole of your original over and over again. Also make sure to name your resultant encodes with the method you used (i.e. Source aspect ratio/Video arrange method) so you can note in which order you authored them on your DVD.
    Quote Quote