VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is also worth pointing out that unless you decrypt the disc, you need to put the original DVD into your drive in order to play the files on your hard drive. Hence the need for a program like DVDDecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gitreel
    they are not trying to. they are trying to get everbody off of 9x as 9x is a security risk and is going to be unsupported in 2007. There will no longer be windows updates to keep your computer current on the latest vulnerabilities.
    It's probably a low-percentage move from a virus creator's point of view to only attack a vulnerability in Win98. Why not piss off a helluva lot more people and attack something in Windows 2000/XP ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Nilfennasion
    It is also worth pointing out that unless you decrypt the disc, you need to put the original DVD into your drive in order to play the files on your hard drive.
    Does that actually work ?

Say I have copied the files off an encrypted DVD to my Hard Drive in Windows Explorer. I double-click VTS_01_1.VOB on my hard drive. Are you saying that DVD Playback software is hard-coded to check all optical drives for the encryption keys ? I'm thinking of the case where you have a DVD-ROM and a burner. It would need to check both (ie. all optical drives) for your statement to be true.

I would have thought that the CSS keys are retrieved from the same source drive as the IFOs, BUPs and VOBs. I'm open to persuasion though
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote