+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. www.nero.com

Dunno whats new but it's out
    Rick
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It was actually released yesterday, click on Nero burning rom for the history.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Damn that was fast!
    Rick
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not really news as nero has a new version almost weekly ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  5. And its still as crap as ever!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    that is your opinion energy, however I use Nero on both of my computers and on all computers I build. I do not think it is crap at all. Just because you do not like something, that does not mean the software is crap or useless.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yawn... and the sun also rose again this morning...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. hahah...gotta love those positive comments bout another nero release..

new version NERO 6.P.O.S.again.
    Quote Quote  
  9. This crappy Nero works for me.

RNM too

I wonder why
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Nero is fine for VCDs but useless for DVDs. I would never buy it again when there are better products out in the marketplace.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It is not useless for dvd's. I burn dvd's all the time using nero 6. Keep your uneducated opinions to yourself. Just because you have problems, does not mean someone else does.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by energy80s
    Nero is fine for VCDs but useless for DVDs. I would never buy it again when there are better products out in the marketplace.
    When was the last time you tried it for burning DVD's?

I know a couple of guys who had bad experience with Nero about 1.5 yrs ago.
    I just told them to give the latest Nero Express a try (DVD).
    They were very surprised.

I bet you would be too.
    Quote Quote  
  13. No, once bitten, twice shy.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Sign of aging isn't it.....
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by energy80s
    No, once bitten, twice shy.
    That was a good song.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I really hate those Nero sucks - no it doesn't! arguments, but what keeps me off the Nero band wagon is the fact that for every new release (and as we all know, there are plenty!) you have no idea what's fixed (well, I guess there's some revision history soon equaling The Bible somewhere but...) and, more important, what they've managed to break in this release. Seems like their QA department is either non existing, or terribly under staffed. If they took their product for a test drive themselves before releasing it, maybe they wouldn't have to release quite that often? They seem more fond of adding more and more bells and whistles than fixing the basic functions.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    they suffer from the microsoft mentality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they suffer from the microsoft mentality.
    I'll drink to that!

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    I really hate those Nero sucks - no it doesn't! arguments, but what keeps me off the Nero band wagon is the fact that for every new release (and as we all know, there are plenty!) you have no idea what's fixed (well, I guess there's some revision history soon equaling The Bible somewhere but...) and, more important, what they've managed to break in this release. Seems like their QA department is either non existing, or terribly under staffed. If they took their product for a test drive themselves before releasing it, maybe they wouldn't have to release quite that often? They seem more fond of adding more and more bells and whistles than fixing the basic functions.

/Mats
    click on nero burning rom.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nero rules -- it's every computer that suck!!!

Seriously, I use constantly specially for DVD so there!!!!
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have to admit last summer, Nero 6 was pretty rocky. Lots of things didn't work well enough to burn a DVD, but after the revisions, it's become a usable tool. There are still parts that I find aren't worth using because of crashes, like Nero-Mix, Nero Wave Editor, Nero SoundTrax, Nero Showtime.

I do get good use out of NeroVision Express, Nero Burning Rom, Nero Express and Nero Recode.

The other parts of the Nero Suite I haven't tried to use since last summer. I have no idea if Nero Cover Designer, Nero BackItUp or Nero ImageDrive work.

For the money, I believe Nero is a good value, at least for me. With it I can make full length Movie DVDs that play in several different players, with a good selection of special effects and customized menus. I like the way I can stitch several home movie sections together with interesting fades, titling, and alternate sound tracks with NeroVision too.

When I bought Nero, I was just looking for a DVD and CD burning program, but I got that plus a lot more. I'm sure Ahead, a smallish company with limited resources, will continue to thrash out the bugs remaining, and that all of the Nero applications will become reliable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Frequent updates = buggy program?

Just like windows XP it has never ending update and patch history and still counting...

Maybe the time used creating this updates took longer than creating original versions of these programs and maybe more codes too ...

oh well i least they are trying to fix the problem... as long as it's working for you then stick with it!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    windows XP it has never ending update and patch history

XP has only one service pack so far, no real patchs - its one very stable software, (months and months of uptime) - and thats all i ever installed untill sp2 comes out -- which i will prob. skip and i only install odd numbered service packs ...

i did install the security patch rollup
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    Yawn... and the sun also rose again this morning...

/Mats
    ROTFLMAO!
    Quote Quote