VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey guys i have a doubt...lets suppose i want a make a dvd with subtitles...if i put the subtitles into the avifile (permanent subtitles), and then convert it to dvd...and then author it with dvdlab..will it work? once i burn my dvd, will the subtitles show?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    yes, permanent subtitles will always show...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    any idea of how to convert avi to dvd without getting the little buzzing in the sound?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make a new topic instead. dvd-lab is no avi to dvd converter.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx!!!! this tutorial was great!!! with lots of screenshots..
    nice!!
    My projects:
    Tramadol Info
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    This is a grate forum for DVD-Lab
    I am using DVD-Lab-Pro ver2.2 and have a question.
    Can anybody explain how subtitle "Margin Change" window works. When I use left side and change the Bottom number, subtitles move down on the project. Right side "Base line alignment" does not seem to do much. What is this suppose to do?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, thanks for this tutorial!

But I've read through this thread and I still don't understand how to make a DVD with several movies.

I have 8 VOB files that I have put in 8 seperate movies, and I have created from 3 to 4 chapter points in each of them. I created a root menu and a play all object, and I linked the play all in the menu. However, I have burned the DVD and it plays fine on my player, but it won't recognize the chapter points. When I press on forward I just get a cross. Also, when I insert the DVD, it doesn't go to the menu, it plays the 8th VOB straight away.

What I'd like it to do is actually play all automatically and only go to the root menu right at the end of if I press on the menu button. I'd also like the chapters to be recognized by the player. Here's a screen cap of my connections:

If anyone could please explain what I'm doing wrong, that'd be great. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Novie
    I saw your picture and the way your player is working is OK. You have TITLE and FIRST PLAY buttons attached to your first movie and than all movies connected together. End of the 8th movie will return to ROOT menu. The way you have it, you do not need PLAY LIST and root menu can be empty and it will play all movies same way (they are all connected).
    If you want to play ROOT menu first, when you insert DVD, you have to connect FIRST PLAY button to it. Than I assume there is a button in the menu to connect to PLAY LIST. You can than have connection as they are or take all movie connections OFF, exept first from TITLE button, because PLAY LIST will take care of it.
    If You want to have it as is, you can get rid of PLAY LIST and connect "Play All" menu button to firs movie. It will do the same as PLAY LIST now.
    As for chapters it should work unless they are not there any more.
    Hope it helps
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks tinker! I'll try that.

I think I know why the chapters weren't working now, it's because the videos I used had a GOP problem. Meaning instead of a running time they just had "0-GOP", so the chapters could not actually be detected.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Movie
    I do not know what you mean. Because when you see video clip in DVD_Lab, that is where you put chapters.
    Only thing you should do is to rebuild each clip to "Frame Index", than the chapters will show where you want them.
    To do that go to MOVIE-FRAME INDEX-REBUILD FRAME INDEX.
    Once you do that red flag indicating chapter will change to green diamond.
    Good Luck
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey I am having a similar problem to one mentioned a couple pages ago and I can't make sense of the solution.

I have a project with five movies. One movie has an alternate audio track, while the other four do not. The disc works great, my only problem is that after selecting and watching the alternate audio track, all the other movies play silent - because audio is still on audio 2 even though there is no audio 2 for those movies.

How do I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    poonhead
    I do not know how you select your audio tracks, but what I would try to copy tracks of other movies in second audio ,have two tracks for those other movies also.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    poonhead
    I do not know how you select your audio tracks, but what I would try to copy tracks of other movies in second audio ,have two tracks for those other movies also. This is easy way. Otherwise you will have to go through VM command to link other movies back to track1 audio after movie with track2 is played.
    If you go to Mediachence.com web site and go DVD-Lab Pro, Start Here, Tricks&Tips.
    There is lots of articles to give you some idea about commands and other good hints.
    It is worth to read.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Tinker I will go read up now.
    I don't want to add more audio tracks, because my project is already so big it will only fit on a dual layer disc, which I will probably end up compressing with clonedvd, so that I can make multiple copies on single layer discs. I don't want to add redundant data like duplicate audio tracks, cause it will only lower the overall quality when I compress it.
    Also for some reason, when I add multiple extra audio tracks, the movie will stall and pause and stop and the sound will go out of sync... this happened when I had 3 audio tracks on one movie file.

.....Haven't found a solution yet on mediachance.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, the solution I went with was adding SetSTN (audio=0) to the VM pre command (thanks Yapmid.)
    Now I have a new problem: My project has a main movie with two audio tracks. The audio on both tracks skips and stutters and gets all screwed for about 30 seconds in the same spot on the finished DVD. It is not the medium, as I've made many copies. And the sound files are flawless 48000, 16 bit wav files. When I burn the same project with only one of these, the sound is fine. Please help! I'm pulling my hair out.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm gonna apologise in advance because #

1) I'm a newb
    2) I'm gonna ask some really stupid questions

I basically have a movie which is in Xvid format and has a .avi file extension. I would like to convert this to a DVD format and watch it on my TV. Now I normally just use Nero Vision for this task, however in this particular instance I want to add subtitles to this movie and for it be forced to on when required.

I have been told that DVDLab Pro can do this, but I have no idea where to start. I know that it has to be already in a DVD format? Does that mean in a .VOB format?

Sorry for dumb questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Lab Pro cannot convert avi files to DVD. It is an authoring tool. You need to create DVD compliant video and audio streams, then use DLP to turn these into a DVD structure for you. While DLP will accept VOBs, it doesn't work as well with them as it does with elementary streams. Why ? Because pros don't use VOBs, and that is the market they are aiming at.

So, you have a choice. Convert your avi to mpg video and (preferably) AC3 audio (although PCM, mp2 or DTS will also be accepted), or use a one-click tool to convert for you, then demux.

Personally, I would use FitCD to create and avs script to do the resizing and to clean up the file with a couple of filters. I would feed this to CCE to encode with a 3-pass VBR encoding (video only, no audio), then put this to one side. I would use virtualdubmod to extract the audio as uncompressed PCM wav, then use Sound Forge to convert this to 2.0 ac3 (unless it is already AC3, in which case I would just demux it).

Now you are ready to come into DLP and start authoring.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi trollop
    Guns1inger is right. You need to convert to DVD format. As for subtitles, DLP Pro will do subtitles, but it is difficult to do right timing to the movie, even DLP help file say so. They recommend to use " Subtitle Workshop" from URUSoft, to create subtitles and import them to DLP. Use your search engine and type Subtitle Workshop for search. It is donation based. I use it it works well.
    To convert sound to AC3 (for NTSC DVD) go to "Doom9.net" there are lots of free tools for that, BeSweet , BeLight, easy to use and work well.
    Sorry I missed it, You are from UK. Use PCM audio format for PAL DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trollop
    I basically have a movie which is in Xvid format and has a .avi file extension. I would like to convert this to a DVD format and watch it on my TV. Now I normally just use Nero Vision for this task, however in this particular instance I want to add subtitles to this movie and for it be forced to on when required.

I have been told that DVDLab Pro can do this, but I have no idea where to start. I know that it has to be already in a DVD format? Does that mean in a .VOB format?
    Originally Posted by gunsl1inger
    DVD Lab Pro cannot convert avi files to DVD.
    The newer versions of dvdlab pro can, as long as you have the codecs installed. They will encode to .m2v and mp2/LPCM/AC3 elementary streams you can import. Now how well it does is a different matter as I have never tried it as I use separate encoders to make my streams. It's under the tools section.

Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wonderful guide, it was very helpful and thank you for putting the time and effort. Two quick questions though, is it possible to create my own menu transition using a small and quick video clip? Also, how do you create an actual movie that starts up the dvd before it goes into the main menu. There is a picture that shows the connections but it doesn't really explain how to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another question, I have dvd lab pro and for the render motion menu, do I render each chapter for the chapter menu? Because dvd lab pro renders all the chapters after I set my settings and hit the "render button" . I thought I was suppose to render each of my chapters individually. Also, I set my total clip time to 20 seconds in the global settings and output in the render motion menu and I have an audio file for my chapter menu, it seems that the audio file is also being affected by the 20 seconds I set. Is there anyway where the audio won't constantly loop for 20 secs and play normally. Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LostDvd
    Another question, I have dvd lab pro and for the render motion menu, do I render each chapter for the chapter menu? Because dvd lab pro renders all the chapters after I set my settings and hit the "render button" . I thought I was suppose to render each of my chapters individually. Also, I set my total clip time to 20 seconds in the global settings and output in the render motion menu and I have an audio file for my chapter menu, it seems that the audio file is also being affected by the 20 seconds I set. Is there anyway where the audio won't constantly loop for 20 secs and play normally. Thank you
    To do each chapter individually you can make your own then import them into dvdlab(if you know how). DVDlab does the whole chapter menu, although you can set each chapter start point and fine scrub it. As far as the 20 sec audio, it's dependent on how long your motion menu video is. If it's 20 secs, it will stop then loop again. Only way to play the whole audio is to set your motion menu to the length of your audio.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pinstripes23, thank you for the quick reply. I see how to fix the audio now and why didn't I think that sooner. The audio I have for the chapter menu is about 2 minutes, how do I set the motion for each chapter thumbnail to not be also 2 minutes? As for the motion menu for each chapter thumbnail, what does fine scrub actually do?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LostDvd
    Pinstripes23, thank you for the quick reply. I see how to fix the audio now and why didn't I think that sooner. The audio I have for the chapter menu is about 2 minutes, how do I set the motion for each chapter thumbnail to not be also 2 minutes? As for the motion menu for each chapter thumbnail, what does fine scrub actually do?
    You can't really set the thumbnail to not be also 2 min in dvdlab. To do this you would have to do the conversion separately and loop the thumbnail to how many time you want to, but make the running time still 2 minutes. The fine scrub is just to move the starting point to be more precise.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got dvdlab pro trial version and tried it out using this guide but when i get to the render menu motion part i get the error "unnamed file was not found". i'm using a 10min dvd-pal mpg video. did i miss something.

however, if i skip this part and proceed to compile the dvd i get the error "Pre verification fails. Process abort!". need help, badly.

Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ermercado
    i got dvdlab pro trial version and tried it out using this guide but when i get to the render menu motion part i get the error "unnamed file was not found". i'm using a 10min dvd-pal mpg video. did i miss something.

however, if i skip this part and proceed to compile the dvd i get the error "Pre verification fails. Process abort!". need help, badly.
    What are the exact steps you followed in order to render motion menu? From your screenshot it looks like you set chapter points, then had DLP automatically create the scene selection menu with the chapter points-picture in the boxes(except you changed the background). Then what did you do from there?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Amazing! just Amazing!
    Nothing else!!
    the most incredible guide i've ever ran into!!!
    and i've seen a-lot!!!

Thank you Reboot!!!!
    i'm using DVD Lab Pro for a long time and i never knew about some of
    the features you showed here!
    thanks!

now, i have a question:
    when i'm making a menu transitions it saves it as a *.m2v file,
    my question is - Do i need to import it to the assets window as well?
    or it's automatically activated without importing it?

thanks again!!!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GangstaRap
    now, i have a question:
    when i'm making a menu transitions it saves it as a *.m2v file,
    my question is - Do i need to import it to the assets window as well?
    or it's automatically activated without importing it?

thanks again!!!
    it should be automatic
    Quote Quote  
  29. Pinstripes23,
    OK Thanks Man!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to follow the tutorial but when i selected to "import" videos in the asset window. It did not display my files.

When i selected All Files, then it displayed but when i selected them. DVDlab did not import them.

the files im trying to import are .wmv
    Quote Quote