VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi reboot, or anybody who can help

discovered dvdlab pro just very recently and making busy use of the trial version. Unfortunately, there occurs over an over the same problem: When compiling a VTS including 8 movies (demuxed), plus an extra playlist, process comes to an stop with error note "Can't locate next audio frame header". After fiddling with the the mpv and mpa files it turned out to be a problem of 2 movies, because everything is fine when skipping those two. What can I do to fix that problem? The 2 movies are essential to me (Part 1 and 2 of "24 - season 3")

THX !!

TomDoc
    Quote Quote  
  2. Transcode all audio to AC3, 224kbps, 48khz, in ffmpeggui, and use that in DLP.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi reboot,

thanks for the quick reply - tried ffmpeggui and everything is fine!

TomDoc
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is it possible to make a DVD that plays an intro clip before going to the main menu, like a company logo or animated intro?

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GavSalkeld
    Is it possible to make a DVD that plays an intro clip before going to the main menu, like a company logo or animated intro?

Thank you!
    Yes, easily! See this page in the online help on the Mediachance web site

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Help/connections.htm

(Main help page is http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Help/index.htm )
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
  6. This:
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  7. One silly Q in DLP, After giving menu transition, how can I see what transition was given and How can I delete the old and create a new one.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Never mind, thats really silly, I got it. Iam sorry for the post.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by vcdnerd
    One silly Q in DLP, After giving menu transition, how can I see what transition was given and How can I delete the old and create a new one.
    I'd like to know! I did a main Menu to Scenes-for-movie-1 transition but I didnt know how to set it after creating it - do I have to drag and drop onto the respective menus?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use the help link I gave earlier and look at Transitions. If you look in help first, you'll save having to post here and wait for someone to spoon feed you the answer.

If you didn't create a link between the menus before you created the transition, you'll need to do it manually and link in the Connections window.
    "Just another sheep boy, duck call, swan
    song, idiot son of donkey kong - Julian Cope"
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have been on the help page. I just must have missed it. Believe me, I dont post on here without looking elsewhere first.
    Quote Quote  
  12. The transition will show up as a black and white circle on the connections tab.
    You can then manually link it to, and from, anywhere to anywhere else.
    If you don't want it, just click the mouse on it once, and hit the DEL key on the keyboard.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  13. Two small problems :S

1) Multiple Soundtracks

I have a DVD of a film I shot with a movie, extras (all 16:9) and a choice on the main movie only between the Dolby 2.0 mix and a commentary. I have made an audio selection menu, where you can pick between the two streams. When I select Dolby 2.0 (ie commentary off), the DVD takes me to the main menu and I can play the film or extras fine. However, should I put the commentary on, the film plays fine but the extras all play mute (as if they are playing a non-existant second stream). How do I stop this happening please?

2) 16:9 and 4:3 on one disc

On the same disc, Im wishing to put a little easter egg on but the disc is all 16:9 and the egg is 4:3. How can I combine 16:9 and 4:3 content on the same disc? DVD-lab says its something to do with VTS or VMG; Im relatively new to these terms so Im a bit confused. Can anyone help?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  14. 1) Is the audio track you want, a definite selection on the menu?
    You did add it to the movie from assets, right?

2) Make a VTS, put in the 4:3, bridge from the one VTS to the other.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by reboot
    1) Is the audio track you want, a definite selection on the menu? You did add it to the movie from assets, right?
    Yes, Movie1 is the main movie with 2 audio tracks. The extras have one audio track each. I have an audio selection menu with "comm on" and "comm off". The "on" selection has a link to audio stream two, which then takes u to the main menu to play the movie. The "off" selection has a link to the regular audio stream and also takes u to the main menu.

If I choose "commentary off", everythings plays OK. If I turn it on, the movie plays with the commentary but the extras are all mute and are playing a silent, none-existant second audio track.

Does that make sense?

2) Make a VTS, put in the 4:3, bridge from the one VTS to the other.
    Do you mean create a blank menu or a new blank movie?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Here is my layout. All menus, movie, extras are 16:9 are in the top two rows. The 4:3 easter egg is on its own at the bottom. Id like a piece of text on the "audio_setup" menu to link to the movie "egg" on the bottom. However, it wont let me do it.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  17. On your audio selection menu, you have nothing to tell the extras to play an alternate audio track. You do this for the movie, which is one VTS, but not your Extras, which is a separate VTS.

Right click in the Project window. Add VTS.
    Put the egg in the VTS you just made.
    Bridge it to the link from the menu.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by reboot
    Your extras are linked from a different VTS. If you want to select different audio for the extras, you need to make that link in the extras menu as well.
    The extras menu doesn't know that the extras have a second audio track.

Right click in the Project window. Add VTS.
    Put the egg in the VTS you just made.
    Bridge it to the link from the menu.
    I dont understand. And I *did* add the egg to a new VTS

Sorry, can you break it down?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Your main menu has an alternate audio track, with the choice on the audio setup menu.
    YOu need to put a choice for the extras second audio track on the audio setup menu as well, because it's in a different VTS, and the settings you choose for main menu audio don't carry between VTS.

The egg is just sitting by itself. It has no VTS, so make one, put the egg in it, then bridge it from whatever menu you want.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by reboot
    YOu need to put a choice for the extras second audio track on the audio setup menu as well, because it's in a different VTS, and the settings you choose for main menu audio don't carry between VTS.
    I dont want a second audio track on the extras, thats the thing. I have outtakes and an alternate cut of the main feature, which have one audio track each. However, when I play the disc on standalone, it it showing all the extras as having two audio tracks when they only have one; the second is mute.

The egg is just sitting by itself. It has no VTS, so make one, put the egg in it, then bridge it from whatever menu you want.
    How do I do that? I went to "create new VTS" and it added that orange "2" thing but it wont let me link.

Im so confused lol!
    Quote Quote  
  21. You don't link, you bridge.
    Click on HELP, and look for it. It's all there, spelled out for you.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  22. I got it before you posted, but thanks anyway. Still aint got the audio tracks thing done yet, though.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  25. Render it to avi, then encode using any standalone encoder.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  27. Looks like your copy of DLP is corrupt. The error occurs in the same .dll regardless of render method.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about the other people at the software comments with the same problem? As I at least have two operatin systems in my computer, the xp and the Millennium, I will try to see now if it at least works fine at the Millennium.
    Quote Quote  
  29. I have never run in to anyone else with that error.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  30. JJulio, does uninstalling, cleaning the registry, rebooting and reinstalling help?
    Quote Quote